Problem of "Expertise"

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
hecquyn
Problem of "Expertise"

Post by hecquyn » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:02 pm

I think the impact of "Expertise" is a big issue that game publishers should pay attention to. "Expertise" makes the division between "Warrior, Gunman, Mage & Archer" meaningless. In fact, nowadays in the game we don't need to increase points for strength, magic, artillery and archery, we still get very strong by focusing on increasing most points on "expertise". I have seen a player of level 30 in one hit all monsters, more specifically he can kill "lumbercore" very quickly (in less than 10 seconds) by the way mentioned above.That is a really big problem. This makes us who play games gradually become discouraged. Partly because when you defeat all monsters easily with only 30 levels or less, that means the game is really too simple. Levels are no longer meaningful because even lower levels can be on par with higher and even much higher levels. On the other hand, the current advantage of "Expertise" loses the uniqueness of the classes. In particular, the classes like gunman and archer have an advantage with priority in skill, range. Now outperformed and outstripped the other 2 classes (Warrior and Mage).Hope that anyone who agrees with my opinion, please do not ignore it but strongly support the game publisher to see and correct in a proper and timely manner.
hecquyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aletheia

Re: Problem of "Expertise"

Post by Aletheia » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:25 pm

What did i tell you all? Gunman MAGA with 10 art points can kill Logons and Boss at lvl 30. Just because he have high expertise.
Just like Jakub said: Go and put all points in expertise as fast as you can and you will be fine in game even on low lvl.
High lvl means nothing since the game still have only few monsters with similar xp/damage.
Aletheia

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:31 pm

There is a simple way that can be done with it-everytime you lvl up one point automatically goes to expertise, with the other 2, you can use them on any stat eccept it(expertise). In that way you have to be high lvl to increase crit chance to max. So for example lvl 30 will have only 30% crit chance while lvl 70-70%, forcing low lvls to put points on other stats. After reaching lvl 100(100% crit)you can freely spend 3 points on any stat.

hecquyn

Post by hecquyn » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:43 pm

Your suggestions have only solved one side. I have mentioned 3 sides. The main problem was that it was impossible to shorten the distance created between "Archer, Gunman" and "Warrior, Mage". I have looked at some of the solutions. But they are actually too temporary.

hecquyn

Post by hecquyn » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:55 pm

An initial fix that I feel very effective in "Warrior" (sorry I haven't tried "MAge" yet so I won't come up with a solution for this class) is to remove "speed deacrease" in the skill "Stone man ". It doesn't make any sense if you have armor and move slowly, it makes sense to put it in dispute. When the "Warrior" moved closer to the monster, "Gunman & Archer" probably killed the map.

Jakub34

Post by Jakub34 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:44 pm

hecquyn wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:02 pm
I think the impact of "Expertise" is a big issue that game publishers should pay attention to. "Expertise" makes the division between "Warrior, Gunman, Mage & Archer" meaningless.
What do you mean by "The division" between the four classes is meaningless?
hecquyn wrote:
In fact, nowadays in the game we don't need to increase points for strength, magic, artillery and archery, we still get very strong by focusing on increasing most points on "expertise".
Sadly, when Robby wrote the new formula, he made the player damage scale lineally, whereas the enemy defense grows exponentially, while also dividing. (It subtracted before)
hecquyn wrote:
I have seen a player of level 30 in one hit all monsters, more specifically he can kill "lumbercore" very quickly (in less than 10 seconds) by the way mentioned above. That is a really big problem. This makes us who play games gradually become discouraged. Partly because when you defeat all monsters easily with only 30 levels or less, that means the game is really too simple. Levels are no longer meaningful because even lower levels can be on par with higher and even much higher levels.
This has been a problem forever now, and this is what happens when you have a lot of levels, but no features to differentiate between certain level groups. The biggest problem being the beginning of the game, where it hands you levels over like it's nothing. As for Lumbercore, this is mainly an issue certain skills being broken.
hecquyn wrote:
On the other hand, the current advantage of "Expertise" loses the uniqueness of the classes. In particular, the classes like gunman and archer have an advantage with priority in skill, range. Now outperformed and outstripped the other 2 classes (Warrior and Mage)
Not sure what that has anything to do with uniqueness for each class. Each class is still the same as they were without expertise, and even without expertise, archer and gunman still have a massive advantage over warrior and wizard. That being said; however, there is a lack of uniqueness with each class. Wizard feels like warrior, but with wands, and gunman feels like archer, but with guns. This is an issue of skills not really being integrated into the game. Why use skills when your basic attack works perfectly fine.

