Runes, NPC, quests and more

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
mage_queen
Runes, NPC, quests and more

Post by mage_queen » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:53 pm

Runes are an essential for a good set of armor and a good weapon. Runes can be gained at seperate areas.
Ice runes: The ice statue in the ice cave, wait about 20 minutes.
Fire runes: They can be gained by grinding logons and bats.
Poison runes: They are gained from squishers, oozes ,ooze horrors and sewer creatures.
Electric runes: Rafielas drop e1's , I don't know the rest.
Hardening runes: Found by grinding anywhere in the game I found out.
Sharpening stone: Same as hardening stone.
If I missed any locations, please inform me.

Effects of runes:
Ice runes: Lowers enemies defense.
Fire runes: Deals gradual damage to enemy.
Poison runes: Deals damage that penetrates all defense to the enemy.
Electric runes: When hitting an enemy , electric damages all enemies near by.
Hardening stones: Adds defense to armor.
Sharpening stone: Add damage to a weapon.

Now we know the methods of collecting a rune and why to use one, lets talk about how hard it is to get one. It's hard, when areas aren't cramped runes are rare and random people steal loot. The stage of a rune is random as well as having to pay to add it onto your weapon. You also need to find where to add the rune onto your weapon and understand the mechanics of it. You may want to buy runes yet they are expensive. In item vendors, runes themselves are expensive as players get to freely chose the pricing so greed overtakes them meaning they lose the rune which leads to the drone debate. The ideas listed below are my ways to fix these problems.

The NPC idea.
This involves an NPC (Preferably in the camp site near the start of the game to make the area more significant) that gives quests. Main quests. Once 3 quests are completed the NPC lets you sell him runes and buy runes from him. If you pay him enough he will sell the next stage of each rune. You pay for this directly with gold unlike buying runes which doesn't help gain access for the next stage but gives that stage rune.

Transformative idea
This is the idea that you can go to an area where you use 250,000k gold (or 7 emeralds as a secondary choice) to get the rune to a higher stage. This rune would be only one stage higher hence many may not liking it. Some would like it and some would not but I like it.

Arena idea
I think that we need more areas like the Forbidden Forest. We could make an arena where 2 players of similar stats face eachother in combat. The winner gets a rune of their choice, the arena has 5 fights and for each fight you get a better selection.
Fight one: Stage one
Fight two: Stage two
Fight three: Stage three
Fight four: Stage four
Fight five: Stage five
I think this would add more of a reward to pvp and would give a fair chance to all by adding the idea of selecting 2 players of similar stats. It could be an annual tournament held each month that forces you to attend. One problem is that it would become very toxic towards new people.

What do you guys think? Please can you leave some suggestions as I think changes like this would cause a shift in the way people play.

Iogan

Re: Runes, NPC, quests and more

Post by Iogan » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:58 pm

mage_queen wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:53 pm
Runes are an essential for a good set of armor and a good weapon. Runes can be gained at seperate areas.
Ice runes: The ice statue in the ice cave, wait about 20 minutes.
Fire runes: They can be gained by grinding logons and bats.
Poison runes: They are gained from squishers, oozes ,ooze horrors and sewer creatures.
Electric runes: Rafielas drop e1's , I don't know the rest.
Hardening runes: Found by grinding anywhere in the game I found out.
Sharpening stone: Same as hardening stone.
If I missed any locations, please inform me.

Effects of runes:
Ice runes: Lowers enemies defense.
Fire runes: Deals gradual damage to enemy.
Poison runes: Deals damage that penetrates all defense to the enemy.
Electric runes: When hitting an enemy , electric damages all enemies near by.
Hardening stones: Adds defense to armor.
Sharpening stone: Add damage to a weapon.

Now we know the methods of collecting a rune and why to use one, lets talk about how hard it is to get one. It's hard, when areas aren't cramped runes are rare and random people steal loot. The stage of a rune is random as well as having to pay to add it onto your weapon. You also need to find where to add the rune onto your weapon and understand the mechanics of it. You may want to buy runes yet they are expensive. In item vendors, runes themselves are expensive as players get to freely chose the pricing so greed overtakes them meaning they lose the rune which leads to the drone debate. The ideas listed below are my ways to fix these problems.

The NPC idea.
This involves an NPC (Preferably in the camp site near the start of the game to make the area more significant) that gives quests. Main quests. Once 3 quests are completed the NPC lets you sell him runes and buy runes from him. If you pay him enough he will sell the next stage of each rune. You pay for this directly with gold unlike buying runes which doesn't help gain access for the next stage but gives that stage rune.

Transformative idea
This is the idea that you can go to an area where you use 250,000k gold (or 7 emeralds as a secondary choice) to get the rune to a higher stage. This rune would be only one stage higher hence many may not liking it. Some would like it and some would not but I like it.

Arena idea
I think that we need more areas like the Forbidden Forest. We could make an arena where 2 players of similar stats face eachother in combat. The winner gets a rune of their choice, the arena has 5 fights and for each fight you get a better selection.
Fight one: Stage one
Fight two: Stage two
Fight three: Stage three
Fight four: Stage four
Fight five: Stage five
I think this would add more of a reward to pvp and would give a fair chance to all by adding the idea of selecting 2 players of similar stats. It could be an annual tournament held each month that forces you to attend. One problem is that it would become very toxic towards new people.

What do you guys think? Please can you leave some suggestions as I think changes like this would cause a shift in the way people play.
This would be terrible for a massive part of the eli economy 💀
New players aren’t meant to be worried about runes like poison, fire or electric cause they don’t need it until they are high enough level to survive and fight in pvp

Item stealing pretty much isn’t ever an issue you have 12 seconds to grab your items once dropped by an enemy
XanXus, Arbalist and 1ogan