Alt f4.

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
gtx1650
Alt f4.

Post by gtx1650 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:41 pm

o dude if you do alt f4 in dangerous area like pvp area or "the pit" you must die instantly too much ppl (like Galand) its doing alt f4 in pvp and its very annoying because nobody can kill that type of ppl. Thanks
SyTriger if you view this youre super gay :vv: karma op

Robby
Site Admin

Re: Alt f4.

Post by Robby » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:42 pm

Thanks for the post. I'd have to really think about what would be a good solution to this. Is anyone else also having this be an issue?

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:10 pm

Robby wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:42 pm
Thanks for the post. I'd have to really think about what would be a good solution to this. Is anyone else also having this be an issue?
Yes, fighting people like this is a pain. For example, Galand will enter pvp, fight, then as soon as his mage bubble pops, he logs off, rinse and repeat.

A good solution might be to make their character die anyways, or temp ban them for a couple days for combat logging.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:15 pm

Robby wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:42 pm
Yeah, it's super annoying. Certain players like Galand are literally unkillable in pvp because they just alt+f4 when they are about to die.

What about a "combat timer"? Like, everytime you take damage from a player you are deemed in combat for say 15 seconds (timer starts over each time you are hit). If you log off while deemed in combat you automatically die and the player who hit you last gets the kill. Not sure how easy / difficult something like that would be to implement.

imposter_sus

Post by imposter_sus » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:21 pm

when you alt f4 while you combat timer is still counting i think instead of dying instantly your character should just stand there still until your combat timer counts down to 0
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣿⡿⠉⠙⠛⠛⠛⠻⣦
⠀⠀⣸⣿⠀⣠⣶⣿⣿⠿⠿⠿⢿⣦
⠀⣤⣶⣶⠀⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⣿
⣸⣿⠀⣿⠀⠀⠿⠿⣿⣶⣶⣶⡿⠛
⣿⣧⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿
⠛⢿⣿⣿⠀⠀⣿⣿⣷⣶⠀⢸⣿
⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⣽⠀⣿⡇
⠀⠀⠀⣿⣦⣠⣴⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠛

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:47 pm

Ok thanks for the info! Just so I can get a full idea, I imagine the ALT+F4 works for both web and desktop? Or is it only web?

Also, do you think this logging off would also be an issue for mobile? Or do you think the logging off process is too slow on mobile that it's not so much of an issue?

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:10 pm

Robby wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:47 pm
Ok thanks for the info! Just so I can get a full idea, I imagine the ALT+F4 works for both web and desktop? Or is it only web?

Also, do you think this logging off would also be an issue for mobile? Or do you think the logging off process is too slow on mobile that it's not so much of an issue?
I can't play on mobile but I'd assume it's fairly easy and quick to just close the app so I think it'd be an issue there too. As far as alt+f4 goes, the issue is in general just closing the game. Even if you don't alt+f4, you can just manually x out the tab / game extremely quickly on both web and desktop version.

cinos

Post by cinos » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:15 pm

Personally as obnoxious as alt f4-ing players are (aka, galand who sucks at the game), I don't think combat bans are a good idea, I mean sometimes the game crashes too, might give me a ban too if I crash twice (has happened).
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:24 pm

cinos wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:15 pm
Personally as obnoxious as alt f4-ing players are (aka, galand who sucks at the game), I don't think combat bans are a good idea, I mean sometimes the game crashes too, might give me a ban too if I crash twice (has happened).
Agreed, I think just combat logging should just result in death, which in most cases is what would happen if you didn't log anyway. I mean aside from the rare game crash, why else would you log while in combat if you weren't going to die.

-ZERO-

Post by -ZERO- » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:05 pm

hmm... how about make them die instantly when they alt+f4 specifically in area 67 (Pit) with less than 10-15% HP left on them, but I don't think it's the best though, cuz we might get a bug that when we log out even outside the pit, our items will drop lol, that terrifying thought is giving me goosebumps. Kidding aside, I guess you should also just add log out/exit button with a 3 layer of text with a slightly slow animation that ask for player's confirmation of logging off.

PS: Just give better idea, or improve mine if it's not that bad, and don't roast me : (