Warrior Skill: Dash Attack (Because I'm Tired of Seeing Unnecessary Passives)

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Warrior Skill: Dash Attack (Because I'm Tired of Seeing Unnecessary Passives)

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat May 29, 2021 2:53 pm

Because I'm tired of seeing unnecessary passives pushing warriors to unnecessary damage multipliers and would rather see a more meaningful skill, I'm gonna suggest an actual attack skill. People complain about warriors having to run up although since ever since Teslas came out, practically anyone can camp in one spot regardless of class. Personally, I don't think all those unnecessary power multipliers like Rage, Lifeless Crush, etc really solve that issue. Instead, how about something that would actually make warriors more useful instead of the game-breaking hundreds of times the damage of every other class. What if warriors run up to mobs?

I know what you're thinking, and hear me out. If warriors can't have a ranged attack, why got give them a Dash Attack? It's like the sliding dash in Kingdom Hearts and wavedashing in Super Smash Bros. Basically you start off in one place. Using the mouse cursor like with Magic Breath, you would aim where you need to go. Hold M and click (or tap) the direction you need to go and not only would you dash off, but you would also hit anything that's in your way. Something like this:

A player running would go about 1.6-1.7x their normal speed, and warriors up to 2x with max Fitness (1.21x normal speed). While dodge roll accelerates a player up to a certain speed, this dash attack skill will instantly boost a warrior's movement speed to 2x-3x normal speed. Said speed will be maintained for a literal second before the warrior decelerates back to 0. For the skill itself, here's how it will go.:

Dash Attack:
Skill Levels: 5
MP Cost per Level: 2
Base Damage: 130%
Base Initial Movement Speed: 250% base speed
Damage Increase per Level: 25%
Initial Movement Speed Increase per Level: 25%

That should hopefully allow warriors to gain an edge on others. Yep.
Last edited by Flashlight237 on Sat May 29, 2021 3:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Core

Re: Warrior Skill: Dash Attack (Because I'm Tired of Seeing Unnecessary Passives)

Post by Core » Sat May 29, 2021 2:57 pm

pog
Hello, whoever is reading this, I wish you a wonderful day!

masnam

Re: Warrior Skill: Dash Attack (Because I'm Tired of Seeing Unnecessary Passives)

Post by masnam » Sat May 29, 2021 4:57 pm

This is where hotkeys would come in handy since M doesn't seem like a practical button for me personally.

mikel

Post by mikel » Sat May 29, 2021 5:07 pm

Bump
frint fried...
moginns combat,, 11 (ELEVEN!!?)..

(epic orchestral sounds)

agsd swonger...

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sun May 30, 2021 3:30 am

masnam wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 4:57 pm
This is where hotkeys would come in handy since M doesn't seem like a practical button for me personally.
I mean B and N are used everywhere now and M is right next to N, so I don't see how it would be impractical.

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Sun May 30, 2021 12:26 pm

This was already in HH, not sure why it took so long for it to have fruition *here*
(Yes I could have brought it up .... buttttt ... not too good at drawing the execution or the specifics
Support.
KONO DIA DA!

masnam

Post by masnam » Sun May 30, 2021 1:45 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 3:30 am
masnam wrote:
I mean B and N are used everywhere now and M is right next to N, so I don't see how it would be impractical.
My baby hand cannot reach all the way over to m comfortably while also aiming with my other hand.

cinos

Post by cinos » Sun May 30, 2021 9:39 pm

Mega support, and I already switched class because of how poop warrior is in PVP, so yeah I think you can see where I'm coming from.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon May 31, 2021 4:24 am

masnam wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 1:45 pm
Flashlight237 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 3:30 am
masnam wrote:
My baby hand cannot reach all the way over to m comfortably while also aiming with my other hand.
Come to think of it, the aiming is somewhat unconventional. I wasn't sure if how I had it would be the way it would have to work, or if I could work it more like an "use the cursor to aim, then press the M key" deal, especially since phones don't have cursors.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon May 31, 2021 4:31 am

cinos wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 9:39 pm
Mega support, and I already switched class because of how poop warrior is in PVP, so yeah I think you can see where I'm coming from.
Yeah, after thinking about it, all those multipliers warriors get, even if it is 145x damage max (without Blind Hit, but with Lifeless and Near-Death Crush), is just pretty dumb. Either you break/exploit the game with all the Rage branches and make me question how warriors are balanced, or get sniped by a player with another class that can use AOE or ranged attacks. I'm really hoping the Dash Attack will not only put things in the warrior's favor, but also kickstart efforts to rebalance the warrior class so their multipliers don't break the game.