Increasing Players on eliatopia

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Zuji
Increasing Players on eliatopia

Post by Zuji » Thu May 12, 2022 3:47 am

Social Media Prescence
I know that Robby wants this game to grow at a better rate than it currently is. The problem is that there are little to no sources that new audiences can be attracted to new audiences. The helmet heroes community advertising is already saturated and won't provide any additional support this far into the game. The only social media eliatopia is really seen on is facebook. While useful, virtually no one in my age group(Under 20) uses facebook regularly despite under 20 likely being the target audience for the game. Expansion to other sites such as twitter, instagram, and even snapchat would help eliatopia be seen by more people. I know that Robby can only do so much with this media because he is doing other things, but I'm sure that there would be many trustworthy people that would run social media accounts for free.
Problems with promotional aspects thus far
Any advertisements or promotional trailers I see only focus on the numbers of the game as well. The number of items, monsters, and areas to explore. While this is attractive to some, it really doesn't set it apart from any other game because any game can make many items if they put in the work. Advertising should be based on something that is unique to eliatopia, such as the story that goes along with the game as you play. I have seen the story become more relevant recently with new cutscenes and such, but that feature is never advertised to new users.
Start of game is dry and turns many players off
I often start new accounts. One thing that I notice is that even when I reach a fairly low level such as 20, the account is still a higher level than 80% or more of accounts. This means some problem lies in the first 20 levels of the game that causes a high percentage of players to quit. The start of the game is fairly repetitive, even for a game focused around grinding. The areas are not super unique visually, and mobs are plain and bland. The story is rarely mentioned before you reach teplar outside of the beggining cutscene. Despite recent efforts to aid players with tutorials in starter areas, the game still lacks a clear direction from the initial landing on the planet. It feels very much just like an exploration game, which I don't believe is the intent nor does it work with the long stretch of starter areas that look very similiar visually.
-Zuji
From, Zuji
Eliatopia: Zuji
Discord: Zuji#7832
Gmail: Private
PM me on discord or on Eliatopia for any questions!

forumMikel

Re: Increasing Players on eliatopia

Post by forumMikel » Thu May 12, 2022 5:29 am

rob wants to grow the game, but only if the players like, atleast drop a few bucks (which since most players are kids, wont pop a buck) since more players = more bills on server stuff or smth that runs the game
send me money or something i want to buy chips or some fries, idk

troopas

Post by troopas » Fri May 13, 2022 4:41 pm

Well I mean as of recently theres been a considerable boom in players which I can only assume is in thanks to summer time coming

cinos

Post by cinos » Fri May 13, 2022 8:28 pm

forumMikel wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:29 am
rob wants to grow the game, but only if the players like, atleast drop a few bucks (which since most players are kids, wont pop a buck) since more players = more bills on server stuff or smth that runs the game
I mean, more players = more money, that just makes sense to me atleast. REALLY, opening an instagram is such a simple boost that I'm surprised he can't literally just do it in a day. Facebook is not in any way appealing to anyone under 40, yeah you heard me right, not even 20 is the right age group, that's why most kids who go on the elia facebook are using their parent's account!

Oh plus not wanting to get doxed on a platform that basically forces you to use your real name, just to ask robby for free moeniez.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue May 17, 2022 6:06 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I will probably look into this once I finish up a few more key updates for the game. Unfortunately, I mostly only have experience using Facebook, so that's most of the reason I haven't attempted to use the other platforms yet.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue May 17, 2022 6:15 pm

Robby wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:06 pm
Thanks for the feedback. I will probably look into this once I finish up a few more key updates for the game. Unfortunately, I mostly only have experience using Facebook, so that's most of the reason I haven't attempted to use the other platforms yet.
Need a hand?