Helping Boost Lower-Earning PV Options

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Helping Boost Lower-Earning PV Options

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:42 am

Okay, so Robby recently posted his sales statistics for Payvault items:
Robby wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:15 pm

billboard rental: 0.6%
shout: 3.7%
guild flag: 5.2%
skill reset: 12.8%
colorize: 7.89%
cosmetic change: 3.3%
custom menu: 3.4%
more items: 11.8%
points reset: 24.7%
guild global XP: 15.6%
emoji pack: 2.3%
vendor insurance: 0.1%
drum kit: 1.21879
vendor promotion: 0.05%
more friends: 0.9%
bank items: 4%
dances: 1.7%
I'll try and address what I can for the low-balls here.

Billboard Rentals: I have suggested another expansion to billboards, which includes an Undo Button, a Paint Bucket Tool, and five more colors.: https://www.eliatopia.com/forum/viewtop ... ard#p48436

Many people would prefer colors to be fully customizable, but I've seen even Kingdom Hearts having to resort to limited color palettes for things that allow you to color customizable stuff.

More billboards will work too since, let's face it, billboards are the only truly limited Payvault item in the game, as even Inventory Slots are purchasable by a single player at any time unlike billboards which are basically on a hunting season.

Custom Menu: Switchable fonts for the UI buttons would help its case. For instance, I regularly use Samdan for concept art and monster demonstrations, so the UI can take Samdan font if need be.

Emoji Pack: Well, you can add in the Pensive emoji everyone's all the rage about. Also... You know how Newgrounds have different forum icon packs? Why not have more emoji packs? For instance...

Elia-Human: This pack allows you to use emojis based on the Mokujin-looking humans in the game. For example...
This Poggers thing.
Eliatopian: This pack allows you to use emojis based on the green bleach-drinkers in the game.
Monsters: This pack allows you to use emojis based on the monsters in the game. For example...
Bosses: heck with it, Ooze Horror, Lumbercore, Moonchyllus, Cionic Organism, and Multiplex Cortex should all have their fair share of emojis. For instance...:
Nostalgia: Emojis based on games like Fruit Bouncer, that game with the mecha centipedes, and Helmet Heroes would go here.

Okay, now that I got that out of the way...

Drum Kit: More instruments would be the best option here. A keyboard would be the easiest to program, as there's already an in-game example used for a key code, but acoustic guitar works too.

Vendor Insurance and Vendor Promotion: Really, with the marketplace forums and DIscord being a thing, what's the point in these two items existing? Literally the only way that I know of to help their case is to allow Vendor Insurance to also guarantee that the removed item will also appear in a drone drop, and I'm not too sure if that would even work with others.

More Friends: This could be buyable multiple times like Inventory Slots.

Dances: I had considered The Worm and The Robot as two more dances. Other than that, I genuinely don't know what to do about this one.

So yeah, there's that.
Last edited by Flashlight237 on Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flashlight237

Re: Helping Boost Lower-Earning PV Options

Post by Flashlight237 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:47 am

Bump

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue May 17, 2022 6:39 pm

Thanks for the payvault ideas! While I don't think any of these are bad ideas by any means, it's hard to decide if they would be worth adding in. For example, billboards account for such a horribly low percentage of the overall emeralds used. Even if I was to improve the drawing features in them, it would probably be extremely negligible in terms of how many emeralds players would spend on them. Likewise, I wonder if the same may be true for some of the other ones listed. I initially wanted to add more playable instruments, but unfortunately due to the drums rather poor sales, I'm not sure it's worth the development time.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue May 17, 2022 7:04 pm

Robby wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:39 pm
Thanks for the payvault ideas! While I don't think any of these are bad ideas by any means, it's hard to decide if they would be worth adding in. For example, billboards account for such a horribly low percentage of the overall emeralds used. Even if I was to improve the drawing features in them, it would probably be extremely negligible in terms of how many emeralds players would spend on them. Likewise, I wonder if the same may be true for some of the other ones listed. I initially wanted to add more playable instruments, but unfortunately due to the drums rather poor sales, I'm not sure it's worth the development time.
Sometimes, you gotta be creative and take risks like what I'm doing right now.