Rebalance certain enemies (updated)

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
CrazyVanilla
Rebalance certain enemies (updated)

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:19 pm

So pretty much every mob added after the cave areas are either useless or the same as grinding in the caves. I think some of these enemies should be rebalanced to give more exp and money so they are actually useful to grind, as right now they are not. Afterall, the sets have gotten A LOT more expensive compared to the first level sets in Cheapos which are about cave-level sets, but money has not gotten any easier to get...

Great Frog - This enemy is pretty much useless, I have tried grinding them and there is no point to it. I have very rarely seen anyone else grind them as well. It currently gives 55 exp which isn't bad, but the drops are horrible and spawn rate is meh. I think this should be a more tanky mob (perhaps more hp and defense?) and raised to 60-65 exp and given a few more decent selling drops ($1k-$5k each), or increasing the rate of current good drops like Natures bow. Perhaps also slightly increase the spawn rate or make the area a little be easier to navigate (able to jump over the fence without going up the ladder).

Night Stalker - Currently gives 58 exp, this enemy is one of the better ones in the game, however still worse than the cave or leaflings. I think because of it mainly spawning inside the cage and only at night time, it should be more lethal and more rewarding (Move fast, a lot of damage, but good drops and good exp). I suggest bringing this enemy to 70 exp and slightly increasing its spawn time as its pretty slow. Also remove the ability to kill Stalkers that are inside the cage by a player outside the cage

Scorpee - For the most part this enemy is pretty balanced I feel. I do think it could benefit from a few extra drops though to make the money from it a bit better, nothing crazy just a few more $1k-$3k drops from it to make it another alternative to the caves or leaflings.

Auroch Beetle - I've now spent quite a bit of time grinding the beetles now, and I can say, for their stats, they are trash to grind. This is because of their incredibly slow spawn time and poor drop rates of items (because spawns are so slow the items drops are affected as well in terms of a money/time standpoint). Even if you are solo farming them, you can kill them much faster than they spawn and Stalagmites are still far better to grind. I suggest changing the spawn time from the current ~65 seconds down to ~20-25 seconds. I know this may seem fast, but the beetle is clearly not meant for level 30's-low 40's to grind it, and currently they are the only ones that do. Higher levels can handle the faster spawn rate without "getting run over"

To be clear I understand the exp an enemy gives is based off of its stats, by suggesting increasing the exp it gives, I am suggesting to increase its stats in order to give it that exp, not just change the exp only.
Last edited by CrazyVanilla on Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Artemis

Re: Rebalance certain enemies

Post by Artemis » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:32 pm

I agree with just about everything said, support.
Goddess of the hunt

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Support, seriously .... how does one acquire any new sets nowadays xd.
KONO DIA DA!

MAGA

Post by MAGA » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:32 pm

BIG SUPPORT
I farmed the beetles for about an hour today alone 90% of the time and only made 6-8k gold from drops... they need better drops. They spawn so slow and there is so few that spawn you almost get no item drops and when you do finally get items they are basically worthless.

SasukeArcher

Post by SasukeArcher » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:36 pm

Support :D :D !

SUB TO TRAPFISH GAMING

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:25 pm

While I don't really care for the other guys, I wouldn't mind an increase in drop rates for the Great Frog as it would balance the Great Frog with both its statistical counterpart (Logons) and the other HH monsters. Dunno if the Nature Bow like you've mentioned is indeed the best drop or if there was something I've missed. I had listed Log Helmets and Wood Gem Wands in my initial drop list suggestion, so I would think adding the Log Helmet and the Wood Gem Wand to the Great Frog would help its case. Definitely increase the drop rates, though.

As for the Auroch Beetle, I'm wondering if the Knight Shield and Lunatic Helmet exists in them and that's what was causing their drop rates to be so low, but if that's not the case, I'd definitely add the Knight Shield and Lunatic Helmet if I were Robby. If that IS already the case, though, I'd definitely increase the drop rates of the Taiko Drum and everything below it, probably to about 1.5-2x the Scorpee's drop rates (2.5x for Stop Sign and below) for comparable items given the Auroch Beetle's stats (16.8x more endurance and 7.8x more damage output than the Scorpee; wow!).

Personally, I would think 60 seconds is fairer than about 66 seconds, but still enough to keep players from getting themselves mauled. At least I think Robby's reasoning for the low spawn rates is to protect people from getting mauled.

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:52 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:25 pm
While I don't really care for the other guys, I wouldn't mind an increase in drop rates for the Great Frog as it would balance the Great Frog with both its statistical counterpart (Logons) and the other HH monsters. Dunno if the Nature Bow like you've mentioned is indeed the best drop or if there was something I've missed. I had listed Log Helmets and Wood Gem Wands in my initial drop list suggestion, so I would think adding the Log Helmet and the Wood Gem Wand to the Great Frog would help its case. Definitely increase the drop rates, though.

As for the Auroch Beetle, I'm wondering if the Knight Shield and Lunatic Helmet exists in them and that's what was causing their drop rates to be so low, but if that's not the case, I'd definitely add the Knight Shield and Lunatic Helmet if I were Robby. If that IS already the case, though, I'd definitely increase the drop rates of the Taiko Drum and everything below it, probably to about 1.5-2x the Scorpee's drop rates (2.5x for Stop Sign and below) for comparable items given the Auroch Beetle's stats (16.8x more endurance and 7.8x more damage output than the Scorpee; wow!).

Personally, I would think 60 seconds is fairer than about 66 seconds, but still enough to keep players from getting themselves mauled. At least I think Robby's reasoning for the low spawn rates is to protect people from getting mauled.
Beetle drops a lot of moonlight stuff like sickle scythe and shield(all confirmed by myself) so drops are not that bad at all compare to others, althrough i wouldn't mind getting something worth way more than those listed.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:00 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:52 pm
Beetle drops a lot of moonlight stuff like sickle scythe and shield(all confirmed by myself) so drops are not that bad at all compare to others, althrough i wouldn't mind getting something worth way more than those listed.
Okay, shield, got it.

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:03 am

Flashlight237 wrote:
I had listed Log Helmets and Wood Gem Wands in my initial drop list suggestion, so I would think adding the Log Helmet and the Wood Gem Wand to the Great Frog would help its case. Definitely increase the drop rates, though.
grtlog.PNG
grtlog.PNG (32.31KiB)Viewed 589 times
Wow .... I knew seeing that as a "rare" drop was too good to be true, but now I also know it was never even a possible drop xd got 2 nature bows and was wondering where the log helmet(s) were.
KONO DIA DA!

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:06 pm

Savage0 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:03 am
Flashlight237 wrote:
I had listed Log Helmets and Wood Gem Wands in my initial drop list suggestion, so I would think adding the Log Helmet and the Wood Gem Wand to the Great Frog would help its case. Definitely increase the drop rates, though.

grtlog.PNG
Wow .... I knew seeing that as a "rare" drop was too good to be true, but now I also know it was never even a possible drop xd got 2 nature bows and was wondering where the log helmet(s) were.
Oh yeah. That. That one popped up when people were collecting information on the Great Frog's drop list.