Widen Existing Areas in General

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Widen Existing Areas in General

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:59 pm

Okay, so every base is covered with Eliatopia, right? I mean PC, iPhones, Android... I've yet to see a Mac user or a Linux user try to virtual-machine the game yet, however... But assuming a new server requires 400 players online, the game environment should account for 200 people throughout the entire map. There are bound to be lumps in places where farming is recommended, such as the Swamp Passage, the Red Leaf Hills caves, the Puff Monsters' share of the Tropics, the scrapyard maybe, the Ice Caves, and the Forbidden Area (by that, I mean the gated off area with nothing but robots). Yeah, the game averages to about two people per area of the map, but reality is there's always gonna be lumps of people in a few spots and basically nothing in other spots.

I do think an area expansion in general, or at least in the more deserted areas of the game, would be cool. Not so big that people are gonna start begging for mapwide teleportation (even though I admit HH's map expansion gave everyone more places to farm at the price of making the walk more tedious), but enough to allow the population to spread out in their farming efforts. Heck, I do think there will be some environmental benefits to it too, like seeing the river flow throughout the entirety of Teplar Woods and Red Leaf Hills for instance. It had been suggested before when there was less map to go through, but I still think it's relevant. I mean the population lumps never really disappeared; they just moved.

edk

Re: Widen Existing Areas in General

Post by edk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:13 pm

fr w thread

mike

Post by mike » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:47 pm

I doubt robby is even gonna click into this since me and probably multiple other people have suggested making areas bigger/making more areas, aaanddd..... *Drumroll* nothing
go watch breaking bad
eliatopia discord:(if you have one) https://discord.gg/qFcKTtS
my discord:.mike#1112

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:29 pm

If enough players think this is needed currently, I could do this. However, it'd also be best to know the key areas in which players think this is needed. There's gotta be like 70+ monster spawning areas, so expanding every one in one-go is going to be alot of work. It'd be best to focus on the ones that'd really need it currently.

mike

Post by mike » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:44 pm

Robby wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:29 pm
If enough players think this is needed currently, I could do this. However, it'd also be best to know the key areas in which players think this is needed. There's gotta be like 70+ monster spawning areas, so expanding every one in one-go is going to be alot of work. It'd be best to focus on the ones that'd really need it currently.
Not really *need* but just y'know. "Widen areas in general,, saw guardians, droids, the nature factory, scrap bots... Maybe also increase spawnrate so that its not like hunger games that people need to curse and swear at each other just to get 2-3 kills per minute at an area

Edit:ok maybe its a need
go watch breaking bad
eliatopia discord:(if you have one) https://discord.gg/qFcKTtS
my discord:.mike#1112

aiyaa771

Post by aiyaa771 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:57 pm

Robby wrote:
I feel like mainly higher level areas need more expanding. Whenever I walk into the lower level area I notice there 1-2 people farming with no problem but once we get up to blizzards to sawblades I notice a lot more of these high level players struggling with the scarcity of mob available. Saw blades is a very very nice place to farm with 1-2 people but there are around 7-8 people regularly there and makes grinding squishers more xp efficient. I feel like having another location off to the side with no connections to any important areas that spawn more saws would be appreciated, that way it doesn't really affect the distance needed to get to Xantis but also allows for more room for grinding. I don't know if what im saying makes 100% sense but I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to say.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:02 pm

Robby wrote:
Gladly.

Key Areas in Need of Expanding

Area 7 - Just a little to the right to keep Shagdaws from leaving the area. Their walk cycle goes right into the right exit.
Area 24 - It could be made wider, plus a way to access the mountain would be nice since loot keeps getting stuck up there.
Area 25 - Mikel's idea, not mine, but I support that.
Area 26 - I mean Dumtilians don't even have walking room here.
Area 32 - It would be nice to see the river flowing through Teplar and Red Leaf Hills through and through, finally. Maybe more P-Sicles spawners. I mean I get that you want the first four icy-boys to be rare, but P-Sicles are rare to the point of visual nonexistence.
Area 34 - No real map extension would be needed, but it would be nice to have a farming area behind the shrubs. The area is a C-shape, and the section I'm talking about is in the opening of the C.
Area 37 - No real expansion needed; it really could use some Easter Eggs in the water beneath the Grunts.
Area 48 - This map could really be spaced out. I'm thinking southwards first, then wherever you please. This area was one of the most needed maps for an expansion.
Area 63 - No offense, Robby, but I think expanding the area a bit would help space out the mobs there, which would make the area less FPS-laggy.
Area 64 - I had retconned Moonchyllus to being a post-story expansion character (a 2nd Resistance leader residing in the Amazon Rainforest to be exact), but I think your old Moonchyllus sprites can still work as a mini-avatar to spawn from the cage. Call her Mini-Moonchyllus or somethin'. You got time now, right?
Area 71 - If you ever plan on adding more leaderboard positions, you should seriously do this first.
Area 78 - This place could really use some more room with how much the high-levels loved playing with them. Scrap Bots don't really exist anywhere else, so that would be nice.
Area 88 and 89 - I think it's less the Feral Beast's drop rates and more the fact that they really don't have room to allow players to farm them.
Area 93 - I'm mainly putting this as a major expansion because Titanium Droids keep leaving the area through the north exit. A cliffside to jump over should keep them from doing that.
Area 99 - Uh, where's 98? Anyway, this is the one high-levels are begging for the most. I can see why; this is the only place where Saw Guardians would spawn.