Change to Poison's Share in EXP Gain

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Change to Poison's Share in EXP Gain

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue May 17, 2022 7:31 am

Okay, so 35 Poison Damage isn't really going to stack up to well against 70 Power. Like, if I were to have 10000 Armor, a mob with 70 power would deal 1.715 to 3.185 damage. Currently in the EXP formula, 70 power equates to +30 EXP. The same case goes to 35 poison damage, BUT here's the thing. 35 Poison Damage is 35 FIXED damage. In which case, I'll suggest a new way to determine Poison's weight in the XP formula.:

Poison EXP=(Poison Damage)²

This would make it fairer to deal with mobs with poison damage equal to the Feral Beast or stronger. Granted it will be a little too much in the Scorpee's case, in which case I recommend a hearty HP-and-defense buff and a slight power buff in exchange for its increased XP reward, I think it's fair game for mobs like the Fernip and Feral Beast. It might be problematic against player Poison Resistance, however. And yes, I still prefer enemies having poison resistance over players.

But yeah, there's my take. Probably not the most balanced way to go about it, but who knows when we have to deal with mobs that deal 25, 30, or even 35 poison damage?

TheWood

Re: Change to Poison's Share in EXP Gain

Post by TheWood » Tue May 17, 2022 8:53 am

Support, the beast has 3 times the amount of hp, more damage and speed, and it''s only 100 more experience. Poison monsters need an xp bonus. I'm not scared of monsters with a lot of poison damage, unless of course they're going to shoot like a pellet spitter in poison zone.