Reworking the runes system

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
MaxBlue01
Re: Reworking the runes system

Post by MaxBlue01 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:18 pm

Yeah, gunman seem to be very present on mid-late game area. And by "gunman", i mean anyone with a 9s pellet spitter, even if you have only 1 artillery stat... Poison rune is currently way too cheesy. The funny part? Those gunman consider shooting (by direct aiming extremly quickly) tons of poisoned bullets at players is "skill"...

The thing about the ice rune statue is that only ice runes have access to this method, which feels unfair for other runes types. There is no reason why only ice runes are favored with this kind of method.

As for the "runes shop", i think it's because it remind too much about the HH book shop. Even though you can only use a limited number of runes for your active equipment, the change might be too brutal for players to accept it.

Joey!!

Post by Joey!! » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:34 pm

btw u guys all saying that players cant afford there lvl sets, robby did nothing wrong. lots of players have to wait and farm xp to levelup to equip stuff they bought. like a lvl 51 buying a butcher cleaver (me back then) and a lvl 61 trying to lvl up to equip his forsaken helmet (a guy i met) or (me again) trying to level up to euip there forsaken hammer. they even wouldhave so much time, that they could rune there weapon before they can equip it.
8-) 8-) 8-)

MaxBlue01

Post by MaxBlue01 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:57 pm

Joey!! wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:34 pm
btw u guys all saying that players cant afford there lvl sets, robby did nothing wrong. lots of players have to wait and farm xp to levelup to equip stuff they bought. like a lvl 51 buying a butcher cleaver (me back then) and a lvl 61 trying to lvl up to equip his forsaken helmet (a guy i met) or (me again) trying to level up to euip there forsaken hammer. they even wouldhave so much time, that they could rune there weapon before they can equip it.
The issue isn't the experience (especially if you are in a guild with global xp. but that's an entire different problem), but the MONEY. Currently, any player (even without a guild) can reach lvl 20, 30, or even 40 relatively easily with some time. However, with the money he collected and the "loot" he sold, he is NOWHERE close to buy enough equipment to fully upgrade his set.

Here is an experiment i did a some time ago: around lvl 20 (as an archer) at farming dumtilian (at sewers), you get around 10k to 15k coins per HOUR. Opal bow (lvl 16) cost 25k, opal set (excluding shoes) cost 42k x 3 = 106k, ground boots (lvl 16) cost 45k (which reminder: they are only availible at later areas). Total price? close to 200k. So even if you are doing well and can make 15k per hour, you are still going to grind for around 13 hours, which is a LOT of time for such an early area. Do you know lot of GOOD games that require such a long time to grind at EARLY STAGE just to improve the equipment a little? Because i don't. (Also if you didn't noticed, i didn't added accessory because they are fairly random, but you can imagine they don't cost 1k at this point).

All of that is just at lvl 20. By the time you grind for 13 hours, you will very likely reach close to lvl 30, which mean you will need ANOTHER weapon and ANOTHER armor set. And guess what? They are MUCH MORE EXPANSIVE. To the point that the shop prices feels like it increase exponentially, while the boost we get is small in comparaison. Meanwhile, enemies get much stronger very quickly, to the point we go from grinding 13 hours at early areas... to like 100+ hours at just after Allion city... The further you progress, the worse it get.

Maybe you have so much free time you can afford to play 10 hours per day every day. But in case you don't know about "real life problems": not everyone can do that. The majority of the players can't do that. And the majority of the players will get frustrated by how slow the game progress. There is literally no fun in staying in the same area to grind the same enemy over and over again for an absurd ammount of time just to progress one step.

I don't recall lot of lvl 30 players having lvl 30 gear immediately. I don't recall lot of lvl 50-60 players having lvl 50-60 gear immediately (even though you think all of them do, which is 100% wrong). And i certainly don't know lot of lvl 50-60 players with 20+ of all runes types, or even have the money to buy them.

Stop saying BS just because you are rich (and probably are in a guild with global xp). That's just arrogance and selfish. Meanwhile, i'm trying to make the game better for EVERYONE ELSE, so they have a much better experience while playing.

Joey!!

