Azulong - Mounting Incomplete?

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Savage0
Azulong - Mounting Incomplete?

Post by Savage0 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:09 pm

Y'know, I would have never discovered that Azulong was mountable if not for someone who was riding one while AFK being "freeze-burned" by like 16 of them.

But I noticed that it looks very pre-release for some reason. Firstly, you can't sprint with it, an auroch beetle, an AUROCH BEETLE can sprint (why can't this?)

Next, the attack: Why does it only spew in a single direction no matter where I click? The enemy mob has no issue changing trajectory, but now that I ride it, it wants to act stupid the heck.

Lastly the wiki page: Could there be a mounting guide on it? Pretty sure the other 3 have such a thing.

That's right, I want it fixed so I can properly commit terrorism hehehe (but seriously, why does it seem incomplete?) If anyone has any further suggestions or would like to revoke this, go ahead, feel free.
KONO DIA DA!

Tracie

Re: Azulong - Mounting Incomplete?

Post by Tracie » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:52 pm

The beetle sprints because that's it's attack. Azulong doesn't sprint but you can still hold shift.

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:07 pm

Tracie wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:52 pm
The beetle sprints because that's it's attack. Azulong doesn't sprint but you can still hold shift.
No, I'm pretty sure the beetle's shift makes you go slightly faster, as for the attack .... that's an attack. As for Azulong, it shows little or no increase in speed when using shift.
KONO DIA DA!

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:50 am

The way the mounts currently work...

Scorpee: Can sprint with Shift and Jump with the Space Bar. Both of its normal attacks are useable with C (pinch) and B (sting).
Night Stalker: Doesn't sprint with shift; fast by default. Can still jump. Has a unique C-button attack when rode on; B button lets it eat food.
Auroch Beetle: Can sprint with Shift and Jump with the Space Bar. Attack with C-button is probably the fastest way to travel in the game.
Azulong: Can't sprint with Shift despite being slower than Night Stalkers. Can still jump. C-button attack cannot be controlled by player.

Basically the Azulong is incomplete as it both lacks a sprint even when it isn't fast by default and its icy breath can't be controlled.

JoMan2

Post by JoMan2 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:56 am

The azulong auto-aims for you

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:41 am

Flashlight237 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:50 am
Azulong: Can't sprint with Shift despite being slower than Night Stalkers. Can still jump. C-button attack cannot be controlled by player.

Basically the Azulong is incomplete as it both lacks a sprint even when it isn't fast by default and its icy breath can't be controlled.
Understandable, have a great day.
KONO DIA DA!

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:00 pm

Well they can't even come to alion city to kill a few nubs. Because they have low jump and speed.

cinos

Post by cinos » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:48 pm

Savage0 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:09 pm
Y'know, I would have never discovered that Azulong was mountable if not for someone who was riding one while AFK being "freeze-burned" by like 16 of them.

But I noticed that it looks very pre-release for some reason. Firstly, you can't sprint with it, an auroch beetle, an AUROCH BEETLE can sprint (why can't this?)

Next, the attack: Why does it only spew in a single direction no matter where I click? The enemy mob has no issue changing trajectory, but now that I ride it, it wants to act stupid the heck.

Lastly the wiki page: Could there be a mounting guide on it? Pretty sure the other 3 have such a thing.

That's right, I want it fixed so I can properly commit terrorism hehehe (but seriously, why does it seem incomplete?) If anyone has any further suggestions or would like to revoke this, go ahead, feel free.
>sprint
I dunno, honestly I have no clue why this thing is competing with the scorpee for the slowest mount. I'm not asking for a nightstalker either, those are cheetahs basically, but yeah I agree that this thing can't be THAT slow really! It's a lizard-like, lizards are fast as fvck!
>attack
It's supposed to home in...but it's broken, of course. Seriously I dunno why robby didn't try to copy paste magic breathe's code...or, MAYBE he did and it didn't work, though that'd require playtesting which I genuinely don't know the amount he does.
>wiki
Cause the wiki is really, really barren, just in general. Just those many things that make it inferior to the HH wiki, like the rune pages having no explanation as to how they work, to the trivia being...uh, well I'll leave that up to interpretation, to most of the new gear not even having pages, and not having a lot of community centered stuff like guild pages (despite the trivia mentioning real guilds mind you), or just general tips. Sure, I don't need those myself, but they'd help a bunch in making the game more presentable, ya dig?

...and obviously, I say that without having contributed to it once...becase I'm sooo classy.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:24 am

cinos wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:48 pm
>wiki
Cause the wiki is really, really barren, just in general. Just those many things that make it inferior to the HH wiki, like the rune pages having no explanation as to how they work, to the trivia being...uh, well I'll leave that up to interpretation, to most of the new gear not even having pages, and not having a lot of community centered stuff like guild pages (despite the trivia mentioning real guilds mind you), or just general tips. Sure, I don't need those myself, but they'd help a bunch in making the game more presentable, ya dig?

...and obviously, I say that without having contributed to it once...becase I'm sooo classy.
Yeah, there's hardly a community in the wiki either. I tried building the thing up and I gave up when Brip's store equipment were the latest equipment.

The Trivia sections are usually present on stuff I've made or Eliapedia entries I've written, and for those two things, it's usually behind the scenes info or "what inspired it?" (which I can easily do since I'm basically a primary source there) or something along the lines. That and misc stuff like "firsts" and stuff. Last major contribution I've ever seen anyone do is make a template for monster navigation, and with that, I helped the maker of the template out with its layout and I've used the template in every monster page since. Equipment navigation was tried, but whoever attempted that just gave up.

Me, personally? I don't support guild pages considering they aren't official so much as they are player-created content. Wikis tend to be stingy around that sort of stuff; otherwise we wouldn't have fanon wikis.