Homing Arrow Buff

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Re: Homing Arrow Buff

Post by Flashlight237 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:55 pm

troopas wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:52 pm
Flashlight237 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:21 pm
troopas wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:00 pm

Which again is weaker than the new arrow hoard when combining sll the arrows for nearly half the cost
Yes, but they have a higher attack rate still (132 uses per minute vs 90), so it kinda evens out (especially when you literally don't have to aim or waltz up to anything; you just kinda camp, especially when the arrows can just fly to the next living opponent when the one you attacked dies).
Well you also have to consider the short radius of the homing arrow. It's actually quite small and could increase greatly with each upgrade to make it more worthwhile. That along with what you suggested could make this addition worth it
Whaddya mean radius? Cuz those things can go anywhere they want basically, even up a friggin' ladder (as I've experienced back when I got pit-baited).

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:28 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:55 pm
troopas wrote:
Flashlight237 wrote:

Yes, but they have a higher attack rate still (132 uses per minute vs 90), so it kinda evens out (especially when you literally don't have to aim or waltz up to anything; you just kinda camp, especially when the arrows can just fly to the next living opponent when the one you attacked dies).
Well you also have to consider the short radius of the homing arrow. It's actually quite small and could increase greatly with each upgrade to make it more worthwhile. That along with what you suggested could make this addition worth it
Whaddya mean radius? Cuz those things can go anywhere they want basically, even up a friggin' ladder (as I've experienced back when I got pit-baited).
It has a radius in which it flies at the nearest target.

troopas

Post by troopas » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:50 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:55 pm
troopas wrote:
Flashlight237 wrote:

Basically what TheWood said

The radius is also quite small and you need to actually be near your target. I'm pretty sure you can shoot arrow heard farther than the actual radius of arrow homing

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:58 pm

troopas wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:50 pm
The radius is also quite small and you need to actually be near your target.
Guy who got hit by a homing shot near the top of the ladder while trying to escape The Pit here, no ya don't!

troopas

Post by troopas » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:32 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:58 pm
troopas wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:50 pm
The radius is also quite small and you need to actually be near your target.
Guy who got hit by a homing shot near the top of the ladder while trying to escape The Pit here, no ya don't!
Because once it locks on its impossible to escape lol

Edit: you can see in my original pvp video Troopas vs Ant that there is indeed, a radius and the target has to be pretty dance close for them to lock on (and once they do its difficult if not actually impossible to escape)