Necromancer Skill Branch (Dark Magic Skills)

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Astin
Necromancer Skill Branch (Dark Magic Skills)

Post by Astin » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:13 pm

This idea was talked over in the discord server but how it would work is:

Instead of a necromancer class, there would be a new branch exclusive to mages which would be Dark Magic (Used by necromancers). There would be a variety of skills but the one I'd request would be Life Steal

Life Steal (2 ideas I'm thinking of):

User is granted the ability to resurrect a deceased player for the cost of a 35% Hp reduction. This skill would allow for the player to retain their gear and previous perks of their past life, but after their second death, the Hp is restored to the Necromancer (or if the user dies, in which Hp will be restored. But in that case the resurrected user still will retain its life until it once again dies. In the case of the pit, the resurrected user will be naked)

Life Steal V2

User is granted the ability to steal the Health they deal (Every hit will heal the user 10% of what they deal to an enemy/player) Though as a drawback, the users health bar will decrease by 35% unless they perish, to which the skills resets.

I haven't thought of the usage, or if it takes MP, HP or Coins to activate but the point is a separate branch dedicated to mages (Later on in the game would spice things up and add a variation to the current system of basic skills)

- Ahmed / Astin

Astin

Re: Necromancer Skill Branch (Dark Magic Skills)

Post by Astin » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:21 pm

Another point I forgot to mention was how the resurrection would work. It would require support of another player, but at the same time it could be a programmed AI. In the first case, it leads to the question of, "What if the player declines or revives?"

GonDup

Post by GonDup » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:36 pm

I'm open to different skill branches where you have to actually choose which one to get instead of just getting everything.

As for the skills you suggested, Hard no to your first one. Too broken.

Am having a hard time understanding the second one. But necro skills would be cool tho.

Astin

Post by Astin » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:40 pm

GonDup wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:36 pm
I'm open to different skill branches where you have to actually choose which one to get instead of just getting everything.

As for the skills you suggested, Hard no to your first one. Too broken.

Am having a hard time understanding the second one. But necro skills would be cool tho.
Like if you have 100 Health on you and you activate the skill, until you die, you'll have 65 Max HP but will heal 10% of what you deal to an enemy/monster. for example, if you deal 50 damage per hit to a scorpee, you'll heal 5 hp. But runes won't add any additional health if they deal damage to curb it being broken. 35% is a fair number considering when future monsters come out, the player will have to rely on health. Futhermore, this will also put significance to Health since as of now, players just treat HP as a joke.

cinos

Post by cinos » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:31 am

First one's broken, second one sounds decent.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

DREEAAM09_is_back

Post by DREEAAM09_is_back » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:33 am

i cant barely read tho but support :lol: :D ;)
WAAW! THATS GRAPE!

ALSOADDMYACCOUNT
D_A_R_K