A very elaborate PET thread! (with art)

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
cinos
Re: A very elaborate PET thread! (with art)

Post by cinos » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:25 pm

Added more, feast.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

JoMan2

Post by JoMan2 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:53 am

Idk about the attacking part, would buy it because how cute it is and maybe it can send little emojis too.

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:53 pm

I mostly can agree to add pets yet with more limited amount of attacking ones. I'd rather like to see like max 2-3 pets that can attack and more that gives buffs(not too Op ofc). Still two things i'd like to add. One is that i would like to see pets work kinda similar to coin magnet-you can use them only when you move(might be vey good to prevent botting attempts, tho i would recommend to add minimum distance travelled to be able to navigate/use pet abilities f.e 10 ft). Second thing i never liked in HH and would also hate it here is pet stats depending on what buffs it gets via each lvl-up. I guess it would be more fair to either base it like mentioned on feeding type or simply every pet(same type ofc) gets same buffs for a certain lvl( luck, deaths feeding etc. doesn't matter). Also what about an idea to be able to add breeding?. That might be interesting, yet to not mess up things too much we could only be able to breed new pet using grown up 2 pets that are same type,also it would require some time and game cash.

edk

Post by edk » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:13 pm

Pets prob the most requested thing in the community we need them :D

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:54 pm

Thanks for the well thought out post! I am still on the fence about pets a bit, as I don't completely want Eliatopia to be TOO much of an clone of Helmet Heroes (even though it is very similar). I have thought about adding other things that would be similar to pets, although not directly a "pet". You do have some pretty cool ideas though. I'll have to refer back to here in the future, as I'm still not sure how long it'd be until I got to this sort of thing at the moment.

mike

Post by mike » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:47 pm

Robby wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:54 pm
Thanks for the well thought out post! I am still on the fence about pets a bit, as I don't completely want Eliatopia to be TOO much of an clone of Helmet Heroes (even though it is very similar). I have thought about adding other things that would be similar to pets, although not directly a "pet". You do have some pretty cool ideas though. I'll have to refer back to here in the future, as I'm still not sure how long it'd be until I got to this sort of thing at the moment.
Rob, we want pets. But the last thing we want from pets is it automating grinding or basically just becoming an extension of gear thats gonna be hard to get
go watch breaking bad
eliatopia discord:(if you have one) https://discord.gg/qFcKTtS
my discord:.mike#1112

cinos

Post by cinos » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:18 pm

mike wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:47 pm
Robby wrote:
Rob, we want pets. But the last thing we want from pets is it automating grinding or basically just becoming an extension of gear thats gonna be hard to get
This, I stated player control as something mandatory since it would be more fun and more like an actual gameplay mechanic.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:37 pm

cinos wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:18 pm
mike wrote:
Robby wrote:
This, I stated player control as something mandatory since it would be more fun and more like an actual gameplay mechanic.
Could just be a cute pet that follows you around and has no fighting features.

cinos

Post by cinos » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:42 pm

TheWood wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:37 pm
cinos wrote:
mike wrote:

But that would legitimately suck dude, that cannot be the following to the HH pet for the simple fact that pets were so beloved. They need to be able to fight, this is why their fighting is (atleast, in my concept) relatively balanced but useful. Any suggestion to make them cosmetic or worthless is as bad as the "add afk super stalker jr" threads, since all it does is limit the game's creativity because HH did it wrong, therefore we MUST make them worthless here, no inbetween...aka, making them a valid mechanic. Other MMOs do cosmetic pets too (adventure quest worlds anyone?), but that's the problem, we don't need to become more vanilla and appease to the standard, we can move beyond HH and do something truly great.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

zienice!!

Post by zienice!! » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:42 pm

TheWood wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:37 pm
cinos wrote:
mike wrote:

Support