Some QOL stuff

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
MrHybridYT
Re: Some QOL stuff

Post by MrHybridYT » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:52 am

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:35 pm
Just some QOL stuff I've thought about that might be nice to get added in. (Yes I'm aware some of this stuff has already been suggested but I'm adding it here anyway)

14.5) Have an input field for trading coins where you can just type the amount you want to trade (thx cyro)
also the items ( bullets, arrows, anything with high/ more than 1 quantity, etc. )
thnx
No Videos Yet. I Know!

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:29 am

Bump added #27

JoMan2

Post by JoMan2 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:58 am

Um maybe buff the magic breath skill for mages or just replace it. As it takes a lot of mp and not a lot of dmg

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:08 pm

bump. Begging for #22 cuz its so hard to tell if an item is worth buying in the vendor with items getting more and more expensive now lol

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:39 pm

Ok thanks. I'll have to remember to check back here this week to see if I can add some more. I've got 2 added so far for next update. #10 and #22. For #10 however, I removed the XP numbers and replaced them with just a percentage. Hopefully player's won't dislike this. >.< I removed the numbers because they get too big along with the percentage text, and it's just too much text to fit there. And #22, you will now be able to see retail prices of all items in vendors. :) I think this will definitely help.

I have a question regarding #4. I have seen player's request this before. I'm just curious, is there any reason in particular yin'z want to see this? I decided to leave out the level requirement text so as to simplify things. But if enough player's really want this, I will consider adding it.

Question for #1 as well. When you say "online players" at the top of the friends list. Do you mean the overall players online in the whole game, or just the number of your friends that are online?

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:59 pm

Robby wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:39 pm
I have a question regarding #4. I have seen player's request this before. I'm just curious, is there any reason in particular yin'z want to see this? I decided to leave out the level requirement text so as to simplify things. But if enough player's really want this, I will consider adding it.
As much as I'd like to let CV take the front row seat here, I can answer this one. This was one of the most popular QOL deals, mainly because people felt it'd be more convenient to see level requirements at all times. That's my guess at least.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:10 pm

Robby wrote:
Ok thanks. I'll have to remember to check back here this week to see if I can add some more. I've got 2 added so far for next update. #10 and #22. For #10 however, I removed the XP numbers and replaced them with just a percentage. Hopefully player's won't dislike this. >.< I removed the numbers because they get too big along with the percentage text, and it's just too much text to fit there. And #22, you will now be able to see retail prices of all items in vendors. :) I think this will definitely help.

Question for #1 as well. When you say "online players" at the top of the friends list. Do you mean the overall players online in the whole game, or just the number of your friends that are online?
#1 - I mean of the players on your friends list, organize the list by their last login time rather than what order they were added to the friends list (online at the top followed by most recently online going downward). Not a very important feature, but IMO it would be nice to just open your friends list and automatically see who's online by them being at the top instead of having to scroll through it, especially if "friends list expansion" is added at some point, allowing a larger friends list. I know some players would rather keep it how it is though, so perhaps have it a toggle-able feature?

#4 - The biggest reason is just for general convenience and knowledge of the game. Not being able to see the level requirements can be annoying when buying gear for an alt account, or a friend asking what the level requirement is of your set to see if they are high enough level, or players trying to buy a set and not knowing the level requirement without walking all the way there and seeing it for themselves because no one knows it. While it makes sense why you disabled it when you are high enough level, I find myself quite often in a situation where I wish I could see the level requirements from my main account. Also to be honest I couldn't even tell you what any level requirements are, since ever since the original sets in Cheapos came out I have always been high enough level for the next equipment (excluding the blue reptile shell which was originally level 76 but has changed since), so when players ask me what the lvl requirements are I have no idea and can't answer.

cinos

Post by cinos » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:45 pm

Robby wrote:

Okay the percentage exp is FINE but PLEASE make it possible to view the exact exp you have and exp you need to level up in the character screen atleast, we need to know so we can properly calculate stuff.

Also we want the level requirement text so we can tell new players the level requirement, and possibly also help out with the eliatopia wiki.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:32 pm

Ok thanks for the info! I've got #1 and #4 added in for next update. :)

Perhaps bump in another week or two and I'll try to get some more added.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:34 pm

Ok I've got #8 somewhat added for next update. I've rechecked back into things, and sorting by the date the items are collected can't be done with things set up in their current form. I'd have to restructure how items are saved to the database to include a parameter of when the item was obtained. This would add a little bit of overhead to things and I'm not sure it's quite worth the hassle and extra bandwidth that it'd use and such. If players REALLY REALLY want it in the future, I would still consider it though.

But, I can easily sort by some other factors. So I've made it so in next update items in your inventory will be sorted by their price (without upgrades taken into account). Hopefully this will help. Meaning, the most expensive items will be displayed first, and cheapest items will be displayed last. If more sorting methods are highly requested in the future, I could consider implementing them as well. Such as sorting by item type or something.