Ice rune PVP implementation

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
CrazyVanilla

Re: Ice rune PVP implementation

Post by CrazyVanilla » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:32 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:06 pm
What kind of lame excuse is "no one asked?" Every game I've played uses "fire melts ice." Your lame excuse doesn't mean jack.
"Every game I've played" is not Eliatopia.

Pretty much nothing about Eliatopia is realistic anyways, why should this be?

You use the same arguments about the shop closing (which is not even realistic in its current way if you want to try and argue that point..), and the argument is "lame and doesn't mean jack" anyways.

Why should you be allowed to put fire and ice runes on the same weapon? Because as Robby mentioned, one of the key features of the game is "building the ultimate set + weapon(s)". Not to mention the fact there is no way to remove runes from weapons, so most players wouldn't be able to use the ice rune anyways unless they wanted to build an entirely new weapon for it, which likely is not worth it at all, at least until the next generation of weapons are released.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:08 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:32 pm
Flashlight237 wrote:
What kind of lame excuse is "no one asked?" Every game I've played uses "fire melts ice." Your lame excuse doesn't mean jack.
Again, a lame excuse. Even games more fantastical than Eliatopia, ex. Minecraft and Pokemon, use FIRE MELTS ICE. Stop making lame excuses and actually WANT the game to be good. The reason why I have the opinions I have and BACK THEM UP WITH FACTS is because I want the game to be BETTER, not WORSE. If I'm NOT ALLOWED to back my opinions with FACTS, what the he|| am I supposed to do?! Sit back and watch the community get further blinded by ignorance and stupidity? That kind of IGNORANCE is why I keep getting as DEFENSIVE and RAGEY as nobody WANTS meto be!

cinos

Post by cinos » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:43 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:08 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:
Flashlight237 wrote:
Again, a lame excuse. Even games more fantastical than Eliatopia, ex. Minecraft and Pokemon, use FIRE MELTS ICE. Stop making lame excuses and actually WANT the game to be good. The reason why I have the opinions I have and BACK THEM UP WITH FACTS is because I want the game to be BETTER, not WORSE. If I'm NOT ALLOWED to back my opinions with FACTS, what the he|| am I supposed to do?! Sit back and watch the community get further blinded by ignorance and stupidity? That kind of IGNORANCE is why I keep getting as DEFENSIVE and RAGEY as nobody WANTS meto be!
Yeah but like- freezer burn :v
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

masnam

Post by masnam » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:36 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
CrazyVanilla wrote:
Flashlight237 wrote:
Well I mean while that does make logical sense I do agree on robby with making an ultimate weapon. Plus a lot of things dont make sense in eliatopia

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:53 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
CrazyVanilla wrote:
Flashlight237 wrote:
Stop comparing other games to this one? It literally means jack poop what Minecraft or Pokemon or Animal Crossing does. Literally. Jack. poop. Sure, suggesting ideas based from other games which will actually have a meaningful impact on the game, I.E. make it more enjoyable for players is fine. But news flash, this one doesn't.

Minecraft has "fire melts ice" because its a core mechanic revolving around building. The mechanic is / can actually be used in building structures or farms. But guess what? There is also "packed ice" which doesn't get melted, because the "fire melts ice" mechanic became an annoyance, even if it had merit. Dunno about you, but I've never met any piece of ice IRL that some molten lava couldn't melt, but realism!

Pokemon has "fire melts ice" because like Minecraft, its a core mechanic of the game. Pokemon battle each other, and their typing is one of the biggest aspects of those battles. Fire types resist ice type moves, and fire type moves are super effective on ice type Pokemon. But guess what? Some Pokemon can learn both fire and ice type moves, why are you not ranting to Pokemon how thats not realistic????!

Eliatopia should have "fire melts ice" because __________. I can't think of any reason why it should, actually I think it would be much better if you could have both fire and ice runes on your weapon. Oh wait, I forgot about realism in a fictitious game, right. Lets make a "feature" in the game revolving around green eliatopians and killing monsters to prohibit players from using a type of rune on their weapons (one of the biggest mechanics of the game btw), because, well, REALISM!!!

A fictitious game doesn't need realism to be good, lol. That one really made me laugh, guess you are saying the entire game is and never will be good, because ya know, its based off of fictitious characters and scenarios.

For a player like yourself who doesn't grind, and doesn't strive for the highest equipment and upgrading it all to max, you don't understand how much of a disappointment it would be if Ice runes came out and no one could use them because they already had fire on their weapons, which costs Multi millions each to create, and frankly there is not one reason why that should be the case at all.

cinos

Post by cinos » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:55 pm

Yeah Vanilla does bring a good point in this, and Robby did say he wants players to make mega weapons with runes, especially when we can't really think of any creative uses for these runes besides limiting players. If no creative uses can be found, we should not add elemental limits, probably, maybe.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111