Duped Items in Vendor???

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
Savage0

Duped Items in Vendor???

Post by Savage0 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:38 am

Ok so today, I attended the daily drone drop event ..... and I am CLEARLY sure that I saw a element wand drop down and that I picked it up (I heard the noise cue), afterwards the drone started dropping shitty items, but I believe I still picked 1 or more things up.
However: When the drone finally left, I opened my inventory and saw that there was nothing there, even though I heard the looting Sound Effect like 1-3 times :| :| :|
I'm thinking the item was duped or something, im not too sure as it didn't remain in my inventory (no, im not asking for compensation .... even though I needed that wand, lmao).
KONO DIA DA!

cinos

Re: Duped Items in Vendor???

Post by cinos » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:46 am

Savage0 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:38 am
Ok so today, I attended the daily drone drop event ..... and I am CLEARLY sure that I saw a element wand drop down and that I picked it up (I heard the noise cue), afterwards the drone started dropping shitty items, but I believe I still picked 1 or more things up.
However: When the drone finally left, I opened my inventory and saw that there was nothing there, even though I heard the looting Sound Effect like 1-3 times :| :| :|
I'm thinking the item was duped or something, im not too sure as it didn't remain in my inventory (no, im not asking for compensation .... even though I needed that wand, lmao).
Maybe you picked up something you already had but didn't pay attention to, I.E. food?
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:53 am

cinos wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:46 am

Maybe you picked up something you already had but didn't pay attention to, I.E. food?
No, I cleared my inventory of literally everything unimportant, and I didn't have anything stacked. It was in area 6, so I would definitely drop any crap that I picked up b4 the drone came. (and as I said, my inventory had nothing new in it by the time the drone left.)
KONO DIA DA!

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:09 pm

Were there some other players there trying to quickly pick the items up as well? I'm assuming, chances are that you and a few players were trying to quickly snatch up the items and multiple players tried to pick up the same item at once. Due to the timing between messages going from clients to servers, you may have appeared to have grabbed the item, but once the "pick the item up" message was received by the server it likely determined that another player actually picked it up before you. This would be my guess as to why that happened.

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:04 pm

Robby wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:09 pm
Were there some other players there trying to quickly pick the items up as well? I'm assuming, chances are that you and a few players were trying to quickly snatch up the items and multiple players tried to pick up the same item at once. Due to the timing between messages going from clients to servers, you may have appeared to have grabbed the item, but once the "pick the item up" message was received by the server it likely determined that another player actually picked it up before you. This would be my guess as to why that happened.
I guess that would be a valid explanation, and *hopefully* that's the case :P .
KONO DIA DA!