new weapon and class idea

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
beajojo
new weapon and class idea

Post by beajojo » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:35 am

(my idea)New class and weapons: boomerang
2 types of boomerang type weapons: heavy(two-handed) and small(dual wield)

- Heavy boomerangs(big boomerang): The player will do a slow spinning animation (https://youtube.com/shorts/wvJ2NMXldpY? ... D3T6nOofsc) and then throw the boomerang, while the projectile is flying, the player can move anywhere until the boomerang gets close and the player will do another spinning animation but this time to catch it.

pros: big aoe, very big dmg. cons: You stop when casting and the boomerang returns.

- Small boomerangs: The player will do a normal throwing animation and catching animation being stunned for like .2 seconds each time throwing and catching boomerangs, The stun will increase by .4 seconds if the player has 2 boomerangs. The same goes for when the boomerangs are in mid-air, players can move wherever until they catch it.

Pros: faster, more chance for crits, more movement Cons: less damage very small aoe

- both boomerangs: both have infinite enemy peirce until it returns. Each tic(his from one boomerang) has separate chances of procking crits(Ex: first hit does not crit but the return hit can vice versa). big boomerangs are stored in the back(under backlings/accessories) while small boomerangs are held in the hand. if it hits a wall, it will return immediately

The 3 abilities: I don't have a very good idea what they should be but here are some ideas
- next attack stops in the enemy: ticks 2 times(each tick has its own chance of procking crits) the ticks can increase by 2 to 6 for each points added. however, this causes the boomerang to stay longer in the enemy.
- Heavy throw: Both weapon types can charge their attack(holding the ability button) and the longer held the more damage, projectile speed, and chance for crits. after holding for a period of time, it will automatically be released.
- Melee: pressing this ability causes the character to hit anything in front of them(basically a warrior's basic attack). however, this ability cannot be activated if you have no boomerang in hand. (This could be changed to a spin attack)

passive abilities(again I have small ideas)
- more speed when the boomerang is in mid-air
- Return hits have increased crit chance

comment on any more ideas, changes, or opinions on the boomerang class.
:!: :!: alita :!: :!: ------>

Katwastaken

Re: new weapon and class idea

Post by Katwastaken » Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:42 am

Sounds like sub melee class but i liked it :D
I simp White Lily

Katwastaken

Post by Katwastaken » Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:51 am

Very balance mechanics.

Here's more passives i would like.

Extended ranged - increase ranged distance of a boomerang.
Guiding Boomerang - lets you walk when throwing or catching but your movement speed is reduced
I simp White Lily

remaru

Post by remaru » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:50 am

if this game gets updated in the future, will there be a possibility that there will be new classes?
Demon Lord that governs the forest of Jura.