Why I do not support poison zone nerf.

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
CrazyVanilla
Re: Why I do not support poison zone nerf.

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:42 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:51 pm
Therefore it might not be that bad to just remove poison zone from PvP.
More than likely this would never happen because Robby doesn't want to have separate skills like that. Also, pzone is OP for grinding as well. The only use for every mob under titanium droids is to get money to buy a poison pellet spitter. Once you get that poison pellet spitter, you can skip right up to titanium droids and saw guardians.

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:57 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:42 pm
GeraltOfRivia wrote:
More than likely this would never happen because Robby doesn't want to have separate skills like that. Also, pzone is OP for grinding as well. The only use for every mob under titanium droids is to get money to buy a poison pellet spitter. Once you get that poison pellet spitter, you can skip right up to titanium droids and saw guardians.
Ye that i know, it was just a raw suggestion to see what will ppl say. As for zone even if it will be nerfed it won't fully solve the problem with pellet users, just like it happened with snakes. There are few ways to del with it. Nerf zone is one thing, changing pellet RPM is another. Tho i would say better way would be setting a limit of runes you can put on weapons, depending on its lvl req. F.e make it possible to rune lvl 20-30 gear up to stage 2 or 3, 30-45 up to stage 3 or4- something like that.

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:11 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:57 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:
GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Ye that i know, it was just a raw suggestion to see what will ppl say. As for zone even if it will be nerfed it won't fully solve the problem with pellet users, just like it happened with snakes. There are few ways to del with it. Nerf zone is one thing, changing pellet RPM is another. Tho i would say better way would be setting a limit of runes you can put on weapons, depending on its lvl req. F.e make it possible to rune lvl 20-30 gear up to stage 2 or 3, 30-45 up to stage 3 or4- something like that.
Maybe a level requirement is a good thing, if only for poison.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:16 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
The problem is not that you are ABLE to use just a poison pellet to grind or pvp, it's that you are able to do it at the highest level of gameplay. You SHOULD NOT be able to grind saw guardians (meant for level 100+ player) with a level 20 gun and 1 artillery. You SHOULD NOT be able to deal guaranteed 45 poison damage to someone with full P4 resistance in PvP.

The poison-only build does not have to go extinct, but it should be lowered to more of a mid-tier strategy (closer to 40 poison damage rather than the 60-70 it does now) because of how cheap and skill-less it is to use, and because of how currently you can skip right to the end-game once you get 1million coins basically.

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:43 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:16 pm
GeraltOfRivia wrote:
The problem is not that you are ABLE to use just a poison pellet to grind or pvp, it's that you are able to do it at the highest level of gameplay. You SHOULD NOT be able to grind saw guardians (meant for level 100+ player) with a level 20 gun and 1 artillery. You SHOULD NOT be able to deal guaranteed 45 poison damage to someone with full P4 resistance in PvP.

The poison-only build does not have to go extinct, but it should be lowered to more of a mid-tier strategy (closer to 40 poison damage rather than the 60-70 it does now) because of how cheap and skill-less it is to use, and because of how currently you can skip right to the end-game once you get 1million coins basically.
No matter how you put it, you won't satisfy everyone. Creating a rune limit on low weapons would affect mainly low lvl players and balance chances both in PvE and PvP for similar player lvls.

cinos

Post by cinos » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:50 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
GeraltOfRivia wrote:
And yet you never thought the enemy itself was the problem...which like, it basically has been since addition. I've always been one to say it's frankly the worst thought out enemy since it was easier to do with the spitter than as a warrior. It's not the zone itself that is OP for grinding, it's the droids which are a badly designed enemy, which have gotten like 3 different changes, none of which truly solved the issue of having JUST 100 HP!
Like do you not hear what you are saying? If you nerf the gunman skill and gunman gun, you'll still have the poison bow to worry about, or the WHIP to worry about. Though, obviously you didn't think about buffing the enemy's HP in any way, oddly enough you just worried about nerfing the gun I've been using to kick your αss all week. How peculiar.

