New Archer Skill - Spike Shield

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
abdullah10
New Archer Skill - Spike Shield

Post by abdullah10 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:25 am

This is my first forum post

My suggestion is considered a shield since it follows the player while damaging monsters/players beside them. it differs from the existing 3 skills since it's more defensive while going by the green theme with poison on these spikes. Controversial idea but the spikes will move through the ground but players can jump on top of them. (though the ability lasts for 5 seconds and has a recharge time, with an MP drawback.

Hopefully you guys can help me construct a good idea and possibly lead this to an addition in the game

(Brother of Astin)
Attachments
eliatopia3.png
eliatopia3.png (35.45KiB)Viewed 406 times

cinos

Re: New Archer Skill - Spike Shield

Post by cinos » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:27 am

Too much mp and yet ANOTHER skill for a class that has more than anyone else. Also bad.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Astin

Post by Astin » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:37 am

cinos wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:27 am
Too much mp and yet ANOTHER skill for a class that has more than anyone else. Also bad.
Alright, don't respond to this saying because he's my brother because you know that I'm fair to all. Your first point was fair but at the same time all archer skills are offensive. Your second point was wrong since Mages and Warriors have the same or more skills, both needing to be nerfed. and your last was subjective to add on a bad narrative. "Also Bad". Once again, I'm not salty, just calling your response pretty lacking

Astin

Post by Astin » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:52 am

Here, I'll give me take. The statistics are pretty good considering introducing a new concept which hasn't been used. For such a skill, I do agree with the mp usage. While it is high, it gives the user a brief time to protect themselves while dealing high damage and poison. (I also find it unique to incorporate runes without needing the rune). My only critique would be the layout of the spikes and the amount. A modest reduction to 5 in a pentagon shape would cover all grounds while minimizing space. Part of being a forum user is to give a modest response and not lay down "very bad" less than 2 minutes after the post. It took me a minute just to read it all.

- Astin / Ahmed

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:03 am

The concept is great, maybe some of the specifics like MP cost, damage, and what it looks like could be modified a bit to make it more fair/useable. :D

abdullah10

Post by abdullah10 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:12 am

I thank your support and i can see how i can change it up a bit. :D

DREEAAM09_is_back

Post by DREEAAM09_is_back » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:30 am

it looks like earth bender in avatar
WAAW! THATS GRAPE!

ALSOADDMYACCOUNT
D_A_R_K

cinos

Post by cinos » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:42 am

Astin wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:37 am
cinos wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:27 am
Alright, don't respond to this saying because he's my brother because you know that I'm fair to all. Your first point was fair but at the same time all archer skills are offensive. Your second point was wrong since Mages and Warriors have the same or more skills, both needing to be nerfed. and your last was subjective to add on a bad narrative. "Also Bad". Once again, I'm not salty, just calling your response pretty lacking
Oh yes, warrior has more skills, but how many of those are actually GOOD skills? Or even non passive ones? There's the B move, okay, there's rage which is only half good, NOW there's ninja slash which doesn't even work in pvp, there's a decent set of passives and a USELESS set of passives. That leaves us with TWO active skills, only one of which works everywhere.

Archers have atleast three offensive skills, four if you could the leaf shield as offensive, all of which ARE useful compared to like- half of warrior's "more" skills. Gee, you tell me how that works! My answer is still the same, BAD IDEA.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

noire

Post by noire » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:43 am

abdullah10 wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:25 am

Hopefully you guys can help me construct a good idea and possibly lead this to an addition in the game

If anything this skill should belong to warrior class. Archer class are more likely to be nature element (Leafs/ wind in general).
Conjuring objects from the ground is something that requires strength and when talking about strength all I can think of are the warriors.

The proposed skill would look good as an after effect when warriors cast smash, though I am not a fan of the idea since it will surely bring my wooden pc down.

Archer class already has a shield skill/ buff. Having 2 would destroy the currently unbalanced balance :lol: .
- End

cinos

Post by cinos » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:24 am

noire wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:43 am
abdullah10 wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:25 am

If anything this skill should belong to warrior class. Archer class are more likely to be nature element (Leafs/ wind in general).
Conjuring objects from the ground is something that requires strength and when talking about strength all I can think of are the warriors.

The proposed skill would look good as an after effect when warriors cast smash, though I am not a fan of the idea since it will surely bring my wooden pc down.

Archer class already has a shield skill/ buff. Having 2 would destroy the currently unbalanced balance :lol: .
Pretty much, we should probably focus on making warriors an actual class...also mages a FUN class.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111