Post by Joey!! » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:46 pm

MaxBlue01 wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:57 pm
Joey!! wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:34 pm
The issue isn't the experience (especially if you are in a guild with global xp. but that's an entire different problem), but the MONEY. Currently, any player (even without a guild) can reach lvl 20, 30, or even 40 relatively easily with some time. However, with the money he collected and the "loot" he sold, he is NOWHERE close to buy enough equipment to fully upgrade his set.

Here is an experiment i did a some time ago: around lvl 20 (as an archer) at farming dumtilian (at sewers), you get around 10k to 15k coins per HOUR. Opal bow (lvl 16) cost 25k, opal set (excluding shoes) cost 42k x 3 = 106k, ground boots (lvl 16) cost 45k (which reminder: they are only availible at later areas). Total price? close to 200k. So even if you are doing well and can make 15k per hour, you are still going to grind for around 13 hours, which is a LOT of time for such an early area. Do you know lot of GOOD games that require such a long time to grind at EARLY STAGE just to improve the equipment a little? Because i don't. (Also if you didn't noticed, i didn't added accessory because they are fairly random, but you can imagine they don't cost 1k at this point).

All of that is just at lvl 20. By the time you grind for 13 hours, you will very likely reach close to lvl 30, which mean you will need ANOTHER weapon and ANOTHER armor set. And guess what? They are MUCH MORE EXPANSIVE. To the point that the shop prices feels like it increase exponentially, while the boost we get is small in comparaison. Meanwhile, enemies get much stronger very quickly, to the point we go from grinding 13 hours at early areas... to like 100+ hours at just after Allion city... The further you progress, the worse it get.

Maybe you have so much free time you can afford to play 10 hours per day every day. But in case you don't know about "real life problems": not everyone can do that. The majority of the players can't do that. And the majority of the players will get frustrated by how slow the game progress. There is literally no fun in staying in the same area to grind the same enemy over and over again for an absurd ammount of time just to progress one step.

I don't recall lot of lvl 30 players having lvl 30 gear immediately. I don't recall lot of lvl 50-60 players having lvl 50-60 gear immediately (even though you think all of them do, which is 100% wrong). And i certainly don't know lot of lvl 50-60 players with 20+ of all runes types, or even have the money to buy them.

Stop saying BS just because you are rich (and probably are in a guild with global xp). That's just arrogance and selfish. Meanwhile, i'm trying to make the game better for EVERYONE ELSE, so they have a much better experience while playing.
ok so.. yeah, but people dont just get the stuff for there level. lets say mage with fiberglass wands and lvl 23, hes farming for element wands. by the time he has enough money, hes around the right lvl to equip them. i know becuase ive done it and seen others do it, people skip a lot of sets lol
8-) 8-) 8-)

MaxBlue01

Post by MaxBlue01 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:51 pm

That still doesn't change the fact the MAJORITY of the players don't have enough money to afford the equipemnt they want for their current level. Surely you aren't going to suggest they buy something 20+ lvl higher than their current level, then grind the levels just to equip it?

Joey__

Post by Joey__ » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:40 pm

MaxBlue01 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:51 pm
That still doesn't change the fact the MAJORITY of the players don't have enough money to afford the equipemnt they want for their current level. Surely you aren't going to suggest they buy something 20+ lvl higher than their current level, then grind the levels just to equip it?
and stack runes on it while your farming xp and getting money, yes

MaxBlue01

Post by MaxBlue01 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:37 pm

Joey__ wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:40 pm
MaxBlue01 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:51 pm
and stack runes on it while your farming xp and getting money, yes
You are missing the point... if the player can't buy the clear items equipment from their current level, HOW can they buy something 20+ level HIGHER, which is going to cost like 4x more? You do NOT get enough money to do that. This is the only fact about this tedious grinding. Not to mention, you are extremly unlikely to find some runes (if any) while grinding. Oh and in case you still didn't do some basic research on your own: runes are ALSO expansive. So again, if players can't buy the clear items equipment from their current level, HOW can they buy both those items and 5+ runes?

Seriously, i'm tired to keep hearing your nonsense. And not just from this discussion. So if you still plan to write anything on the forum (in this discussion or in ANY other discussion): you better do a thorough search on your own first. Clearly you don't know how this game work, nor see what obvious problems it has. If you can't understand that, you are better off not responding at all. All you are doing is being an ignorant nuisance instead of helping fixing the game with your BS.