Buff droids??? Bruh???
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

cinos

Post by cinos » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:58 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:43 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:16 pm
GeraltOfRivia wrote:

No matter how you put it, you won't satisfy everyone. Creating a rune limit on low weapons would affect mainly low lvl players and balance chances both in PvE and PvP for similar player lvls.
Why do you bother? CV hates it when he can't outlevel things, that's why he hates the balancing rune afterall, and why he never offers solutions besides nerfing it. No "buffing the enemy", no "nerfing zone but adding poison to the drone to have it be as useful as it once was", just "nerf poison because I'm too lazy to dodge, oh and also add a miniscule soft damage boost to gunman, which I will mitigate with warrior defense like the time poison resistance was broken".

Like say your own argument, honestly I'd say yours has been the most cohesive since it isn't about getting your αss handed to you in PVP, it has some merit.

Yes btw nerfing zone and buffing drone with poison is a legitimate case I'm trying to make, I would unironically gladly nerf zone to have that skill actually be worth a dang. I mean, one of the major arguments is that gunman doesn't use much MP? There you go, buff the most worthless skill into what it was at launch.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:09 am

cinos wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:50 pm
And yet you never thought the enemy itself was the problem...which like, it basically has been since addition. I've always been one to say it's frankly the worst thought out enemy since it was easier to do with the spitter than as a warrior. It's not the zone itself that is OP for grinding, it's the droids which are a badly designed enemy, which have gotten like 3 different changes, none of which truly solved the issue of having JUST 100 HP!
Like do you not hear what you are saying? If you nerf the gunman skill and gunman gun, you'll still have the poison bow to worry about, or the WHIP to worry about. Though, obviously you didn't think about buffing the enemy's HP in any way, oddly enough you just worried about nerfing the gun I've been using to kick your αss all week. How peculiar.

Buff droids??? Bruh???
I certainly don't like the design of the droids myself either, but in this case it's really not the problem, because you can grind Saw Guardians just as well as the droids with poison zone + p5 pellet spitter. My point with mentioning them is because technically speaking they are an "end game" enemy which gives a lot of exp and money. (Also, I can grind droids as warrior perfectly fine, not sure what you're on about)

I don't want to nerf the pellet spitter, and I don't want to nerf the poison rune. I want to nerf the poison zone skill which allows poison damage to be comparable, if not even better in some cases to the highest-level gameplay damage. For someone who supposedly doesn't like P2W, it blows my mind you don't see an issue with a level 20 jumping straight to grinding Saw Guardians if they buy & sell some emeralds to afford poison runes to apply to their 150k pellet spitter. Poison itself is not really an issue, as you've said it is a rune that has the ability to maintain more of a balance since it bypasses defense. Something designed to help balance out specific builds is not meant to be meta, it's meant to be there to provide a small assistance for those specific circumstances. Right now, poison-only builds are meta, that's why there is a problem. Also, "don't nerf poison zone because x and y are op too" is not a valid argument at all, lol. Can't believe you even said that really.

Funny how you immediately just go to "your mad I killed you in pvp" to me and zero. I'm not sure what your definition of "kick your αss" is, but I certainty would not say that is anywhere close to true. In fact, If I remember correctly, I showed up to pvp the other day and killed you 2 or 3 times and then you left and went to the other pvp area away from me, if you want to be like this.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:22 am

cinos wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:58 pm
Why do you bother? CV hates it when he can't outlevel things, that's why he hates the balancing rune afterall, and why he never offers solutions besides nerfing it. No "buffing the enemy", no "nerfing zone but adding poison to the drone to have it be as useful as it once was", just "nerf poison because I'm too lazy to dodge, oh and also add a miniscule soft damage boost to gunman, which I will mitigate with warrior defense like the time poison resistance was broken".

Like say your own argument, honestly I'd say yours has been the most cohesive since it isn't about getting your αss handed to you in PVP, it has some merit.

Yes btw nerfing zone and buffing drone with poison is a legitimate case I'm trying to make, I would unironically gladly nerf zone to have that skill actually be worth a dang. I mean, one of the major arguments is that gunman doesn't use much MP? There you go, buff the most worthless skill into what it was at launch.
I really don't know where I would be without you to tell me my own opinions!

I have no idea what you mean by "outlevel things". I'm not anywhere close to being the highest leveled player, and I never will be. I do not have the time or motivation to grind that much.

