mage bubble rework

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Iogan
mage bubble rework

Post by Iogan » Sat May 27, 2023 2:02 pm

right now the mage class makes no sense as in it is a class based on magic but it uses the least mp out of every class as once the abilities are used it no longer requires mp to keep them working.
a rework i had in mind was changing the way the hp of mage bubbles works so instead of the mage bubble having hp it works off the mp of the mage so if the mage has 500 mp it will work as 500 mp in a way and every time a mage gets hit their mp drops by an appropriate amount and instead of the upgrades that increase the bubble hp it could set a max amount of mp drain or maybe just reduce it by a percentage for example a max mage bubble would take 80% less damage then if they where hit directly and then that number comes out the mp instead of the hp.
of course with this mages can place there clouds and mp heal spam but to counter that you could have it so when this bubble is active the mage cant heal perhaps adding a new ability which allows mages to use mp items but the 80% damage reduction of a max bubble is reduced to 30% or something.
in no way is this meant to be a Nerf or a buff but just a redesign which will diversify the way mages can build their accounts either they can go down a rout of high bubble mp at the expense of the possible damage they would have had as they need to increase mp over magic or they could not worry to much about the bubbles and their team and go all in on damage. with this having a low mp bubble might make the bubble pointless but that could also be changed to make the stun of the bubble being popped based off the mp of the user perhaps making the first 100mp = 1 second and every 100mp after that adds 0.3 secs of stun so a high mp mage will have to wait 5 ish secs maybe to reuse the bubble where as a offensive mage could use the bubble way quicker and possibly quicker than the speed they are right now of course with less bubble hp tho.

i may have missed a point i was gonna make in this and this isnt meant to be a nerf or a buff but more so a way to add more ways of using mage as well as making the magic based class use more mp without nerfing the class.

Robby nub fr
XanXus, Arbalist and 1ogan

Beo

Re: mage bubble rework

Post by Beo » Sun May 28, 2023 9:25 pm

No

poopfart65

Post by poopfart65 » Mon May 29, 2023 5:33 am

Iogan wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 2:02 pm
right now the mage class makes no sense as in it is a class based on magic but it uses the least mp out of every class as once the abilities are used it no longer requires mp to keep them working.
a rework i had in mind was changing the way the hp of mage bubbles works so instead of the mage bubble having hp it works off the mp of the mage so if the mage has 500 mp it will work as 500 mp in a way and every time a mage gets hit their mp drops by an appropriate amount and instead of the upgrades that increase the bubble hp it could set a max amount of mp drain or maybe just reduce it by a percentage for example a max mage bubble would take 80% less damage then if they where hit directly and then that number comes out the mp instead of the hp.
of course with this mages can place there clouds and mp heal spam but to counter that you could have it so when this bubble is active the mage cant heal perhaps adding a new ability which allows mages to use mp items but the 80% damage reduction of a max bubble is reduced to 30% or something.
in no way is this meant to be a Nerf or a buff but just a redesign which will diversify the way mages can build their accounts either they can go down a rout of high bubble mp at the expense of the possible damage they would have had as they need to increase mp over magic or they could not worry to much about the bubbles and their team and go all in on damage. with this having a low mp bubble might make the bubble pointless but that could also be changed to make the stun of the bubble being popped based off the mp of the user perhaps making the first 100mp = 1 second and every 100mp after that adds 0.3 secs of stun so a high mp mage will have to wait 5 ish secs maybe to reuse the bubble where as a offensive mage could use the bubble way quicker and possibly quicker than the speed they are right now of course with less bubble hp tho.

i may have missed a point i was gonna make in this and this isnt meant to be a nerf or a buff but more so a way to add more ways of using mage as well as making the magic based class use more mp without nerfing the class.

Robby nub fr
i dont know what ur trying to say but all i see is losing mp when using the bubble thing

Iogan

Post by Iogan » Mon May 29, 2023 12:05 pm

Beo wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 9:25 pm
No
why not

Iogan

Post by Iogan » Mon May 29, 2023 12:06 pm

poopfart65 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 5:33 am
Iogan wrote:

Robby nub fr
i dont know what ur trying to say but all i see is losing mp when using the bubble thing
it would mean the bubble uses mp as its hp giving mp value to a mage whilst not nerfing it as it will come with its benefits

poopfart65

Post by poopfart65 » Tue May 30, 2023 5:27 pm

Iogan wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 12:06 pm
poopfart65 wrote:
Iogan wrote:

Robby nub fr
it would mean the bubble uses mp as its hp giving mp value to a mage whilst not nerfing it as it will come with its benefits
so ur saying you want the bubble to use mp while its active

Iogan

Post by Iogan » Tue May 30, 2023 6:09 pm

poopfart65 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 5:27 pm
Iogan wrote:
poopfart65 wrote:

yeah but in a way which isn't going to nerf the class just open up more options it could also be done so mage can grind high level zones effectively but idk how robby would do that

poopfart65

Post by poopfart65 » Tue May 30, 2023 7:50 pm

Iogan wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 6:09 pm
poopfart65 wrote:
Iogan wrote:

yeah but in a way which isn't going to nerf the class just open up more options it could also be done so mage can grind high level zones effectively but idk how robby would do that
that would make it harder to grind if you cant use clouds or magic breathe at all i dont think robby would really want to make eliatopia that strict for mage users also im very sure that mage users have the weakest damage output in exchange for op abilities to boost their damage

Iogan

Post by Iogan » Tue May 30, 2023 10:09 pm

poopfart65 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 7:50 pm
Iogan wrote:
poopfart65 wrote:

that would make it harder to grind if you cant use clouds or magic breathe at all i dont think robby would really want to make eliatopia that strict for mage users also im very sure that mage users have the weakest damage output in exchange for op abilities to boost their damage
It has nothing to do with the breathe or clouds?
mage damage isn’t weak and pair with the massive damage from the clouds big hit it doesn’t lack damage
The point I made beforehand is made around pvp but Robby could change other things as well

poopfart65

Post by poopfart65 » Wed May 31, 2023 4:56 am

Iogan wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 10:09 pm
poopfart65 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 7:50 pm
Iogan wrote:

It has nothing to do with the breathe or clouds?
mage damage isn’t weak and pair with the massive damage from the clouds big hit it doesn’t lack damage
The point I made beforehand is made around pvp but Robby could change other things as well
how is he going to do that without screwing up the main games balance then