Pets!

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
CrazyVanilla
Pets!

Post by CrazyVanilla » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:56 pm

I know pets have been suggested many times before, but here is my idea for pets.

Personally I think pets in HH were really cool, just became broken with them having stats themselves. So somewhat similar to HH, pets can be purchased with ingame money, though not a crazy amount to make it not p2w (probably ranging from 100k-300k each depending on the pet and its perks). These pets will be identical to pets in HH in the sense they will follow you around, you will be able to level them up, and they will give you perks. Pets and pet gear can be trade-able as well.

These pets will NOT have stats, but they can be leveled up. The levels will be for four reasons:

-Bragging rights, because it's cool to have a high leveled pet and be at the top of the pet leaderboard.

-Evolutions: Evolutions would either purely cosmetic or perhaps some pets will receive a different perk when evolved (A pet can evolve into a rideable pet or something).

-Pet gear: Pet gear is purely cosmetic and can be released periodically and have exclusive & limited gear for different holidays, events, etc. (each piece requires a specific level just cuz why not, add another layer to it to make it more fun/rewarding). Normal pet gear can be available through ingame shops but exclusive gear can be obtained via enemy drops through an event, payvault, completing quests/missions (if added), etc. Again, its purely cosmetic so its not p2w

-The fourth reason is essentially used as a defense stat, each enemy can have a specific pet level, and if your pet is that level then it will not die when hit by them, and if it is a lower level, it will die. Example: Say Grunts have a pet level of 20, if your pet is level 20 or above, then it will take no damage and be unaffected if hit by a Grunt, if it is level 19 or below and hit by a Grunt, it will die and no longer give its perks until revived by either healing items, or a specific item/spot to revive pets. This is just to give everyone something else to do and look forward to, as it gets extremely boring just grinding for player levels only all the time. This also would give each enemy more of a purpose, as you wont be able to just go to the top enemy and grind your pet (unless you want to risk it dying), and they can each have a different pet level and you work yourself up the chain while grinding your pet. Pets lose a portion of their exp when they die? To add a reason to prevent them from dying?

Pet Perks: Pets should not have game breaking perks obviously, but something fairly passive to add another element to the game would be nice. Pet perks would NOT increase by its level, level is only used for the reasons mentioned above.Here are some perks I think would be neat: (not saying to add them all but just some ideas I thought of).

-Increased item drop rate (very small amount, something that is helpful but not broken obviously)
-Ride perk, gives a small speed buff while riding a pet to make travel faster
-Guard perk, a small chance for your pet to take a fatal hit for you. (pet dies instead of you)
-Chance to duplicate a rune/stone upon applying it (very small chance you will apply the rune/stone to your item while also keeping the rune/stone)
-Reduced cost to apply runes/stones to items
-Increased xp (Very small chance to receive 2x xp from a kill)
-Mp Reduction, slightly reduces mp usage (not really needed anymore because of the passive regen, but its here anyway)

Default pet capacity can be 2 slots, upgradeable to 5 through payvault (25 emeralds for +1 pet capacity, purchasable 3 times). Each pet can either have only 1 perk or multiple, but either way only 1 perk can be active at a time. The pet needs to be active in order for any perks to work, and only 1 pet can be active at a time (so the perks can't stack cuz that would likely be op).

I will add any good suggestions posted below to this post in order to organize all the good ideas. Let me know what you think.
Last edited by CrazyVanilla on Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

coolboynum1

Re: Pets!

Post by coolboynum1 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:13 pm

I suggest there should be a scorpion pet.it could do poison and physical damage.
I shall make you subscribe to Troopas and Cinos O R

~

Post by ~ » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:29 pm

dont think pets are important at the moment we still need more map updates and bug fixes before we can get pets
Face Your Fears Before They Consume You

troopas

Post by troopas » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:32 pm

I think this is an actually could suggestion for pets as to not make them game shattering whilst also giving players a reason to buy them.

Although I don't think the game is ready when Robby decides that he want's to add pets he could refer to this post to not make them game breakingly overpowered

Xeroc

Post by Xeroc » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:32 pm

I love it, not freaking op like in HH, hope it's a thing!
There's a chance I'm wrong with what I'm saying so... yeah.

Mikel1011

Post by Mikel1011 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:56 pm

I suggested something similar months ago, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1781&p=9464#p9464

masnam

Post by masnam » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:33 am

This is a really cool idea, but of course like everyone else has said the game isn't ready just yet.

coolboynum1

Post by coolboynum1 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:31 pm

why is there two pet forms?????
I shall make you subscribe to Troopas and Cinos O R

GonDup

Post by GonDup » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:23 pm

Faster travel yes pls

MAGA

Post by MAGA » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:11 am