I don't know where you got the "He hates the poison rune" thing from. In my reply above this, I literally said I don't want to change the poison rune or pellet spitter at all, just the poison zone skill. I actually really like the poison rune, and I agree it does provide balance. But a "balancing rune" should not be a meta "strategy" (if you can even call it that), then you have to balance the balancing rune... which is why we are here now...

Never offers solutions... hm... well clearly this shows your exquisite reading and comprehension skills cinos! From the very beginning I have said that either base damage should be buffed, or some sort of skill(s) should be added to help compensate. I even mentioned a high damage skill, like shotgun from HH, but without the spammy aspect of it. I'm not sure if you can count that high, but that is 2 solutions right there!

"miniscule soft damage boost to gunman, which I will mitigate with warrior defense" Well, now you must be imagining something because I never said anything about the damage boost being miniscule. In fact, I never said anything about how much to boost their damage. Not sure if you heard of the "ice rune" either btw, its yet ANOTHER balancing rune if you can believe it. It lowers the enemies defense, so high defense is much less effective than it once was, not that I even have anywhere close to an outrageous amount of defense. Even with rage, I only have 200k armor output, compared to other classes they usually have like 130-150k, so it's really nothing insane.

"αss handed to you in PVP" see above reply for that one. Crazy you have to mention it twice and to other people as well. Almost as if it isn't true and you think the more times you say it people will start to believe it?

As for buffing drone, I'm not at all opposed to that because it is pretty useless. So, I'll help you count again since you probably need it, that is 3 total solutions that I have agreed with!

cinos

Post by cinos » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:30 am

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:09 am
cinos wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:50 pm

Buff droids??? Bruh???
I certainly don't like the design of the droids myself either, but in this case it's really not the problem, because you can grind Saw Guardians just as well as the droids with poison zone + p5 pellet spitter. My point with mentioning them is because technically speaking they are an "end game" enemy which gives a lot of exp and money. (Also, I can grind droids as warrior perfectly fine, not sure what you're on about)

I don't want to nerf the pellet spitter, and I don't want to nerf the poison rune. I want to nerf the poison zone skill which allows poison damage to be comparable, if not even better in some cases to the highest-level gameplay damage. For someone who supposedly doesn't like P2W, it blows my mind you don't see an issue with a level 20 jumping straight to grinding Saw Guardians if they buy & sell some emeralds to afford poison runes to apply to their 150k pellet spitter. Poison itself is not really an issue, as you've said it is a rune that has the ability to maintain more of a balance since it bypasses defense. Something designed to help balance out specific builds is not meant to be meta, it's meant to be there to provide a small assistance for those specific circumstances. Right now, poison-only builds are meta, that's why there is a problem. Also, "don't nerf poison zone because x and y are op too" is not a valid argument at all, lol. Can't believe you even said that really.

Funny how you immediately just go to "your mad I killed you in pvp" to me and zero. I'm not sure what your definition of "kick your αss" is, but I certainty would not say that is anywhere close to true. In fact, If I remember correctly, I showed up to pvp the other day and killed you 2 or 3 times and then you left and went to the other pvp area away from me, if you want to be like this.
Cap, and also that's a total crap save since if you were actually smart you WOULD be supporting a droids buff, instead of pretending it's a zone problem.

ALSO that is quite amusing, you spent cash on another stat reset after whipmaster didn't work out and YOU are making a point about P2W? This was never about p2w, this was a case about balance, was it not? Actually wouldn't it be more P2W to be completely invincible because no poison exists? You'd just be able to shill out a good set of armor, and now nobody would be able to touch you. Quite the case you made CV, pretending a cheap pellet with an expensive rune is even close to P2W, while also supporting shilling out cash for h5 p5 f5 e5 i5 sets to come close in terms of pvp, plus essentially having wagies do the grinding for you, but really that's a different subject you supported in the past, JUST mentioning it.
Unironically you are a massive hypocrite if you're trying to make this about P2W, when almost all of your suggestions are P2W. Why did you even bother? You might've had an argument, now all I see is someone mad his 30 dollar set didn't do well against someone who didn't pay a single fvcking dime. Cry about it, that is infact the exact opposite of p2w, since I beat you for free, lol. Or are the lower class not allowed to beat you? Does it anger you perhaps? Is it frustrating that someone who makes less money than you is able to wipe the floor with you?
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111