Joey__

Post by Joey__ » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:33 am

MaxBlue01 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:37 pm
You do NOT get enough money to do that.
uhh yeah, lots of people do. you just gotta find the right farming areas, like nature factory, grunts, mushroom, blizzers, crabs, shagdaws, etc.
HOW can they buy both those items and 5+ runes?
becuase, while getting xp gets slower, money amount stays the same. so when your only getting 50% xp each day at mushroom, thhat would also be like 2-3m each day.
your BS.
anger issues :lol:

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:51 pm

Joey__ wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:33 am
MaxBlue01 wrote:
becuase, while getting xp gets slower, money amount stays the same. so when your only getting 50% xp each day at mushroom, thhat would also be like 2-3m each day.
Not everyone can grind for 10-14 hours daily and also it's not really interesting to grind for so many hours. He's basically telling the truth.

MaxBlue01

Post by MaxBlue01 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:30 pm

Joey__ wrote:
MaxBlue01 wrote:
You do NOT get enough money to do that.
uhh yeah, lots of people do. you just gotta find the right farming areas, like nature factory, grunts, mushroom, blizzers, crabs, shagdaws, etc.
"Here is an experiment i did a some time ago: around lvl 20 (as an archer) at farming dumtilian (at sewers), you get around 10k to 15k coins per HOUR. Opal bow (lvl 16) cost 25k, opal set (excluding shoes) cost 42k x 3 = 106k, ground boots (lvl 16) cost 45k (which reminder: they are only availible at later areas). Total price? close to 200k. So even if you are doing well and can make 15k per hour, you are still going to grind for around 13 hours, which is a LOT of time for such an early area."

I literally said that before, in this VERY discussion. I'm maybe angry about how many problems the game have, but for me, better that than being illeterate like you, if you can't even read. Facts and maths are on my side, not yours. So unless you can prove a lvl 20 NORMAL player (aka no cheese with a lvl 100+ player) can farm saw guardians easily to gain lot of money quick enough, i still believe i'm the one who is correct on that one.

I mean c'mon... "lots of people do". Like who? Your lvl 100+ friends who already have 100M+ to spend? Or your friend who bought 1k emeralds using real money? Because for me, it is impossible to get enough money by playing NORMALLY (maybe read a dictionnary about what "normal" mean. Oh right, you can't, you don't have one, and even if you had one, you still can't read).

After like crabs, it doesn't matter where you grind. A normal player will have to heavily grind for not a lot of money COMPARED TO WHAT HE HAVE TO BUY. It's like gaining less than 2% total budget (to improve all your equipment) per HOUR. The higher the area, the stronger the enemy is, quickly reaching enemies that are near impossible to beat quick enough. I don't see anyone lvl 40-50 players farming ice golems. I don't see anyone lvl 50-60 farming feral beast. And so on. The money enemies drop (by difficulty) does NOT match how fast equipment prices go up. Like the next enemy you farm gives 25% extra money (meaning in the end, your income will only be boosted by 25%), however ALL the equipment cost like 50%-100% more. For EACH equipment.

Here is a simple exmple to clearly illustrate my point (i'm not using the in-game info for simplicity, but feel free to verify between tropic shop and 2nd allion shop):

Situation 1 (present): you earn 1 000/hour. One equipment for this situation would cost 8 500, meaning a total budget of 51 000 (8 500 x 6). Getting that money will require 51 hours of grinding.

Situation 2 (your next goal): you earn 1 250/hour (25% more than 1 000). One equipment for this situation would cost 15 300 (80% more than before), meaning a total budget of 91 800. Getting that money will require more than 73 hours of grinding, which is 43% MORE grinding time than before, even if you earn 25% more money.
Joey__ wrote:
"2-3m each day at mushroom" uhh? I'm personally doing at most 60k per hour currently fighting mushroom warriors. Doing my grind for the WHOLE DAY WITHOUT STOPPING only gets 1.4M. And no, i don't believe farming the azulong (blue dragons) for a NORMAL player can give him 2M per day. (Maybe if you were actually grinding the whole 24h, but i don't believe you are grinding 24h every day.). A normal player play at most like 1-2 hours (slightly more on weekends / vacations). So we are still WAY away from "2M per day" at grinding.

Seriously, read ALL the arguments i made BEFORE even attempting to criticise. All you have proven is you are a lazy fool who just want attention instead of trying to help, by saying complete BS stuff.