Crabs Not Spawning or Getting Lost

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
Flashlight237
Crabs Not Spawning or Getting Lost

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:17 am

So apparently, its easy to lose crabs in this area: http://prntscr.com/pyb9nt

I dunno if its because crabs stop spawning in that area (there are some crab spawners there) or if its because the crabs are easy to lose behind the walls, but its easy to lose crabs either way. I think this will be fixed when more parts of this map are built, granted, but I figured I'd point it out nonetheless. Ideally, I think a good amount of above-water land in the bottom part of the section should allow for better visibility and thus less crabs being lost.

Robby
Site Admin

Re: Crabs Not Spawning or Getting Lost

Post by Robby » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:12 pm

Hmm, what do you mean exactly by them being lost? Are they simply hiding behind scenery, or do you mean the spawning is busted and the crab aren't spawning anywhere?

Jakub34

Post by Jakub34 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:28 pm

The spawn rates look fine to me. I tried seeing if those crabs can fall off the area, but it looks like they just border it like the player. My only guess would be that you did not kill the crabs below, or they are hiding behind the trees. Crabs hiding behind the trees did not really seem like an issue though, unless the player is around the crabs. Even then, they will quickly wonder from out of the trees.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:35 pm

The area I've pointed out (where the Under Development wall is) is kinda wide open. I'm wondering if the crabs are maybe somehow getting under the right side of the hill and falling through the floor? I dunno. I only had times where I found crabs hiding behind the mountainous walls once.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:07 pm

Ok thanks for pointing this out. I went ahead and double checked, and one of the wall collider's didn't fully extend downward, meaning the crabs could go through one of the walls and fall of the map. So this will be patched in the next update. Thanks for pointing out these bugs guys. :)