New Servers Needed ASAP

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
CrazyVanilla
Re: New Servers Needed ASAP

Post by CrazyVanilla » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:45 pm

Robby wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:39 pm
Ok thanks, that's some of the information I needed.

1. I optimized some of the code running on the server today when I restarted it. It seems to not be straining the server as hard, so hopefully you shouldn't have the delay when enemy hits occur, etc. I'll have to monitor it some more when the player numbers go back up to around 120+ though, because right now they are around 70 or so. I'll see tomorrow how those changes are holding up.

2. Ok thanks for the info. Are you experiencing the low FPS lag on a phone or computer? Also, does this lag still happen on "low" or "very low" quality setting? @CrazyVanilla specifically: I'm seeing your last device used was a computer on the desktop version. Is this the device you are experiencing the lag on?
Personally I haven't experienced that much fps lag, though I did experience a little bit earlier in the caves. I play on "very low" and yes on desktop version. I know there were a few people in the discord this morning who experienced a lot of FPS lag, one of them being SwaggyBob so perhaps he can comment more on that. I believe he plays on a chromebook.

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:56 pm

mikel

Post by mikel » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:23 am

Robby wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:07 pm
Thanks for the feedback. Just to be sure here, which type of lag are you referring to?

1. Server communication lag: There is a delay when you hit enemies and the hits register, etc.
2. Low FPS lag: The entire game is running very slow and is to much for your device to handle.
The first one, my game runs completely smooth (like prolly 60+fps) at high graphic settings, but it randomly crashes for no reason. This happens almost everytime, and is kinda getting annoying.
frint fried...
moginns combat,, 11 (ELEVEN!!?)..

(epic orchestral sounds)

agsd swonger...

cinos

Post by cinos » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:56 am

Sorry man I don't think I want this one to be a barren wasteland too, Elia's got way more social interaction than modern HH, even if that's not saying much I'm pretty sure that a lot of the realtime mechanics and lack of servers on the low player count is an important factor, makes it feel a little more alive, ya know? The ultimate solution is adding more high xp enemies like frik's sake beetles can't be the ONLY ones, ya gotta add more!
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:17 pm

Ok, the changes I made yesterday to some server code look to running well and the server is a good deal less bogged down. So that should address the server communication lag issue. I imagine the server in it's current state should be able to handle around 300 players on at once before it will start to struggle.

As for the FPS lag, that is something I definitely want to take care of the best I can. @Swagybob, is there anything in particular that you are noticing makes your game run like that? Such as lots of players in an area, specific visual effects, specific areas, etc? Also, does the lag become worse the longer you play, or does play time not really correlate to more lag?

Zekai

Post by Zekai » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:27 pm

cyro557 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:30 pm
*TGFD* wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:29 pm
we dont need servers yet we hit 144 player but need just big map with more areas
No. The amount of lag is really bad lol, Robby would be loosing players
so much lag

Zekai

Post by Zekai » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:31 pm

Robby wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:17 pm
Ok, the changes I made yesterday to some server code look to running well and the server is a good deal less bogged down. So that should address the server communication lag issue. I imagine the server in it's current state should be able to handle around 300 players on at once before it will start to struggle.

As for the FPS lag, that is something I definitely want to take care of the best I can. @Swagybob, is there anything in particular that you are noticing makes your game run like that? Such as lots of players in an area, specific visual effects, specific areas, etc? Also, does the lag become worse the longer you play, or does play time not really correlate to more lag?
I think I could possibly answer for him as we have the same computers, kinda. The main I've noticed is my chromebook's CPU overheating like crazy, but that may just be cause my chromebook sucks a*s. What makes me lag most is visual effects like rage, the force field especially, and then rune effects. Players themselves don't seem to lag. And then there's the caves, oh my gosh, the laggy caves themselves + skill effects are horrible. I'm not sure how much the base caves lag though. Never been able to test, always players.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:21 pm

@Zekai Ok thanks for the information. Have you checked task managed and seen high CPU usage, or are you just stating that your overall computer is hot? Also, are you playing on "low" or "very low" quality? The lights in the cave will likely cause lag if on a slower device and above "low" quality setting.

Mav

Post by Mav » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:07 am

Robby wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:21 pm
@Zekai Ok thanks for the information. Have you checked task managed and seen high CPU usage, or are you just stating that your overall computer is hot? Also, are you playing on "low" or "very low" quality? The lights in the cave will likely cause lag if on a slower device and above "low" quality setting.
Hi Rob good day, the causes of lag in the cave was too many player in that area for example it would reach 18-20players in the same area, then the stalagmites started to have bugs the "unkillable" stags and the laggy things would started and y'all started to be disconnected from the game, I would say its not problem with our internet connection because I still able to play but some still get disconnected. Server 2 would be a nice option and adding a new areas

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:11 pm

@mav Ok thanks for the information. I definitely first-most need to fix the enemies not going away bug. We'll see if some fixes in next update cause it to go away.