Poison resistance

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Kervel
Poison resistance

Post by Kervel » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:07 am

I'd suggest an armor enhancement that would negate poison and render it ineffective to you. Similar to hardenning stone, it would also be applied to the armors and so. I've came up with this since I haven't seen any armor that would tank or reduce the poison damage dealt by someone or something toawrds you.

Feel free to expose your thoughts tho idc really XD

Flashlight237

Re: Poison resistance

Post by Flashlight237 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:45 pm

I, for one, am a supporter of Poison Resistance on BOTH sides, and quite frankly, I think adding poison resistance would be a win for both players and monsters if it's given to both sides. We already got the Poison Rune and, quite frankly, giving the Poison Rune an extra use by enchanting armor with it would make the rune more useful. I think 10% of an armor's base defense per level worth of poison resistance would be good.

On the flipside, this would allow poison monsters to actually get progressively stronger as opposed to being locked to 5 poison damage at all times. I would imagine the Scorpee's poison damage being buffed up to at least 25 (though I'm predicting 32) as a result of the addition of player poison resistance at least. Thinking on it more, armor could have base poison resistance so high-HP nuggets like myself won't die immediately without enchanting armor with poison resistance.

As for poison resistance, in order to balance poison resistance from monsters out, I would suggest buffing poison damage for weapons back up to 5. In terms of how much poison damage monsters SHOULD resist, here's what I got.:

Spiked Squisher: 1
Ground Spitter: 2
Armed Dillo: 2
Dumtilian: 9999 aka Immune (they eat radioactive goop; how would they NOT resist poison?)
Ooze: 9999 aka Immune (they're literally pools of toxic waste; you seriously think you can poison them?)
Ooze Horror: 9999 aka Immune (Same as Ooze)
Rafflesia: 2
Stalagmite: 9999 aka Immune (You have to be pretty stupid to think anyone could poison a rock)
Lumbercore: 8 (I would imagine Lumbercore's bulk allowing him to resist poison)
Scorpee: 10 (I mean you would think a venomous creature would resist poisoning)
Great Frog: 3
Night Stalker: 5 (How are those things not dead from eating trash?)
Auroch Beetle: 5 (Same as Lumbercore but to a lesser extent)
Moonchyllus: 9999 aka Immune (Robby, if you seriously think a goddess can be poisoned, you have some serious issues to work out)
Cassowary (TBD): 5 (That thing was meant to be the test monster for Poison Resistance anyhow)

But yeah, there's my two cents.

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:57 pm

Support! But I still want to poison a rock :lol:

Apples

Post by Apples » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:01 pm

Also support. But this would also be the same case for the other elemental runes, yes? Really wanna burn down Logons if they get fire weakness uwu
An Apple a day keeps the Doctor away.

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:16 pm

Logon fire weakness would be awesome :O

Zekai

Post by Zekai » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:26 pm

I wanna poison a rock, literal goop eaters, toxic water themselves, and a goddess (and make her my slave threatening to kill her :twisted:)