B E N C H E S

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
cinos
B E N C H E S

Post by cinos » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:38 am

Okay, I know robby added benches for a reason, but this mechanic is just dumb. First off, it would be fine if they were only required in the wild, but why do you have to sit down and heal at a town? Couldn't I just speak to an npc and heal for convenience's sake? Second, I know that we're trynna encourage player interaction with Eliatopia, kinda to avoid being another wasteland where the only words you hear are "see pet", but the only player interaction for benches is waiting for a guy who is afk to get back on his computer so you can heal (we're all guilty of this), or telling some assface to stop intentionally hoarding the bench near the boss alongside his spotting buddies. I don't get why you gotta sit at a bench to restore MP, HP I can get behind, but having to sit down for a minute because I needed to run somewhere is just tedious! I don't wanna be THAT guy, but HH got it down pretty good, MP was restored overtime via specific skills, so I don't see the reason to omit that in a game that honestly requires running much more.
I would like to know the reasons for the benches being like this, but honestly I'd recommend for benches to heal both HP and MP as they do now and have an ability that restored MP overtime, preferably without an ear piercing sound effect. I dunno the complexities of game design for an MMO, but I bet that would still work...that or sitting anywhere, ya know, like Adventure Quest Worlds or uhh, something. Thanks for listening to my TED talk, all hail Xantis.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Savage0

Re: B E N C H E S

Post by Savage0 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:01 am

These are fair points ....... but they pale in comparison to the thrill of spamming "," on your keyboard/laptop lmao.
But seriously, pretty sure this would allow mages or archers to autogrind with their certain "skillset" which requires MP (if you were playing back when archers spammed homing arrows all day long, think its resolved a little now, but still an issue imo) .... of course, they already do this with a script which initiates actions, but "jus sayin".
KONO DIA DA!

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:47 pm

i disagree with this, the npc healing system is dumb

Xeroc

Post by Xeroc » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:21 am

Swagybob wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:47 pm
I get a cookie? nice!
There's a chance I'm wrong with what I'm saying so... yeah.

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:51 pm

Xeroc wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:21 am
Swagybob wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:47 pm
I get a cookie? nice!
:lol:

G-Toast

Post by G-Toast » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:34 pm

ayyy yo y not lemme read words and get healed magically even tho the npc isnt a wizard stupid idea ayyyy
hi there and bye there 0.0

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:32 am

Just eat fruit bro, i havent sat on a bench since like my first week playing

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:56 pm

While I'm not entirely sure if it's what you're looking for, I will increase the effectiveness of benches so you don't have to wait as long. In next update, you will heal every 5 seconds when sitting instead of every 10. The reason I wanted benches in the game was to have more ways players can interact and benefit from the environment. I wanted some of the things that are in the environment to feel like they do something rather than everything just be visual.

troopas

Post by troopas » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:58 pm

ALSO! Because inventories are stackable now it makes it much easier to use healable's than in HH

cinos

Post by cinos » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:52 am

troopas wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:58 pm
ALSO! Because inventories are stackable now it makes it much easier to use healable's than in HH
Yeah I think this was written from before I realized bulk buying food was way easier here than in HH cause you can stack stuff. Might have just been growing pains I guess, less money = less food afterall.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111