Re work Fire or poison rune.

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
DeathGun

Re work Fire or poison rune.

Post by DeathGun » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:14 pm

Shouldn't the fire increase damage of the attack coz. It might melt the armor of the monsters/player. Because fire runes rn is useless(no offense) but very expensive and rare.
Meanwhile poison shouldn't deal damage every attack coz it's OP.
How about making poison rune deal damage every second after first basic attack(poison kills its target slowly).
E

Satan

Re: Re work Fire or poison rune.

Post by Satan » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:28 pm

Yeah i kinda support this. Because poison damage is damage per hit, the gunman class benefits a lot more from poison runes than any other class.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:08 pm

I do think some monsters would benefit from status resistances. The Stalagmite's already nearly-immune to fire damage. Dumtilians, Ooze, Ooze Horror, and Scorpees would definitely benefit from resistance or immunity to poison. Likewise, Hellshags and Batlings would benefit from resistance against fire damage.

Beyond that, I will say the damage-per-hit thing with poison doesn't line up with how poison damage should work, so I support the suggested changes to that. A damage-per-second deal akin to smoke bombs and Dumtilian breath would be more balanced, although some modifications will be needed to balance that out. Maybe 20% weapon power per second would work, but stacking-prevention similar to what we already got with burning enemies would need to be implemented as well. By 20% weapon power per second, I mean this:

P1 Rusty Dagger: 1.6 poison damage/second
P2 Rusty Dagger: 3.2 poison damage/second
P2 S2 Kriss Vector: 12 poison damage/second
P1 Pellet Spitter: 7.4 poison damage/second
P2 Pellet Spitter: 14.8 poison damage/second
P2 S2 Pellet Spitter: 17.6 poison damage/second
P1 S2 Caliburn: 13.8 poison damage/second
P2 S2 Caliburn: 27.6 poison damage/second

This will require a "poison time" stat much like the "burn time" stat found in the JSON file for monsters. Most monsters would have a 2-second poison time, but for monsters that wouldn't, it'd be something like this.:

Petunia: 3
Dumtilian: 0 (immune)
Ooze: 0 (Immune)
Ooze Horror: 0 (immune)
Rafflesia: 1
Grunt: 1
Stalagmite: 0 (immune)
Scorpee: 1
Moonchyllus (planned): 0 (immune)

Huge nerf for gunmen, but it's enough to where other classes would catch up.

Zuji

Post by Zuji » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:30 pm

Ye, as long as you got a pellet spitter p3 your can kill anything in the game even if u got 1 art.
From, Zuji
Eliatopia: Zuji
Discord: Zuji#7832
Gmail: Private
PM me on discord or on Eliatopia for any questions!

K

Post by K » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:06 am

support
Image Tysm Crit

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:57 pm

support on poison rune, it's op for cowboys with fast shooting guns, cuz it boosts their dps by a mile

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:34 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I wanted poison damage to be per-hit so that it makes it a bit different from fire damage. I'll reduce the damage that poison upgrades do per-stage from 5 to 4 in Friday's update. It may not be the biggest change, but hopefully it'll help nerf the issue with the pellet spitter a little bit at least.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:33 pm

Robby wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:34 pm
Thanks for the suggestion. I wanted poison damage to be per-hit so that it makes it a bit different from fire damage. I'll reduce the damage that poison upgrades do per-stage from 5 to 4 in Friday's update. It may not be the biggest change, but hopefully it'll help nerf the issue with the pellet spitter a little bit at least.
If you are intending to keep poison damage as a per-hit thing, I would recommend having high-RPM guns overheat after a little while, but at the same time, I have my doubts that the community would appreciate that. I dunno; I've only seen guns overheating being used in a handful of FPS games.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:36 am

Robby wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:34 pm
Also, how about 10% of a weapon's damage (Ex. 5.8 for a Caliburn) per level instead? That sounds more balanced.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:50 pm

That wouldn't be a bad idea, but there are some more elements coming and I want to make sure to keep each element unique. Currently fire (and coming soon electric) will be % based, so I wanted to keep poison different by doing a fixed amount of damage.