HH reborn sugestions 1/5: URGENT FIXES

Talk about stuff unrelated to Eliatopia.
MaxBlue01
HH reborn sugestions 1/5: URGENT FIXES

Post by MaxBlue01 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:28 am

Since HH's forums are glitched for months, i guess i will invade Eliatopia's forum again for this. Here i propose very important fixes and features that should be top priority to guarantee a better and fair experience for everyone, without frustrating the players.

TL DR (because reading skill issue):
1) preventing several softlocks (through various causes)
2) increase coin / loot lifespan (especially when you die and drop lot of coins: give the players a chance to get their money back)
3) less frustrating platforming areas
4) invincibilty frames between 2 enemies attacks
5) anti bottng system / much better report system (much better than original HH OR Eliatopia)
6) (edited: 20 september 2023) new coin box system

What is next is the details of each idea. I do NOT force anyone to read everything at once (there is a bit to cover). It's fine to take some break, and check again later to read the rest. Anyway, here are my suggestions for HH reborn:

1) prevent softlocks (from low mobility, low dps, literal softlocks, ...):
fairyville (area above the houses, with the yellow puff monsters...) if you haven't learned the run skill, once you enter the area, it is impossible to exit, because the jump can't be made without running

fix: bigger end platform, easier way to go back (bottom right part of the yellow puff monster area)

fairy ville (middle, top area with few yellow puff monsters). the 2 water area are very problematic. It is near impossible to exit the giant left pool, even with the spring. As for the narrow water tunnel, it is very deep, taking forever to go down. Also, it appear you can't take any loot from that tunnel

fix: left pool: additional platform to land. right tunnel pool: just remove it tbh. It is more annoying and can screw players.

red mushroom forest (far right side, just before the beach) players with very low dps are stuck, because they can't activate the elevators

fix: remove dps requirement for elevators. amake the elevators work like an "on/off" system based on a timer (to prevent someone perma stalling an elevator). Like: you hit the switch, you wait 1 sec (to allow enough time for the player to stand on the elevator), then the elevator go up for 3 sec, then return down.

great frog forest: there is a softlock at a water pond (immediately at the right of the spawn point). If a player go here, he is trapped and is forced to die (or refresh the page)

fix: add a platform to climb

2) MUCH longer items / coins lifespan. This makes it near impossible to recover coins dropped by dying (especially at low level with no mobility). Right now, dying even once with a bit of money can screw the player for a long time, forcing you to do additional hours of grinding weak monsters just to get more gear. This is especially true for low level players, waiting to improve their very weak gear.

3) several platform areas are very hard / too frustrating (especially with the poor running mechanic). exemples includes:
- yellow switches that summon yellow plates have a very tight timer (in windmill area, where there are orange crazy enemies)
- several platforms jumps shouldn't be super tight, near pixel perfect (whether jumping high enough, or go far enough)
- blue mushroom seesaws platforms are frustrating to pass
- wood platforms floating on water are frustrating (both in training grounds and at the beach). make the platforms sink much slower + bigger platforms for the beach)
- red mushroom forest secret seem near impossible without very precise bounce (and a height glitch not sure?)

4) add some very short invincibility frames after an enemy hit you (with damage above 0). This is to help players fighting large group of enemies, without dying in 1 sec (especially if being too close). I don't think it's fair that players take 10 attacks / sec at once, especially from enemies that look "merged / stacked on eachother". Notable exemples include: yellow hairy monster (for low levels), mushroom squish, crabs, pumpkin creeper, orange crazy, aipster, plant monster.

5) an actual anti-bot system (i don't believe the "report" option did anything in original helmet heroes OR in eliatopia, considering how easy it is to create more accounts. unless IP bans are made.) In Eliatopia discussions, i proposed an active bot hunt system disguised as a PvP option (link: https://www.eliatopia.com/forum/viewtop ... =5&t=10597 ), although it likely need to be adapted.

6) right now, the current coin boxes system at the beach have a lot of camping an stealing problems (the one who attack the box will always get robbed from others who are camping). I keep seeing like more than 3 very high levels players (lvl 60+) who are just here for the coins boxes, leaving nothing for the lower level players. Here is how i propose to change to make a more fair system for everyone:
- basically, we need to add in-game cooldown timers + anti robbery
- exemple: let's say we have one coin box that contain a total of 5 x 12 = 60 "coin" items (each time someone hit the box, 5 "coin" item spawn. So this box can be hit a total of 12 times). Each "coin" item is worth 100 money, so the coin box contain a total of 6 000 money. (i will discuss coin values balance in another discussion)
- let's say player A and player B find the coin box at the same time. The trick is this: if player A hit the box / bump the box from below (like in original HH), ONLY player A can collect the 5 spawned coins for 15 sec (regardless of loot guard skill). The same goes for player B. After those 15s, any player can collect the remaining coins.
- when player A hit the coin box once, he is forced to wait 20s before spawning coins again (hitting the box does nothing). A visual indicator on the box can tell the player when more coins are ready. This time cooldown is independant for each individual player (if player A hit the box, player B does NOT need to wait 20s to hit the box form his coins. Multiple players can hit the same coin box at the same time, and EVERYONE get their 5 "coin" item). This way, everyone present at the coin box can safely obtain some money (unless there is way too many players, i guess). In this case, both player A and player B would earn 3 000 for the box (assuming no one skipped a cooldown)
- the coin box keep spawning groups of 5 "coin" item for anyone who hit the box, until there is no more coins left in the box (in this exemple: after the box was hit 12 times). The box then vanish for 15 min, before respawning (maybe have a visual clock, to indicate how long to wait)

MaxBlue01

Re: HH reborn sugestions 1/5: URGENT FIXES

Post by MaxBlue01 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:49 pm

As a reminder: i am NOT forcing everyone to "agree" with me on every suggestions. If you have a question, an improvement, or you see a problem with one of my suggestions, feel free to add to the discussion (i added numbers to my suggestions for a reason). However, if you do have a problem with a sugestion / or if you strongly disagree, i expect you to give me a good explanation. Saying "this sugestion is bad" doesn't help anyone.