GUILD Section UI Improvement

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
j5dgreat
GUILD Section UI Improvement

Post by j5dgreat » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:32 pm

I find it hard to monitor my guild and members information in both the GUILDS building and the GUILD ACTIVITIES icon during gameplay when outside of the city. Few difficulties I encountered were:

1) Checking who is online within the guild.
2) Checking contributions.
3) No Announcement feature for the guild.
4) Communicating with the members.

I would like to suggest a few changes in the UI that can help the players a lot.
I hope we could add/enhance these sections:
1) XP Sharing View
2) Announcements
3) Members Overview
4) Guild Chat

The current layout for the Guild Activities is as per below:
0.jpg
0.jpg (34.02KiB)Viewed 696 times

Some layout that can be considered will be posted in the responses because the inline file attachment is limited. (It is not colored as I don't have the tool to do this as of the moment)
Last edited by j5dgreat on Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VULCAN KNIGHTS
Leader

j5dgreat

Re: GUILD Section UI Improvement

Post by j5dgreat » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:33 pm

Here is the current layout:
0.jpg
0.jpg (34.02KiB)Viewed 697 times
Last edited by j5dgreat on Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VULCAN KNIGHTS
Leader

j5dgreat

Post by j5dgreat » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:33 pm

Here are the suggested UI enhancement:

Announcements Section:
It would be good to be able to post announcements (as a leader), this would be very helpful to the guild members.
1.jpg
1.jpg (156.08KiB)Viewed 697 times
Members Section:
2.JPG
2.JPG (96.77KiB)Viewed 509 times
Guild Chat Section
Would be also important to make the User ID somewhat more visible, maybe change the font weight to Bold or something, because identifying where the messages started/ended and who sent it currently is difficult to see at first glance.
3.jpg
3.jpg (67.58KiB)Viewed 697 times
Additional Suggestions from the responses to this thread
I am including the suggestions in the responses to help Robby.
1) From Fav - A suggestion to add a feature (Maybe in the members section) to disable Global XP Share for a specific player incase they are abusing the Global XP Share by AFKing.
2)From j5dgreat - Or include in the member list a column to see if a player has turned on Global, or Nearby, or OFF the sharing so that leaders and other officers can monitor properly.
3) From j5dgreat - Maybe we can add also a Party System, wherein non-guildmates can actually make a party to use the Nearby sharing feature instead of the Global XP Share. This would help people wherein there is no online guildmates in their timezone.
4) From j5dgreat - Player ban feature for the guild to avoid annoying players who were already kicked from rejoining again.
Last edited by j5dgreat on Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.
VULCAN KNIGHTS
Leader

troopas

Post by troopas » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:11 pm

Why not just make the menu the regular guild menu in guild hall?

j5dgreat

Post by j5dgreat » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:52 am

troopas wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:11 pm
Why not just make the menu the regular guild menu in guild hall?
Even the menu in the guild hall is not that very efficient because you will have to click each member to see their details. An overview will be easier as you see all the details in one section. and you can switch back and forth the sections using the tabs. This suggestion is actually for both in the GUILDS HALL and in the GUILD ACTIVITIES section when you are outside the city.

Maybe what can be done is to enhance the GUILD HALL to just be used for Guild applications, acceptance and removal of players, guild information change like level requirements, flag, rules etc. -> as i believe this is the reason why there is a guilds hall, just like in real world that when you want to apply to an organization, you'll have to do the processing in the company's building itself.

But looking at announcements, member statuses, contributions, levels and messaging can be visible in GUILDS ACTIVITIES outside of the city/hall. Just like in real world where in we can do those away from the organization through online transactions.

I assume that was Robby's goal in having the players go to the city to apply for a guild membership or to approve requests, to make it a little bit similar to the real world.
Last edited by j5dgreat on Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
VULCAN KNIGHTS
Leader

Pro_xGamer

Post by Pro_xGamer » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:17 am

Support!
The only pro player in America sweating in Eliatopia

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:04 pm

Awesome, thanks for the suggestion! That definitely looks like a nice and improved UI. I am always a fan of simplifying things, so moving the sharing counts to the button text is a great and simple one. I went ahead and made that change now, since it's pretty quick. I'd like to get to trying to add some of the other things you mentioned possibly next week. If you could just bump it then, or if some more player's could put in your input here, that'd be great as well. :) I try to keep up with some suggestions, but it's hard. So I don't want to forget about this one.

j5dgreat

Post by j5dgreat » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:16 am

Robby wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:04 pm
Awesome, thanks for the suggestion! That definitely looks like a nice and improved UI. I am always a fan of simplifying things, so moving the sharing counts to the button text is a great and simple one. I went ahead and made that change now, since it's pretty quick. I'd like to get to trying to add some of the other things you mentioned possibly next week. If you could just bump it then, or if some more player's could put in your input here, that'd be great as well. :) I try to keep up with some suggestions, but it's hard. So I don't want to forget about this one.
Thanks so much Robby!

I am sure monitoring all of the suggestions/bugs etc. is a tedious task! But we believe in you! :lol:

And Yes! I like simple designs that makes the tasks easier and easy to understand in first glance, I hope I can help more and I will surely continue to post suggestions if there are any.

Hoping that players would support this too :)
VULCAN KNIGHTS
Leader

CrazyMonke1004

Post by CrazyMonke1004 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:23 am

This will be very helpful!
I support the suggestion!

Please make it happen! Specially the Guild Announcements!

Fav

Post by Fav » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:51 pm

j5dgreat wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:33 pm
Here are the suggested UI enhancement:

Announcements Section:
It would be good to be able to post announcements (as a leader), this would be very helpful to the guild members.
1.jpg

Members Section:
I forgot to include in the screenshot, for +DAILY (Ofcourse this is the running contributions as of today). Which makes me wonder, the contributions doesnt seem to be real time, is there a background job running to update the contibutions like, after a few minutes?
And also I forgot to include in the screenshot, if we can add the current location of the player also in the columns. (Would be rather cool if it can be indicated if the player is AFK or not haha)
2.jpg

Guild Chat Section
Would be also important to make the User ID somewhat more visible, maybe change the font weight to Bold or something, because identifying where the messages started/ended and who sent it currently is difficult to see at first glance.
3.jpg
I like that.
Would rlly help to check leechers.
Support fr!!!

I wanna add something :)
Let guildleaders and lieutnants have chance to control members xp feature, like if i see some member 24/7 afk i could turn off his world xp.
I dont want to kick people always.
Peaky Blinders #1 :mrgreen: