Whipmaster - Attack Direction fix ....?

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Savage0
Whipmaster - Attack Direction fix ....?

Post by Savage0 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:46 am

Alright, so I may or may not be the only Whipmaster user (not that theres many of us .... the class isn't fun.) to have this issue, but the attacking distance between clicking vertically or horizontally is way too off. If you click from left to right, the whip travels its max distance, in contrast to when you click downward or upward, where it only goes about 1/3 or half if you're lucky -_-.

This obviously has to do with the way the games moving works, where bottom/upward are far closer than left or right, so I was wondering if it could be altered cause hitting enemies can sometimes be *quite* the burden. Another thing, why does the whip extend ALL the way when attacking? Couldn't it just follow where the mouse was clicked instead of being a continuous length (without exceeding the maximum distance of course, maybe make the character not hold the handle, and instead hold the whip itself so its closer to the tip), if not, maybe higher damage to the enemy depending on how close the enemy was to the tip (without being hit directly by it.) Something like 66% of Tip damage if its just barely off of the tip [Not sure how'd that work, but tip damage doesn't need to be increased anymore .... would actually prefer some passive skills for defense, and I don't mean HP restoration.]

And I'd like to know: Are you happy with your creation Flashlight? Do you think it was adapted well? Why is it getting so many buffs to NON-Tip damage?

If anyone agree, disagree, or have further suggestions to add on, feel free to reply.
Attachments
RIGHT D.PNG
RIGHT D.PNG (63.77KiB)Viewed 482 times
DOWN ABACADDDDDD.PNG
DOWN ABACADDDDDD.PNG (33.65KiB)Viewed 482 times
KONO DIA DA!

Savage0

Re: Whipmaster - Attack Direction fix ....?

Post by Savage0 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:08 am

Bump
KONO DIA DA!

Zeltonn

Post by Zeltonn » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:13 pm

Savage0 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:46 am
Alright, so I may or may not be the only Whipmaster user (not that theres many of us .... the class isn't fun.) to have this issue, but the attacking distance between clicking vertically or horizontally is way too off. If you click from left to right, the whip travels its max distance, in contrast to when you click downward or upward, where it only goes about 1/3 or half if you're lucky -_-.

This obviously has to do with the way the games moving works, where bottom/upward are far closer than left or right, so I was wondering if it could be altered cause hitting enemies can sometimes be *quite* the burden. Another thing, why does the whip extend ALL the way when attacking? Couldn't it just follow where the mouse was clicked instead of being a continuous length (without exceeding the maximum distance of course, maybe make the character not hold the handle, and instead hold the whip itself so its closer to the tip), if not, maybe higher damage to the enemy depending on how close the enemy was to the tip (without being hit directly by it.) Something like 66% of Tip damage if its just barely off of the tip [Not sure how'd that work, but tip damage doesn't need to be increased anymore .... would actually prefer some passive skills for defense, and I don't mean HP restoration.]

And I'd like to know: Are you happy with your creation Flashlight? Do you think it was adapted well? Why is it getting so many buffs to NON-Tip damage?

If anyone agree, disagree, or have further suggestions to add on, feel free to reply.
AGREED! I have the same bug with my alt
Rip TechnoBlade

Rusher

Post by Rusher » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:46 pm

It looks like this happen because the whip is 2d object that moves in 3d plane, for fixing this Robby will have to remake all the whip textures to make them 3d or add more textures 2d for every whip and for every cardinal direction. He didn't make it for the for main character, he probably wouldn't do it for this weapon.

cinos

Post by cinos » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:18 pm

Rusher wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:46 pm
It looks like this happen because the whip is 2d object that moves in 3d plane, for fixing this Robby will have to remake all the whip textures to make them 3d or add more textures 2d for every whip and for every cardinal direction. He didn't make it for the for main character, he probably wouldn't do it for this weapon.
Wrong and wrong, this happens because the isometric angle makes objects move faster and further torwards the north-eastern/south-western axis. To fix this, you'd actually need to make the whip's movement change upon that axis, aka write some kind of code to stretch the whip further depending on the direction. No real need for a 3D model here since it'd still be functioning on the same code regardless.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:41 am

Bump.
KONO DIA DA!

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:09 am

Bump.
KONO DIA DA!

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:23 am

Bump
KONO DIA DA!