Spawners Spawning Multiple Species of Monsters

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Spawners Spawning Multiple Species of Monsters

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:27 pm

Hey there. So, while I do support Jakub's idea of a day/night cycle, I have pointed out that in order to allow all players to feasibly use it, the cycle would have to be split into 3 hours of day and 3 hours of night (meaning four day/night cycles per real-life day). I then realized there's a bigger elephant in the room; one that would not allow a day/night cycle to come into fruition. Spawners only spawn one species of monster at a time.

I know not of if WoW and Runescape used day/night cycles (in fact I only know of Pokemon, and that ain't an MMO), but one thing all RPGs regardless of if they are traditional RPGs or MMOs is that every spawn point spawns multiple different species of monster. To illustrate this, I decided to go into some RPGs and tally down monsters at the very starting points of each game. This was what I got.:

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire: Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Wurmpole
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl: Starly, Bidoof
Pokemon Black/White: Patrat, Lillipup
Pokemon Black 2/White 2: Patrat, Glameow
Pokemon X/Y: Bunnelby, Fletchling, Scatterbug, Zigzagoon, Pidgey, Weedle
Pokemon Sun/Moon: Pikipek, Yungoos, Ledyba, Caterpie
Phantasy Star 2: Fire Ant, Bee, Mosquito, Poisoner
Phantasy Star 3: Chirper, Moos (a bit far off; only Chirpers seemed to spawn right next to the starting town)
Phantasy Star 4: Xanafalgue, Zoran Bult
Sword of Vermilion: Slime, Blue Slime
Shining Force (strategy RPG; doesn't make use of traditional spawners): Goblin, Dark Dwarf, Rune Knight

Yeah, I went out of my way to do all that testing, but TL;DR usually two or three monsters spawn in a single spawn point at the very start of an RPG adventure. Usually the level of variety increases or remains consistent throughout an RPG. In any case, I drew up a few monsters to allow this idea to come into fruition. For squisher holes, I came up with this.:

It's a spider, which would have the name "mini-crawler." I'm thinking it would have these stats.:

HP: 4
Defense: 1
Power: ??? (1 more unit of power than a Fanged Squisher)

Yep. Glass cannon spiders. I made a night-exclusive monster for both Squisher and Fanged Squisher spawners. I call them Nightsquishes.

For these guys, I'd probably have the following stats.:

HP: 6
Defense: 1
Power: ??? (Exactly the same power as a Fanged Squisher)

Next up, we got another squisher just for Fanged Squisher spawners. I call 'em "Whiptongue Squishers," which are inspired by Whiptongue Bulborbs from Pikmin.:

These guys would fit comfortably between Fanged Squishers and Petunias statwise. Something like this.:

HP: 20
Defense: 3
Power: ??? (1 more unit of power than a Fanged Squisher)

Lastly, I got a blue crab. Yeah, blue crabs.

These would spawn in place of Swamp Crabs at times. Stat-wise, I think these would fit.

HP: 54
Defense: 32
Power: ??? (Probably the same if not a unit or two more than a Swamp Crab)

For blue crabs, I think they should drop ninja hoods instead of red archer armors because ninja hoods are blue rather than red (plus they're probably the closest to being around the same price point as red archer armor while still being blue).

But yeah, there's that. Besides that, I had these in mind.

Petunia Spawners: Petunias, Mutant Petunias, Sunflowers
Ground Spitters: Ground Spitter, Autumn Spitter (Ground Spitter but with red maple leaves)

Hopefully multi-spawning would allow more room for a day/night cycle to exist.

Robby
Site Admin

Re: Spawners Spawning Multiple Species of Monsters

Post by Robby » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:00 pm

Nice monsters! They are all pretty nice and simple and I think could be added in the future. I think the multiple spawning could work well also. I think the blue crab however I'd maybe leave out, just because I want to keep all the enemies looking different. Players might feel like the simple re-coloring is a bit cheap if ya know what i mean. If he could be made to look a bit different though I think that would work well.

I'll have to make a post regarding the day and night cycle in Jakub's suggestion.