Dumtilians

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Savage0
Dumtilians

Post by Savage0 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:31 am

Dumtilians .... what are their point? does anyone farm them? they have a 2 XP/Gold difference from Armed Dillos, drops are crap however (atleast in my opinion) and they look annoying, but lets ignore that fact.
Suggestion is simple: Give more appeal to farming dumtilians ....
How would this be done? Well, I can only give the following (which are pretty generic tips, not sure what else could be done ...)
A: Update their drops, throw in a uncommon item or 2 into their drop pool that have decent value (600-1500 junk items), wiki shows that all of it's drops are RARE or above, like wtf.
B: Remove the poison damage ..... probably not the reason people don't farm them, but it gives warriors safety .... cause they're crap (this does mean an upgrade in their attack power, which is not an issue.)
C: Remove the platforms and chains on area 26 .... just make it a polluted water arena (not where you just float the entire time) with 2 random ladders being placed on the east and west of the sewer (these ladders are currently on the elevated platform where the chains are, think they should be removed basically)

If you're that loner that farms Dumitilians, please step up, give your suggestions as well (not implying that I do, lmao) or feel free to give your refutes.
TL;DR - Attempting to give more incentive on farming this almost mid-end enemy, instead of having people infest the swamp areas (which may or may not happen at some point.)
KONO DIA DA!

Flashlight237

Re: Dumtilians

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:31 am

Actually, the 2 XP difference between Armed Dillos and Dumtilians is huge. Dumtilians have 110 HP and 9 defense while Armed Dillos have 65 HP and 19 defense. Doing the math, Armed Dillos are 2.6336x as tanky as DUmtilians. Combining this with their respective EXP values, Dumtilians provide EXP 2.926x faster than Armed Dillos on average. This bearing in mind Dumtilians spawn faster (15 seconds as opposed to seemingly 30 seconds).

I will say their drops stink. Like, I can get cherries and blueberries from Swamp Crabs, the closest-matching monster defense-wise, fairly easily, but here? Even with an Eggplant Hat(!), I had to kill over 400 Dumtilians just to get a Pie Tin of all things. A PIE TIN! Why would you need to kill 400 monsters for a thing that's worth $19 when I can get stuff that's worth more from crabs easily?

Of course balancing out drops and drop rates is going to be tricky business, so I asked Robby for the drop rates of Crabs and Dumtilians so I can help address the issue. They're both the closest monsters to one another stat-wise, so it would be best for me to use the crab as a reference point for the Dumtilian and work things out from there.

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:32 am

Flashlight237 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:31 am
Actually, the 2 XP difference between Armed Dillos and Dumtilians is huge. Dumtilians have 110 HP and 9 defense while Armed Dillos have 65 HP and 19 defense. Doing the math, Armed Dillos are 2.6336x as tanky as DUmtilians. Combining this with their respective EXP values, Dumtilians provide EXP 2.926x faster than Armed Dillos on average. This bearing in mind Dumtilians spawn faster (15 seconds as opposed to seemingly 30 seconds).

I will say their drops stink. Like, I can get cherries and blueberries from Swamp Crabs, the closest-matching monster defense-wise, fairly easily, but here? Even with an Eggplant Hat(!), I had to kill over 400 Dumtilians just to get a Pie Tin of all things. A PIE TIN! Why would you need to kill 400 monsters for a thing that's worth $19 when I can get stuff that's worth more from crabs easily?

Of course balancing out drops and drop rates is going to be tricky business, so I asked Robby for the drop rates of Crabs and Dumtilians so I can help address the issue. They're both the closest monsters to one another stat-wise, so it would be best for me to use the crab as a reference point for the Dumtilian and work things out from there.
Awesome! Glad these points can be brought up, and wow .... 400 kills for a Pie Tin (did you actually go online to do that, or you ran simulations? lol), wondering if that map adjustment can also be conceived (shallow sewer water arena without the elevated platforms, keep the ladders on the east/west).
KONO DIA DA!

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:41 am

Savage0 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:32 am
Flashlight237 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:31 am

Awesome! Glad these points can be brought up, and wow .... 400 kills for a Pie Tin (did you actually go online to do that, or you ran simulations? lol), wondering if that map adjustment can also be conceived (shallow sewer water arena without the elevated platforms, keep the ladders on the east/west).
At the time I got the pie tin after ages, I was actually online in the sewers. There isn't any good way to simulate grinding anything yet as far as I'm aware (too many unknowns to even try).

Concerning the map adjustments, the adjustments suggested would make things more convenient, but the way its currently laid out is more realistic aside from the chains (which were only there to keep the Dumtilians from jumping into the water; where's my aquatic combat, dangit?)

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:36 pm

Bump

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:37 pm

I'll go ahead and increase the drop rate of that pie tin a little for the next update. =P

Jakub34

Post by Jakub34 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:51 pm

Robby wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:37 pm
I'll go ahead and increase the drop rate of that pie tin a little for the next update. =P
robby pls that drop is worth like 26 coins. At least buff the eggplant helmet or whatever it is. Think it's a lot rarer than the glock or whatever that drops from armadillos.

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:58 pm

E G G P L A N T H E L M E T :D

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:49 pm

Jakub34 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:51 pm
Robby wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:37 pm
robby pls that drop is worth like 26 coins. At least buff the eggplant helmet or whatever it is. Think it's a lot rarer than the glock or whatever that drops from armadillos.
Pretty sure that was sarcasm on his part, lol buffing the drop rate of pie tins :lol: .
KONO DIA DA!

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:57 pm

Bump
(Also, wondering if it was secretly buffed instead, during the previous 2 updates .... drop value + rates I mean ...)
KONO DIA DA!