KOTH Jackpot not fulfilling winnings

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
Pro_xGamer
Re: KOTH Jackpot not fulfilling winnings

Post by Pro_xGamer » Wed May 25, 2022 6:20 pm

TheWood wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:09 pm
Pro_xGamer wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 12:29 pm
how 1.2 milion!!!? :?:
Maybe a lot of players were online and he got lucky.
i think u right
The only pro player in America sweating in Eliatopia

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Thu May 26, 2022 12:42 pm

@CrazyVanilla Ok, this should just be a syncing issue. The server keeps track of your true time, and the signs on the client end keep track of what it estimates are the servers time, so that you can see your score in real-time. Whenever you step on/off, the server broadcasts your true time to you. So there for whatever reason, the server must be counting up your time SLIGHTLY slower than what your client is. I'll see if I can adjust it a little to get it less out of sync for next update. If it's still too far off after that, I'll have to try a different solution.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Thu May 26, 2022 12:51 pm

Robby wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 12:42 pm
@CrazyVanilla Ok, this should just be a syncing issue. The server keeps track of your true time, and the signs on the client end keep track of what it estimates are the servers time, so that you can see your score in real-time. Whenever you step on/off, the server broadcasts your true time to you. So there for whatever reason, the server must be counting up your time SLIGHTLY slower than what your client is. I'll see if I can adjust it a little to get it less out of sync for next update. If it's still too far off after that, I'll have to try a different solution.
The main issue is not necessarily that we have to go over 10 minutes sometimes, thats pretty manageable, but if there is another player on the KOTH and you step off then back on when you have more then 10 minutes, I think they will win. I'm not sure EXACTLY how it works, but I have experienced other players winning the KOTH who don't have 10 minutes when I do, that is the real issue, and I think it is related.

To provide an example:
Say me and you are on the KOTH. I have 9 minutes collected and you have 10:30 collected (sometimes you have to go like close to 11minutes for it to register a win currently). If you step off, it may automatically just register me as the winner, even tho I don't even have 10 minutes yet, but because you had more than 10 minutes then stepped off, I think the game registers that someone won, but since you stepped off I must be the one that one, if that makes sense?

The other issue is even if that doesn't happen, because you stepped off and back on, even say you only SHOULD have lost 5 seconds of your lead in that case, which shouldn't be an issue for you since you have such a lead. But it may lower your time all the way down to like 8:30, so then you lost your lead and now I would win the KOTH assuming I could stand there until it was finished.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Thu May 26, 2022 12:55 pm

Ah ok, yea that sounds like an issue. In the example you stated, the player that steps on the KOTH hill, is there time near the 10 minute mark as well, or is it no where even close? Also, just to make sure they did win, the alert celebration text says that they won, correct?

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Thu May 26, 2022 12:59 pm

Robby wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 12:55 pm
Ah ok, yea that sounds like an issue. In the example you stated, the player that steps on the KOTH hill, is there time near the 10 minute mark as well, or is it no where even close? Also, just to make sure they did win, the alert celebration text says that they won, correct?
It doesn't even have to be close. I had it one time where I had over 10 minutes and GonDup stepped on with like 30 seconds of time and when I stepped off he won. In that case, the celebration text did say that GonDup won. I haven't experienced it personally, but 2 of my guild mates (UrFather and GonDup) have said that they won KOTHs, even the celebration text showing they won, but the money did not go to their atm and instead went to another player that was participating, but didn't win it.

Stormzy

Post by Stormzy » Thu May 26, 2022 1:29 pm

TheWood wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:09 pm
Pro_xGamer wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 12:29 pm
how 1.2 milion!!!? :?:
Maybe a lot of players were online and he got lucky.
he has photographic proof of it being 1.2m

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Thu May 26, 2022 6:22 pm

Ok thanks for the info. I just found a few problems that may have caused it. Just let me know if the issue (or any others) still persist.