Anyways, yes, expertise is really in need of a nerf. Having a permanent x4 damage bonus is broken, and really screws with the balance of things.

Tens

Post by Tens » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:37 am

Jakub34 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:44 pm
hecquyn wrote:
I think the impact of "Expertise" is a big issue that game publishers should pay attention to. "Expertise" makes the division between "Warrior, Gunman, Mage & Archer" meaningless.
What do you mean by "The division" between the four classes is meaningless?
hecquyn wrote:
In fact, nowadays in the game we don't need to increase points for strength, magic, artillery and archery, we still get very strong by focusing on increasing most points on "expertise".
Sadly, when Robby wrote the new formula, he made the player damage scale lineally, whereas the enemy defense grows exponentially, while also dividing. (It subtracted before)
hecquyn wrote:
I have seen a player of level 30 in one hit all monsters, more specifically he can kill "lumbercore" very quickly (in less than 10 seconds) by the way mentioned above. That is a really big problem. This makes us who play games gradually become discouraged. Partly because when you defeat all monsters easily with only 30 levels or less, that means the game is really too simple. Levels are no longer meaningful because even lower levels can be on par with higher and even much higher levels.
This has been a problem forever now, and this is what happens when you have a lot of levels, but no features to differentiate between certain level groups. The biggest problem being the beginning of the game, where it hands you levels over like it's nothing. As for Lumbercore, this is mainly an issue certain skills being broken.
hecquyn wrote:
On the other hand, the current advantage of "Expertise" loses the uniqueness of the classes. In particular, the classes like gunman and archer have an advantage with priority in skill, range. Now outperformed and outstripped the other 2 classes (Warrior and Mage)
Not sure what that has anything to do with uniqueness for each class. Each class is still the same as they were without expertise, and even without expertise, archer and gunman still have a massive advantage over warrior and wizard. That being said; however, there is a lack of uniqueness with each class. Wizard feels like warrior, but with wands, and gunman feels like archer, but with guns. This is an issue of skills not really being integrated into the game. Why use skills when your basic attack works perfectly fine.

Anyways, yes, expertise is really in need of a nerf. Having a permanent x4 damage bonus is broken, and really screws with the balance of things.
^this

pretty much every class does similar damage, so it only goes down to how fast the classes can attack. so cowboy dominates with its 600 shots per minute, shredding any and all mobs instantly without any skills. the damage formula needs to be changed, because it doesnt reward growth at all. it will also make hurting future enemies more difficult since they will have more defense later in the games development

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:45 am

Jakub34 wrote:
I've always said this myself: Limit expertise to 10 or 20, not 100. Having played many a RPG, I've always felt critical hits were meant to be a bonus rather than a forced mechanic. I'm convinced its part of the reason why game balance is thrown off starting from armadillos.

Criticalism

Post by Criticalism » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:05 am

Hey bro ur good as heck using english in forum but when we chat your like joking :lol:
ur making fun of me arent you? :lol: :lol:
Image Cɾιƚιƈαʅყʂɱ
Image C̶r̶i̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶i̶s̶m̶
Dιʂɠɾαƈҽ
Image ~Nyaa ♥

Tens

Post by Tens » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:21 am

Flashlight237 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:45 am
Jakub34 wrote:
I've always said this myself: Limit expertise to 10 or 20, not 100. Having played many a RPG, I've always felt critical hits were meant to be a bonus rather than a forced mechanic. I'm convinced its part of the reason why game balance is thrown off starting from armadillos.
damage formula is just terrible. also we have devastating crit