Arrow Hoard Nerf + Grenade Buff

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
cinos
Re: Arrow Hoard Nerf + Grenade Buff

Post by cinos » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:18 am

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:07 pm
cinos wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:06 pm
JoMan wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:27 pm
I don’t go pvp it’s just for grinding to make it easier
Well then first off if you NEVER do that you cannot act like you know what's best for it. SECOND, even in grinding spots arrow hoard is an annoying bugger that severely breaks the balance, allowing level 30s and 40s to grind at beetles at the same rate as DOMINOS. That's not what I would call a balanced mechanic.
Honestly just forget about pvp entirely, there is no way to balance it unless all current skills were to be removed from pvp and there were "pvp only" skills added.
"It can never be balanced" is not a valid excuse, it's simply ignoring that PVP is an important factor of fun to an MMO, not to MENTION that arrow hoard is not balanced in the "main game" (aka grinding for 5 hours) either! Downplaying PVP doesn't make arrow hoard less overpowered, it directs focus to the "main" game and shows that it's STILL an annoying piece of sh1t. Oh and now that you mentioned the "main" game, how about the part where archers literally OWN the economy? Are we not gonna mention that?
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:13 pm

cinos wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:18 am

"It can never be balanced" is not a valid excuse, it's simply ignoring that PVP is an important factor of fun to an MMO, not to MENTION that arrow hoard is not balanced in the "main game" (aka grinding for 5 hours) either! Downplaying PVP doesn't make arrow hoard less overpowered, it directs focus to the "main" game and shows that it's STILL an annoying piece of sh1t. Oh and now that you mentioned the "main" game, how about the part where archers literally OWN the economy? Are we not gonna mention that?
I support the arrow hoard nerf lmao, i'm just saying pvp is irrelevant because it will never be balanced as long as the current skills in the game are able to be used in pvp. It's just the unfortunate reality, so better to focus on balancing the main game.

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:58 pm

Balancing, balancing, balancing. The more posts i see with new ''cool '' ideas how to balance the game i see one obvious pattern:
At first before it you all wanted to buff buff buff, now all we see is a game more broken than..(put here what youu want).
The game need something more than only balancing- it needs to totally rewrite some skills, put some of them to general, remove some etc.
At this point game is so broken- on PVP mage is like god, archer is made to be only class that can farm and grind at the same time, gunman is the fastest class to lvl up on wide areas, warrior-not to say much about him-worst , useless,most expensive class that got even nerfed(while he shoud get new cool speed based skill).
I've seen, played some games and i've never seen such a messed up classes.
The only thing i would keep same as it is now is XP per LVL. Making it hard to lvl up makes it more challenging.

cinos

Post by cinos » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:11 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:58 pm
Balancing, balancing, balancing. The more posts i see with new ''cool '' ideas how to balance the game i see one obvious pattern:
At first before it you all wanted to buff buff buff, now all we see is a game more broken than..(put here what youu want).
The game need something more than only balancing- it needs to totally rewrite some skills, put some of them to general, remove some etc.
At this point game is so broken- on PVP mage is like god, archer is made to be only class that can farm and grind at the same time, gunman is the fastest class to lvl up on wide areas, warrior-not to say much about him-worst , useless,most expensive class that got even nerfed(while he shoud get new cool speed based skill).
I've seen, played some games and i've never seen such a messed up classes.
The only thing i would keep same as it is now is XP per LVL. Making it hard to lvl up makes it more challenging.
Correlation is not causation though, balance changes aren't the problem, main reason the playerbase is dropping is the slower update schedule, oh and maybe cause the only balance changes robby adds are all wrong. Ya know, like making warriors worse.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:51 pm

Ok, I will have a small change made to arrow hoard in this week's patch. The arrow shooting animation will play at half speed when using arrow hoard. Current arrow shooting animation takes 0.3 seconds to complete. So when using arrow hoard it will take 0.6 seconds. Hopefully this will help a bit then. If after the patch, if it still needs more balancing, just bring this topic back up.

cinos

Post by cinos » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:55 pm

pssssst, you're missing something:
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Khazic

Post by Khazic » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:22 am

Robby wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:51 pm
Ok, I will have a small change made to arrow hoard in this week's patch. The arrow shooting animation will play at half speed when using arrow hoard. Current arrow shooting animation takes 0.3 seconds to complete. So when using arrow hoard it will take 0.6 seconds. Hopefully this will help a bit then. If after the patch, if it still needs more balancing, just bring this topic back up.
Make it 0.10
OMAE WA MOU SHINDEIRU

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:39 am

Khazic wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:22 am
Robby wrote:
Make it 0.10
Do you math? 0.10 is FASTER, not slower.

Khazic

Post by Khazic » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:01 am

Flashlight237 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:39 am
Khazic wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:22 am
Robby wrote:
Make it 0.10
Do you math? 0.10 is FASTER, not slower.
Joke
OMAE WA MOU SHINDEIRU

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:53 pm

Robby wrote:
Exactly-only a bit. Main point is to nerf it's power or add a cooldown.