Arrow Hoard Nerf + Grenade Buff

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Robby
Site Admin
Re: Arrow Hoard Nerf + Grenade Buff

Post by Robby » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:02 pm

Ok, I've also got it so that grenades will now be aimed just like shooting instead of using the movement keys. The change will be made in tomorrow's patch.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:21 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:53 pm
Robby wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:51 pm
Ok, I will have a small change made to arrow hoard in this week's patch. The arrow shooting animation will play at half speed when using arrow hoard. Current arrow shooting animation takes 0.3 seconds to complete. So when using arrow hoard it will take 0.6 seconds. Hopefully this will help a bit then. If after the patch, if it still needs more balancing, just bring this topic back up.
Exactly-only a bit. Main point is to nerf it's power or add a cooldown.
I wouldn't call it "only a bit;" he nerfed that thing's DPS to half of what it was according to my calculations (went from an equivalent of around 23.1 shots per second at normal damage to a predicted 12 shots per second at normal damage; this based on a 0.15-second shot lag after the animations)

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:50 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:21 pm
GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Robby wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:51 pm
Ok, I will have a small change made to arrow hoard in this week's patch. The arrow shooting animation will play at half speed when using arrow hoard. Current arrow shooting animation takes 0.3 seconds to complete. So when using arrow hoard it will take 0.6 seconds. Hopefully this will help a bit then. If after the patch, if it still needs more balancing, just bring this topic back up.
I wouldn't call it "only a bit;" he nerfed that thing's DPS to half of what it was according to my calculations (went from an equivalent of around 23.1 shots per second at normal damage to a predicted 12 shots per second at normal damage; this based on a 0.15-second shot lag after the animations)
Making it slower won't make much of a difference if as a ranged class they will still kill eveything way faster than others.Even if it will be 0.6 seconds, still they can easily kill many mobs, that delay will ony give them time to aim in different direction between shots. Not any of the rest classes can kill strong mobs so fast. Mage finds it hard to farm strong mobs on wide areas, gunman have to waste a lot of bullets to kill any of them. As for warrior-not even gonna comment since everybody on forum clearly knows ans says it-this class is just trash, worst possible to pick.

we_can

Post by we_can » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:01 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:50 pm
Flashlight237 wrote:
GeraltOfRivia wrote:

As for warrior-not even gonna comment since everybody on forum clearly knows and says it-this class is just trash, worst possible to pick.
Can relate :pensive:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmblXu9kpizGeIwMNLHWPvQ

og warrior

cinos

Post by cinos » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:36 pm

Robby wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:02 pm
Ok, I've also got it so that grenades will now be aimed just like shooting instead of using the movement keys. The change will be made in tomorrow's patch.
YES!
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:02 am

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Flashlight237 wrote:
GeraltOfRivia wrote:

Making it slower won't make much of a difference if as a ranged class they will still kill eveything way faster than others.Even if it will be 0.6 seconds, still they can easily kill many mobs, that delay will ony give them time to aim in different direction between shots. Not any of the rest classes can kill strong mobs so fast. Mage finds it hard to farm strong mobs on wide areas, gunman have to waste a lot of bullets to kill any of them. As for warrior-not even gonna comment since everybody on forum clearly knows ans says it-this class is just trash, worst possible to pick.
If this is how you respond to ACTUAL MATH, than you're an idiot. If you had a BRAIN, you'd be worshipping MATH and ANALYSIS like a GOD! But guess what?! YOU STILL TREAT ANALYSES LIKE TRASH! One of these days, MATH will PROVE how IGNORANT you are!

Heneral

Post by Heneral » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:50 am

Flashlight237 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:02 am
GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Flashlight237 wrote:

If this is how you respond to ACTUAL MATH, than you're an idiot. If you had a BRAIN, you'd be worshipping MATH and ANALYSIS like a GOD! But guess what?! YOU STILL TREAT ANALYSES LIKE TRASH! One of these days, MATH will PROVE how IGNORANT you are!
Probably your over reacting this lmao.your just like cinos and Mikel The Toxic of Elia society
One of the Monarch and Oldest Player in Elia Society.
Since The Game Was Created.

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:17 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:02 am
GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Flashlight237 wrote:

1. Nope i am not an idiot-if what maybe you are by making such a response showing no respect to a different opinion.
2. Yep i have a brain an i use it wery well, not only for making math formulas but also to see how they are working in a game with few classes-f.e archer(powerfull ranged class) can kill at least 3-4 mobs at the same time as warrior can kill 1.
3. I am not a God, neither are you(but looks like you think you are one) and i am not gonna worship only one thing-maths is good, but in games experience shows you might made bad analysis and some changes are needed.So no matter what formula you use-you need to test it if it will be good for it. Also math if you wouldn't notice is based on one thing- it works best if you use simple solution.
4.Yes i treat some analyses like trash if they dont suit and solve the problem.
5.One day math will prove that calling someone ignorant, using small and capital letters alternately in one sentence doesn't make you look smart and better but exactly opposite.
Thank you for reading. Have a good day.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:29 pm

Going to bump this because Arrow Hoard NEEDS a charge for pvp. Facing an archer in pvp makes the whole "player versus player" concept turn into "avoid extremely long ranged, buffed, and wide spread arrows so you don't get 1 hit". The cooldown helped a bit, but with such a long range and wide spread, it's still extremely OP.

I'd suggest a charge time as suggested here and to counteract that possibly increase the damage of the arrows from 150% to 200%?

cinos

Post by cinos » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:52 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:29 pm
Going to bump this because Arrow Hoard NEEDS a charge for pvp. Facing an archer in pvp makes the whole "player versus player" concept turn into "avoid extremely long ranged, buffed, and wide spread arrows so you don't get 1 hit". The cooldown helped a bit, but with such a long range and wide spread, it's still extremely OP.

I'd suggest a charge time as suggested here and to counteract that possibly increase the damage of the arrows from 150% to 200%?
You do know it ALREADY has more charge time, right? You're pretty much asking for the same nerf (more like- logical rework honestly) again, which I don't MIND but...to be fair you'd still be trapped by my homing arrows and then get a 200% hoard to the face, and I wonder how many times we can ask for "make it slower but stronger" before turning a shotgun into an ANTI TANK RIFLE!

Also, quite a few levels apart.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111