Drone Transportation

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
troopas
Re: Drone Transportation

Post by troopas » Wed May 18, 2022 7:55 pm

Robby wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 7:44 pm
Ok, so I know some players will inevitably complain it's P2W, but I've added a payvault item for next update that will allow you to quickly move from on key place to another. Right now, these "key places" are just Teplar Village, Alion CIty, and Shroom Borough. You will be able to use a "portal booth" located in each town. I figured it's not too overpowered, as you can only move from one town to another, you can't just instantly teleport to any map you want.

I figured it's a little bit of an in-between. It's not too P2W, as you can't transfer from ANYWHERE you want, only towns or other key places (maybe later). So it'll please some people, and it will help the game to make money. So hopefully it's doing more good than bad.
Ok, but how many emeralds since it's a downgrade from actual area tp?

ElkSlayer

Post by ElkSlayer » Wed May 18, 2022 8:05 pm

also put a lvl requirement or half to have been there first or something like that so that noobs arent just hanging out in mushroom

cinos

Post by cinos » Wed May 18, 2022 8:31 pm

Robby wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 7:44 pm
Ok, so I know some players will inevitably complain it's P2W, but I've added a payvault item for next update that will allow you to quickly move from on key place to another. Right now, these "key places" are just Teplar Village, Alion CIty, and Shroom Borough. You will be able to use a "portal booth" located in each town. I figured it's not too overpowered, as you can only move from one town to another, you can't just instantly teleport to any map you want.

I figured it's a little bit of an in-between. It's not too P2W, as you can't transfer from ANYWHERE you want, only towns or other key places (maybe later). So it'll please some people, and it will help the game to make money. So hopefully it's doing more good than bad.
Wait, so what you're saying is that it only works while you're in a city, right?

also rip trains fr
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed May 18, 2022 8:46 pm

@troopas I currently have it set to 130 tickets. I decided to go a little higher. I've tried to keep payvault item prices very low initially, but unfortunately that's not accumulating to much money spent towards the game, so I decided to go a little bit higher.

@ElkSlayer Player's will not be able to teleport to the cities they have not been yet. So they will not be able to skip any normal game progress.

@cinos Yep, they'll be a telephone booth looking thing in each city, so you'll have to be in a city to use it. I did initially want to do a train, however I figured the time a player would have to spend sitting on the train would negate some of the time they were trying to save by taking it. Since they would have to waist time sitting on the train and/or waiting for it as well. I do admit that would be cooler to see a train speed by, but this seemed more practical for players and was also easier to implement.

cinos

Post by cinos » Wed May 18, 2022 8:57 pm

Robby wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 8:46 pm
@troopas I currently have it set to 130 tickets. I decided to go a little higher. I've tried to keep payvault item prices very low initially, but unfortunately that's not accumulating to much money spent towards the game, so I decided to go a little bit higher.

@ElkSlayer Player's will not be able to teleport to the cities they have not been yet. So they will not be able to skip any normal game progress.

@cinos Yep, they'll be a telephone booth looking thing in each city, so you'll have to be in a city to use it. I did initially want to do a train, however I figured the time a player would have to spend sitting on the train would negate some of the time they were trying to save by taking it. Since they would have to waist time sitting on the train and/or waiting for it as well. I do admit that would be cooler to see a train speed by, but this seemed more practical for players and was also easier to implement.
You probably already know where I stand on this, but hey it's a decent band-aid type of fix.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Beef

Post by Beef » Wed May 18, 2022 10:51 pm

To be honest the game isnt big enough to have a tele system....Really doesnt take long to run from one area to another... the train system sounds great! or even a personal mount of some kind...maybe one of the many cars broke down around the game...heck tame a mob pokemon style to keep i dont know...ppl are just being lazy i think.

troopas

Post by troopas » Thu May 19, 2022 1:43 am

Robby wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 8:46 pm
I did initially want to do a train, however I figured the time a player would have to spend sitting on the train would negate some of the time they were trying to save by taking it. Since they would have to waist time sitting on the train and/or waiting for it as well. I do admit that would be cooler to see a train speed by, but this seemed more practical for players and was also easier to implement.
So is that train track in the beetle area just there for decor now? Will never get used?

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Thu May 19, 2022 6:31 am

There aren't many areas in the game to invent some high-tech box, it's not necessary right now.

Hustler

Post by Hustler » Thu May 19, 2022 1:33 pm

TheWood wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:31 am
There aren't many areas in the game to invent some high-tech box, it's not necessary right now.
its already added m8

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Thu May 19, 2022 2:46 pm

Hustler wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:33 pm
TheWood wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:31 am
its already added m8
Then i will wait for 20-25k each emes, buying them 45k+ not good idea.