Defense formula a bit much

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Zuji
Defense formula a bit much

Post by Zuji » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:08 am

So, the formula for armor needed to tank a mob is (EnemyPower^2)*5=armor needed (armor= (defensestat*defense-from-items).
For example, if you have the newest cowboy set, h1 all pieces(besides boots) plus the back metal plate(44ish defense if h1) then you would have 199 defense from equips. Now lets look at the newest mob, the scorpee has 59 power not counting the poison damage.
Using the formula, that would be (59^2)*5=armor needed. This would equal 17405 armor needed to tank it. Going back to the defense from items we could do 17405/199=87.46
This would mean you would need 87ish defense to tank them with a full h1 set. If the average player is level 40, they would have to use a bit over 70% of their ability points to be able to tank, leaving little room for other things such as expertise, main stat(range, art, etc.) and mp/hp. I feel as even with capes it is very hard to be able to tank anything. I know Jakub or whoever says it is like an rpg to take damage but I still believe it is a bit high in my opinion. Also, expertise heavily outweighs main stats so that needs to be balanced but that is for another time.
From, Zuji
Eliatopia: Zuji
Discord: Zuji#7832
Gmail: Private
PM me on discord or on Eliatopia for any questions!

Flashlight237

Re: Defense formula a bit much

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:43 am

Kinda working on a compromise for the Expertise thing. I'm still vying for a 20-expertise limit, but I had to come up with three ways to apply that. These are as follows:

1. Have a setup prepared to give everyone over 20 expertise points their stat points back. This would amount to something like this:

If Expertise>20, give X Expertise-20 stat points

Or something like that.

2. Allow Stat Reset to be free for a period of time. Preferably a week or two to allow players to figure out what happened.

3. Reset player stats yourself. This one's probably the riskiest, I think, as Level might count as a stat.

As for the damage thing, I would think physical classes (Warrior and Mage) hit-stunning monsters (the thing that cancels monster attacks and protects players from damage) would be a smarter idea than this whole "fix the damage formula" nonsense going on. After all, the lack of a hit stun is why players get damaged in the first place.