New Warrior Skill: Shurikens

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237

New Warrior Skill: Shurikens

Post by Flashlight237 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:43 am

Okay, so mages got a ranged skill. Okay, nice. They got one of everything. But what about warriors? They could use something to catch up with the others, especially now that mages, which were similar to warriors, got magic breath. Because of that, I figured, why not give warriors a leg up too? In that event, I am asking once again for warriors to have shurikens.:

Yeah, I made three frames of animation for it. As for the skill itself, here's what I got.:

Shurikens
Skill Levels: 3
Base Skill Damage: 25%
Base Skill Range: 8 feet
Base Skill Cost: 1 MP
Range Increase per Skill Level: 2 feet
Damage Increase per Skill Level: 12.5% additive
Requires: 1 Shuriken

Multi-Shuriken (branch, passive)
Skill Levels: 4
Base Skill Cost: 0
Spreads Out: Yes; horizontally a la Dual-Wielded Magic Breath
Ammunition Cost: +1 Shurikens per level
Notes: WIP concept (it's a fresh idea from a tired man, people)

As for the Shurikens themselves, they would cost $2 at every store that sells them. Yep. So yeah, there's that.

Also, stupid thing, but this would be a cool thing to have with the Swamp Crab:
Last edited by Flashlight237 on Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anchorarius

Re: New Warrior Skill: Shurikens

Post by Anchorarius » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:59 am

I'm not too sure about this, because warriors were primarily designed for short-range combat with their strong armor. I think warriors are just really lacking a damage boost, with their sets being quite overpriced. If anything, a skill that could increase raw DPS output. Mages got their ranged skill because they needed it: thunder cloud was useless in most situations and they aren't suited for short-hand combat 24/7 due to sets having very low defense. Warriors need a strong buff, yes, but ranged attacks? I dunno.

Of course, this would help some warriors, but would it help all of them? What's the point of ranged attacks if they lack damage (a problem nearly all warriors currenty face)? I'm worried that this would be the equivalent to arrows and bullets. What's different is that it costs MP but really, you have blueberries that could keep you going for days.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:21 am

Anchorarius wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:59 am
I'm not too sure about this, because warriors were primarily designed for short-range combat with their strong armor. I think warriors are just really lacking a damage boost, with their sets being quite overpriced. If anything, a skill that could increase raw DPS output. Mages got their ranged skill because they needed it: thunder cloud was useless in most situations and they aren't suited for short-hand combat 24/7 due to sets having very low defense. Warriors need a strong buff, yes, but ranged attacks? I dunno.

Of course, this would help some warriors, but would it help all of them? What's the point of ranged attacks if they lack damage (a problem nearly all warriors currenty face)? I'm worried that this would be the equivalent to arrows and bullets. What's different is that it costs MP but really, you have blueberries that could keep you going for days.
I mean there are plenty of gear for the warrior that is more ninja-ish or otherwise assassin-based. When you really think about it, "warrior" is really a very broad term, and yes, while what we got is more of a Crusader class than an Assassin class, I personally wanna encourage Assassin and Ninja builds as well (ex. what you got going on right now with the Priest set, which is one of several csets that I call "Assassin sets" because of its stat build), hence my decision to come up with the idea of shurikens. That and, quite frankly, warrior builds are too unfavorable in PVP compared to basically every class now.

As for the other thing, eh, grenades follow the same idea of MP-based ammunition as what I provided. I mean I would've had shurikens at $1 a pop, but I was afraid they'd be a little too overpowered as a result.

I will say, my initial concept of shurikens actually made them stronger: 40% base, 60 or 70% max. I had to lower it to 25% base, 50% max to try and balance people's wants and my wants out.

Beyond that, about the best I can do is a passive branch skill that increases the amount of shurikens thrown at a time to somewhat allow it to catch up DPS-wise to Magic Breath (the skill would only increase ammunition cost; MP cost stays the same), though I would predict that it would end up being a spreading skill much like dual-wield Magic Breath already is. It's rough around the edges, though.
Last edited by Flashlight237 on Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

hatcher

Post by hatcher » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:41 am

Also, stupid thing, but this would be a cool thing to have with the Swamp Crab:
[/quote]

I want to ride Crab

Lmao :lol:

G-Toast

Post by G-Toast » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:13 pm

it looks like one of his foot is inside the crab head controlling it
hi there and bye there 0.0

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:27 am

Where shurikens?

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:27 pm

Hmm, while this is a cool idea, I think I want to keep the warrior VERY close range, especially with the likely addition of the whipmaster. That way there is a very clear contrast between warriors and other classes. I feel having shurikens may make them bleed into the category of the other classes a bit.

The main focus of the warrior being, very close range, high damage, high defense.

However, perhaps as long as it remain fairly low to medium-low range, maybe this could work well for the whipmaster in the future.

Also, the crab riding is cool! However I'm not sure I'll have time to make them rideable this week, but perhaps a bump in a week or so may be a good idea. ;)

coolboynum1

Post by coolboynum1 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:29 pm

ok,shurikens i think will kind of go in the game.only by a small chance that it will not go in the game.
Last edited by coolboynum1 on Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I shall make you subscribe to Troopas and Cinos O R

coolboynum1

Post by coolboynum1 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:29 pm

the bubble attack seems creative.
[/quote]
I shall make you subscribe to Troopas and Cinos O R

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:31 pm

:O i wanna ride a crab teehee