Whipmaster vs Ice walls...

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
CrazyVanilla
Whipmaster vs Ice walls...

Post by CrazyVanilla » Tue May 10, 2022 12:39 am

So basically, the ice caves are pretty much pointless to try and grind at as a whipmaster, seeing as it takes literally 5 years and a bunch of mp to break the ice walls and actually move around the area to grind. I'm not sure what the fix is to this but compared to other classes this is horribly slow, like basically makes the ice caves un-grindable for whipmasters because you can't compete at all. Perhaps make it so that a whip deals tip damage and rune damage to the walls?

Here is a video of me, a level 95 whipmaster with 159 finesse and a maxed whip trying to break the ice walls :?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyFgowZ ... e=youtu.be

cinos

Re: Whipmaster vs Ice walls...

Post by cinos » Tue May 10, 2022 2:04 am

Whirl still seems faster than warrior melee ngl
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Tue May 10, 2022 2:59 am

cinos wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 2:04 am
Whirl still seems faster than warrior melee ngl
also uses like 50 mp tho

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue May 10, 2022 1:54 pm

Hmm, I thought I had it so that the whip tip multiplier isn't calculated in, but neither is non-tip damage. So I think it should just default to the same calculation as say, a warrior. Would a warrior be able to destroy it in a similar amount of time, or are you saying it's a whipmaster only issue?

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Tue May 10, 2022 2:41 pm

Robby wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:54 pm
Hmm, I thought I had it so that the whip tip multiplier isn't calculated in, but neither is non-tip damage. So I think it should just default to the same calculation as say, a warrior. Would a warrior be able to destroy it in a similar amount of time, or are you saying it's a whipmaster only issue?
I haven't tried it as a warrior, though warrior does have rage (and the option for 2 weapons which is a much faster attack than whipmaster), so if rage contributes to the damage then whipmaster is definitely much slower than that. Cinos can probably speak better on that given he is a warrior. The biggest thing is archers can 1 tap the walls with arrow hoard, and cowboys shred through them with their high DPS (and high damage with money power). Basically archer or cowboy can go through all 3 walls in the time it takes me to go through 1, lol. Again, not sure on warrior since I haven't seen many grinding there and haven't tried it myself.

cinos

Post by cinos » Tue May 10, 2022 7:01 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 2:41 pm
Robby wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:54 pm
I haven't tried it as a warrior, though warrior does have rage (and the option for 2 weapons which is a much faster attack than whipmaster), so if rage contributes to the damage then whipmaster is definitely much slower than that. Cinos can probably speak better on that given he is a warrior. The biggest thing is archers can 1 tap the walls with arrow hoard, and cowboys shred through them with their high DPS (and high damage with money power). Basically archer or cowboy can go through all 3 walls in the time it takes me to go through 1, lol. Again, not sure on warrior since I haven't seen many grinding there and haven't tried it myself.
Nope, rage doesn't help at all from what I've played of the caves, probably for the same reason power smash makes no difference (if actual damage was the thing taken into account it would lower the rocks with one hit).

there you go.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Sadomasoquista

Post by Sadomasoquista » Wed May 11, 2022 2:12 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 12:39 am
So basically, the ice caves are pretty much pointless to try and grind at as a whipmaster, seeing as it takes literally 5 years and a bunch of mp to break the ice walls and actually move around the area to grind. I'm not sure what the fix is to this but compared to other classes this is horribly slow, like basically makes the ice caves un-grindable for whipmasters because you can't compete at all. Perhaps make it so that a whip deals tip damage and rune damage to the walls?

Here is a video of me, a level 95 whipmaster with 159 finesse and a maxed whip trying to break the ice walls :?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyFgowZ ... e=youtu.be
This happens becuase the damage to objects, like walls or antenas, are based on non-tip hits. That's because you don't upgrade the the "tip boost" skill.

I suggest to change the "tip boost" for a non-tip hit boost, that will be more usefull for whipmaster.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Thu May 12, 2022 1:31 pm

Ok, I've got this changed for next update so whip tip damage will be taken into account for damageable environmental objects. Which includes the ice blocks and the satellites in the Nature Factory.