Fire rate inconsistency with guns

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
Robby
Site Admin
Re: Fire rate inconsistency with guns

Post by Robby » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:30 pm

Thanks, I'll try and take a look at this today. What setting are you playing on? Also, could you send your graphics card model and CPU name if you know them? It does look like this is probably related to lag. In the video with the grunts, it looks like the game lags more when you go near the other player and grunts, which makes sense since it takes more to render them. I'd first need to determine if this lag is related to your CPU or GPU being overloaded.

Also, what quality setting were you playing on here?

Satan

Post by Satan » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:54 pm

Robby wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:30 pm
Thanks, I'll try and take a look at this today. What setting are you playing on? Also, could you send your graphics card model and CPU name if you know them? It does look like this is probably related to lag. In the video with the grunts, it looks like the game lags more when you go near the other player and grunts, which makes sense since it takes more to render them. I'd first need to determine if this lag is related to your CPU or GPU being overloaded.

Also, what quality setting were you playing on here?
The issue is most likely on my end, so i'm open for suggestions/advice.
Attachments
CPU.png
CPU.png (2.4KiB)Viewed 643 times
graphics card.png
graphics card.png (2.36KiB)Viewed 643 times

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:54 pm

Ok great, thanks for the info.

So I did find an issue with gun shooting rate, which I'll have fixed this week (possibly even today).

As for your computer specs, I've looked up some of the performance data for that CPU and GPU you provided. They do look quite a bit slow for today's standards, as they look to be mid-grade ones from around 2013 for laptops. So it is to be expected that you will have a harder time running games on higher performance settings. That being said, I still want to strive for Eliatopia to run as smooth as possible on all devices. So I spent several hours yesterday and today finding some ways I can optimize the performance of the game. So look for a small update either today or Friday that will have boosted performance on the "low" and "very low" quality settings. :) I think the performance boost should hopefully be quite noticeable.

Satan

Post by Satan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:35 pm

Robby wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:54 pm
Ok great, thanks for the info.

So I did find an issue with gun shooting rate, which I'll have fixed this week (possibly even today).

As for your computer specs, I've looked up some of the performance data for that CPU and CPU you provided. They do look quite a bit slow for today's standards, as they look to be mid-grade ones from around 2013 for laptops. So it is to be expected that you will have a harder time running games on higher performance settings. That being said, I still want to strive for Eliatopia to run as smooth as possible on all devices. So I spent several hours yesterday and today finding some ways I can optimize the performance of the game. So look for a small update either today or Friday that will have boosted performance on the "low" and "very low" quality settings. :) I think the performance boost should hopefully be quite noticeable.
Thank you so much! I appreciate your hard work and dedication.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:10 pm

Sure thing! The updated version is up now. Just let me know if it's enough for you to notice any better playability or not.

Satan

Post by Satan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:36 pm

Robby wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:10 pm
Sure thing! The updated version is up now. Just let me know if it's enough for you to notice any better playability or not.
Definitely smoother. Thanks for going out of your way to make this.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:05 pm

Ok, glad to here. Just curious though, is it honestly a lot better, a tiny bit better, or not much better? I just want to make sure it is a noticeable amount less laggy and that is actually made a difference. But if it didn't, feel free to be honest. =P

Satan

Post by Satan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:34 pm

Robby wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:05 pm
Ok, glad to here. Just curious though, is it honestly a lot better, a tiny bit better, or not much better? I just want to make sure it is a noticeable amount less laggy and that is actually made a difference. But if it didn't, feel free to be honest. =P
It really is a lot better. I did the same 10 shots test with the musket here ----> https://youtu.be/frdbCJ_c46A (the lag while running is from the recorder)

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:35 pm

Ok thanks for the video. Great to hear then!