(Optional) A Few Minor Tweaks to Ninja Slash

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
(Optional) A Few Minor Tweaks to Ninja Slash

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:44 pm

Okay, so warriors got Ninja Slash, which I love. However, there can be a few tweaks to it that can be done. Really, it's minor, and I think only one of the things I've listed (your choice which) would be necessary to get it up there.

1. Slightly lower the end lag. I tested the skill myself and took note that skill is the only one to have real end lag. If you wanna get technical, what end lag is is a pause that happens after an attack is done. A shorter end lag can work. Not too much, tho. Currently the skill sits at 42 attacks per minute. If we were to reduce the end lag by five frames (1 frame=1/60th of a second in Eliatopia), the attack's speed would increase to 45 attacks per minute. Really the end lag reduction would be more beneficial in PVP than when battling monsters. Just my guess.

2. Slightly increase the power. Currently where it sits, Ninja Slash sits at 2.1x power at its strongest. Storm Cloud, the closest counterpart to Ninja Slash, caps at 3.6x power, BUT it is the slowest skill at 20 hits/minute. Of course with dual-wielding boosts, Storm Cloud would do 40 hits/minute. I know not of where Storm Cloud caps in terms of enemy count, however. That being said, I'd say 2.6x max power should be enough to have Ninja Slash comfortably sit in the middle DPS-wise between single-wield Storm Cloud and dual-wield Storm Cloud.

3. Slightly lower the MP cost. MP requirements are wonky in the game; they make use of a y=ax formula instead of a y=a+bx formula. Reducing the base MP cost from 3 to 2 would have Ninja Slash cap at 8 MP at max level. Of course the main difference between Ninja Slash and Storm Cloud is how they work. Ninja Slash is a single-stroke attack. Storm Cloud, on the other hand, lasts a certain amount of time, hitting foes every 3 seconds (1.5 seconds for dual-wield). Due to these differences, I think the MP cost reduction should work out fine.

Like I said, only one of these things would be necessary. I mean if you pick #2, you don't have to pick #1 or #3. If you pick #3, you don't have to pick #1 or #2. Yeah.

[KING]*Philip

Re: (Optional) A Few Minor Tweaks to Ninja Slash

Post by [KING]*Philip » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:46 pm

Waiting for this change

Pause after slash
To much Mp

HotDawgMan

Post by HotDawgMan » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:52 pm

:| y :| o :| u :| a :| r :| e :| g :| a :| y

Flashlight237