Warrior Skill: Dash Attack (Because I'm Tired of Seeing Unnecessary Passives)

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
cinos
Re: Warrior Skill: Dash Attack (Because I'm Tired of Seeing Unnecessary Passives)

Post by cinos » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:55 pm

lemme bump this- yeah there we go.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Flashlight237

Re: Warrior Skill: Dash Attack (Because I'm Tired of Seeing Unnecessary Passives)

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:55 pm

Another one bumps the dust.

cinos

Post by cinos » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:07 am

Bump
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

cinos

Post by cinos » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:49 am

WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

noire

Post by noire » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:51 pm

Rob prob forgot about how crucial mobility is for melee class.

Bump.
- End

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:22 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1067 -kinda siilar skill to this(kinda)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=661&start=10 -good explanation of warrior range here.
Beside the fact warrior realy needs good and fast attack i would also consider:
1. Either remove speed loss on skills or lower it as much as possible.
2. Make mobs either attack or stand still-making them run away from you is the worst possible way to help this class stand any chance agains all others.
Skill sounds good so support.

cinos

Post by cinos » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:32 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:22 pm
2. Make mobs either attack or stand still-making them run away from you is the worst possible way to help this class stand any chance agains all others.
Honestly things like changing how mobs work would probably cause trouble in the long run, while a slide dash would undeniably just bring warriors closer to the meta that is actually using the mouse to aim...or in the case of mages, basically standing still while the cloud does the job for you. Seriously, this ability just sounds perfect on paper, it keeps the warrior's disadvantage of needing to get close and personal, but makes actually getting close and personal possible even without getting the most expensive gear (when warrior gear is already more expensive). It's a good balance patch, fits with the class's mentality, and overall just improves combat as a whole for both the warriors themselves and other classes who may challenge them in PVP.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:40 pm

cinos wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:32 pm
GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Honestly things like changing how mobs work would probably cause trouble in the long run, while a slide dash would undeniably just bring warriors closer to the meta that is actually using the mouse to aim...or in the case of mages, basically standing still while the cloud does the job for you. Seriously, this ability just sounds perfect on paper, it keeps the warrior's disadvantage of needing to get close and personal, but makes actually getting close and personal possible even without getting the most expensive gear (when warrior gear is already more expensive). It's a good balance patch, fits with the class's mentality, and overall just improves combat as a whole for both the warriors themselves and other classes who may challenge them in PVP.
Have you tried to catch a mob running away from you? I did and trying to farm them is just pointless, even if you get close enough, time needed to perform an attack allows them to run away again. You'd be lucky if you direct hit any 1/5 times-same with any skill.
As for PVP-warrior is the most useless class here unless you wanna stand there as a punching bag and keep healing.

cinos

Post by cinos » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:48 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:40 pm
cinos wrote:
GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Have you tried to catch a mob running away from you? I did and trying to farm them is just pointless, even if you get close enough, time needed to perform an attack allows them to run away again. You'd be lucky if you direct hit any 1/5 times-same with any skill.
As for PVP-warrior is the most useless class here unless you wanna stand there as a punching bag and keep healing.
Well YEAH, I agree, that is my main point for wanting this slide dash skill, warriors are butt at PVP. I don't even mean that they're the weakest, they're literally freebies, even the toughest ones are far less threatening than the average archer or mage since, as you know, everyone can just outrun them. The slide dash would probably solve this, heck it would even solve the mob problem since you'd be able to reach them that way. Think of this interesting combo, you turn on rage, slide dash, then blow poop up. Combine with runes as per usual, yadda yadda, you got a wildly improved class that way. PVP? Actual threat now, the guy with huge damage multipliers can now dash up to you, like WOW, actual danger! All of that solved by just being able to actually reach your opponent. If it works for the actual challenge of PVP I'm pretty sure it works for mobs.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:55 pm

cinos wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:48 pm
GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:40 pm
cinos wrote:

Well YEAH, I agree, that is my main point for wanting this slide dash skill, warriors are butt at PVP. I don't even mean that they're the weakest, they're literally freebies, even the toughest ones are far less threatening than the average archer or mage since, as you know, everyone can just outrun them. The slide dash would probably solve this, heck it would even solve the mob problem since you'd be able to reach them that way. Think of this interesting combo, you turn on rage, slide dash, then blow poop up. Combine with runes as per usual, yadda yadda, you got a wildly improved class that way. PVP? Actual threat now, the guy with huge damage multipliers can now dash up to you, like WOW, actual danger! All of that solved by just being able to actually reach your opponent. If it works for the actual challenge of PVP I'm pretty sure it works for mobs.
Well not really since warrior got nerfed and he is kinda similar to other classes as it goes for damage now, so even with rage he ain't gonna kill so easily. Also rage and power smash both use a lot of MP if maxed-f.e. power smash consumes 20MP per use while arrow hoard only 10 so still even this is kinda unfair.