Bandanas (Cosmetic)

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
CrazyVanilla
Bandanas (Cosmetic)

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon May 02, 2022 2:54 pm

Since Robby mentioned he needs to try and add things to the Payvault that players will continuously purchase for as long as they keep playing, here is an idea for a bandana cosmetic that could do just that.

To start off, the bandana would be pretty simple, basically a headband that wraps around the players forehead, and displays on top of the players helmet. Meaning a players bandana is still visible while they are wearing a helmet. These bandanas are a common cosmetic for Minecraft Clients to sell. Heres an example https://gyazo.com/4d957e12e7d250e2fcf13cd5bbf62648

Now, in order to maximize the Payvault impact for a cosmetic like this, I think there should be many different bandanas, and players must purchase each bandana individually in order to have access to them. This means that having 1 bandana would be pretty cheap, but players could purchase many different designs individually and swap between them whenever they like, which would add up over time in terms of emerald spending. Swapping between bandanas should be free once they are purchased in order to incentivize players to purchase many of them. This type of system also allows Robby to consistently add new bandana designs for players to continue purchasing, addressing what I mentioned above. Granted, probably in a small way, but it's something.

The bandanas could also cost different amounts of emeralds for each depending on the design. I am no artist so I can't make any actual designs (if someone does I can add to this post if they'd like), but I'll try to describe some examples to showcase what I'm trying to describe:

1) Guild Bandana: Similar to the guild flag, this bandana mimics the colors of your guild flag - costs 25 emeralds
2) Squisher Bandana: A basic bandana designed around the Squisher enemy - costs 10 emeralds
3) Lightning Bandana: An animated bandana showing lightning strikes - costs 20 emeralds
4) Winter Bandana: A limited edition winter holiday themed bandana (only available for purchase around Christmas time) - costs 20 emeralds
5) Yearly Bandana: A limited edition animated New Years themed bandana (each year has its own) - 30 emeralds

troopas

Re: Bandanas (Cosmetic)

Post by troopas » Mon May 02, 2022 2:56 pm

Support, although personally I'm more of a forge player and actually hate lunar/feather.

JoMan2

Post by JoMan2 » Mon May 02, 2022 3:23 pm

bouncer hat plsss

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Fri May 06, 2022 1:47 pm

bump

forumMikel

Post by forumMikel » Fri May 06, 2022 2:01 pm

gotta catch em all. support
send me money or something i want to buy chips or some fries, idk

JoMan2

Post by JoMan2 » Fri May 06, 2022 7:27 pm

yes plsss

Zeltonn

Post by Zeltonn » Sat May 07, 2022 11:30 am

add dis
Rip TechnoBlade

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue May 17, 2022 6:43 pm

Thanks for the suggestion! This could be cool. The bandanas might look a little strange on certain helmets, being displayed over top of them. But I'd have to see just how strange. I think I'd need to see more support from more players first though, to help know if this would be something players would want enough or not. It's always a tough call for purely cosmetic items, on how well they'll sell.

Stormzy

Post by Stormzy » Tue May 17, 2022 8:05 pm

100% Support