Eliapedia Entry Corrections

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
Flashlight237

Eliapedia Entry Corrections

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:24 am

Hey there. So, since the Eliapedia can be edited (as noted when the font color bug was fixed in Ooze Horror's and Lumbercore's entries, I figured I'd put in a few corrections. Here's what I got.

Petunia: You forgot to remove the "provisional logbook entry" portion when you copy-pasted my observations on them (much of what was written for the Eliapedia were based on my personal observations and the game's story)
Shagdaw: There's an extra period at the end of the final sentence.
Spiked Squisher: The last sentence would best be rewritten as the following: The spiked squisher's body is made out of mud much like the Ground Spitter.
Ground Spitter: Given Ground Spitters are twice as big as Spiky Squishers (who are made of the same material), their weight would better be written as "49 lbs." The last sentence should be rewritten as followed: Since their body is made out of hardened mud built into a tall, cylindrical shape, Ground Spitters have little or no pain receptors.
Dumtilian: Given the Eliapedia entry of the Ooze, the final sentence of the Dumtilian's Eliapedia entry can be rewritten as the following: Their natural diet is unknown since Dumtillians weren't found outside the sewers; however, they have eaten escaping pools of Ooze, preventing them from polluting the environment.
Ooze: The "however" in the first sentence should be removed.
Rafflesia: The last sentence should be rewritten like so: Their bite force allows rafflesias to pierce through skin and possibly break bones in unprotected humans.
Stalagmite: Given their official name, all remaining instances of the word "stalker" can be removed.
Scorpee: Given the Eliapedia entries are organized by when monsters first appeared in-game, the Scorpee's entry should be placed after the Batling's. This statement would be added in order to explain why they let players ride them.: "Mysteriously, the Scorpee allows people to ride it. This could be the result of the evolution of domestication on Eliatopia or as a result of the teachings of Moonchyllus and her twelve-goddess pantheon."
Lumbercore: The semicolon in front of "Consciousness Research Facility" should be removed.

So yeah, there's that.

Robby
Site Admin

Re: Eliapedia Entry Corrections

Post by Robby » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:16 pm

Ah, looks like I missed quite a few things in the descriptions! Thanks, I'll get these fixed shortly.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:06 am

Robby wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:16 pm
Ah, looks like I missed quite a few things in the descriptions! Thanks, I'll get these fixed shortly.
Minor corrections. Aside from all I've listed for the Scorpee, the last two instances of the word "Stalagmite" should be plural: http://prntscr.com/v1zosk

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:07 pm

Thanks, I've got this fixed now.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:13 pm

Robby wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:07 pm
Thanks, I've got this fixed now.
Alright, cool.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:44 pm

More monsters were added. You know what that means? More Eliapedia Entry corrections!

Puff Monster: The first sentence would be rewritten as "Although puff monsters are about as large as Grunts, puff monsters are lighter than Grunts due to their hollow bodies." The whole air thing wouldn't fit well with their weight of 295 lbs. The last sentence could be written as "According to folklore, Puff Monsters were native to Helmetopia and were introduced to Eliatopia by the creator goddess Moonchyllus." Also, an addition to its entry would account for its capability to generate electricity.: "It generates electricity due to its diet of electrical Stagnant Scum."
Great Frog: The first "sometimes" needs an s at the end. Also, since envenomation always ignores size (look at puffer fish; those tiny-butt things have enough venom to kill 30 people) and I've managed to get a Scorpee to push against one frog and evenly match two frogs, the explanation for Scorpee predation on Great Frogs is best rewritten as the following.: "Due to the Scorpee's superior strength and potent venom, Great Frogs often fall prey to Scorpees." The last sentence can be rewritten as the following: "While Great Frogs are generally friendly, there had been increasing signs of aggression towards humans as of late. The only plausible explanation for this spike of aggression would be a call for action against Xantis by Moonchyllus, as noted by the actions of Logons and Stalagmites." A small addition, somewhere between the Scorpee predation explanation and the aggression of Great Frogs, there could be an explanation for their poisonous nature: "Great Frogs secrete more bufotoxin from their skin than Earth's cane toads, allowing them to poison attacking animals."
Scorpee: Repeated showings of physical strength from the Scorpee (being able to overpower two Grunts and match the strength of two Great Frogs), an addition to their Eliapedia entry should be implemented: "In ancient times, Scorpees were used as riding animals and as draft animals that pulled cargo and plowed farmland, practices which were taught by Moonchyllus and a pantheon of 12 goddesses according to folklore."

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:35 pm

Bump