Hit-Stun for Physical Classes (Warriors and Mages)

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Hit-Stun for Physical Classes (Warriors and Mages)

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:47 am

I have stated this before, but now I have an actual in-game example for the mechanic I'm looking for. I have played Minecraft Dungeons, noting it would take fewer hits to die in that game than it would here, but as a trade-off, attacks can momentarily stun mobs, canceling out attacks as a result. This mechanic was originally created for beat 'em ups like Streets of Rage and Final Fight and fighting games like Street Fighter 2 had been a staple in video games regardless of genre ever since.

An in-game example I have for the mechanic of attacks stunning whatever they hit would be the Grunt. Whenever they hit a player, the player gets stunned for a time, which is usually displayed as an animation of getting knocked over and getting up. Grunts can also cancel out attacks as a result of this mechanic, as I've noticed when a Grunt repeatedly canceled out my Power Attack. As such, I suggest that warriors and mages be able to passively stun monsters and cancel their attacks when hitting them, much like Grunts do to players. This would allow them the window of opportunity they need to catch up with archers and gunmen, who don't have to worry about getting hit as much because of their long range.

I've been playing many video games, so I would know how certain mechanics worked in the past. But yeah, there you have it.
Last edited by Flashlight237 on Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zuji

Re: Game Mechanic for Physical Classes (Warriors and Mages)

Post by Zuji » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:45 pm

hmm support, I believe this would be a good way to at least slightly even things with melee versus ranged classes.
From, Zuji
Eliatopia: Zuji
Discord: Zuji#7832
Gmail: Private
PM me on discord or on Eliatopia for any questions!

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:15 pm

Totally support. Also both classes should have skill or something that will allow them to avoid or minimize toxic damage.

hecquyn

Post by hecquyn » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:28 pm

a commendable temporary solution

hecquyn

Post by hecquyn » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:05 pm

Stun effects for what? If you one hit monster with "expertise" high.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:28 am

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:15 pm
Totally support. Also both classes should have skill or something that will allow them to avoid or minimize toxic damage.
Ah, that. The mechanic I've written down in this post is intended to allow players to avoid damage in the first place. Essentially it's a thing that both rewards players for good gameplay and punishes players for bad gameplay. Here's a video of the mechanic I'm suggesting in action, which features a damage-free run of the first level of Final Fight: https://youtu.be/xm3OqLXBt2I?t=124

Bear in mind that 90s beat 'em ups regularly had bigger crowds than Eliatopia (minus the batlings, but batlings just follow the Annoying Bat Enemy stereotype), making the hit stun more essential.

hecquyn

Post by hecquyn » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:42 am

Try to play this game and feel. I think ur recommended game is irrelevant (https://www.rumblegames.com/kingsroad) :D

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:02 pm

hecquyn wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:42 am
Try to play this game and feel. I think ur recommended game is irrelevant (https://www.rumblegames.com/kingsroad) :D
You seriously think Final Fight, one of the games that made hit-stunning a video game staple, is irrelevant? I couldn't think of anything stupider than what you said right now.

hecquyn

Post by hecquyn » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:03 pm

haizz Stupid? I think i am talking witha people who Like Street Fighter game. he want bring ur game in Eliatopia. Right?

hecquyn

Post by hecquyn » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:04 pm

Some Stupid Ideas is your.