Mage forcefield jumping

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
cinos
Re: Mage forcefield jumping

Post by cinos » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:16 pm

aiyaa771 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:59 pm
Robby wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:51 pm
Gah, unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce this issue, making it hard for me to patch. Any more info on it that may be helpful for me? Is it easy for you to replicate, or is it something difficult?
In all honesty, I don't really think that this breaks the game because honestly most low level players who are trying to do these missions and quests can't even hop these fences. I think the unintentional feature is pretty useful. Although it does leave mages with a disadvantage when it comes to pvp... like there were super OP in the first place or something.
I like how the only period where wizard was op in pvp has basically nothing to do with skill or power, it was merely the inability of fighting back.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

MaxBlue01

Post by MaxBlue01 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:32 pm

skylerr wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:56 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:45 pm
So the mage forcefield allows players to get bounced around by grenades and exploding smash. It can be used to bypass gates and get "out of bounds". Basically, all you have todo is activate the mage forcefield and you will get thrown around by grenades and exploding smash.
Fr I use that poop for cortex it’s lowkey op pls don’t ban it rubby but I will admit it’s op
How about we actually fix this exploit AND change how the doors work (so that there isn't a rupture with the players who can't do the exploit to progress the game, because everyone don't want to help players at the gate)? Like instead of having 4 players to open the door, how about having the first door also open on a timer? (like every minute) Also, maybe instead of 3 minutes per arena (total of 12 min, which is very long), how about making each arena last 1 minute? (Making a total of 4-5 minutes to cross, assuming no cheesing to skip an entire arena by running fast enough).

There could be an area change where players who already reached the story book can unlock a shortcut to skip the 4 monsters arenas and go straight to the boss. (Something like the shortcut between Teplar village and allion city through PvP area).

skylerr

Post by skylerr » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:45 am

MaxBlue01 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:32 pm
skylerr wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:56 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:45 pm
So the mage forcefield allows players to get bounced around by grenades and exploding smash. It can be used to bypass gates and get "out of bounds". Basically, all you have todo is activate the mage forcefield and you will get thrown around by grenades and exploding smash.
Fr I use that poop for cortex it’s lowkey op pls don’t ban it rubby but I will admit it’s op
How about we actually fix this exploit AND change how the doors work (so that there isn't a rupture with the players who can't do the exploit to progress the game, because everyone don't want to help players at the gate)? Like instead of having 4 players to open the door, how about having the first door also open on a timer? (like every minute) Also, maybe instead of 3 minutes per arena (total of 12 min, which is very long), how about making each arena last 1 minute? (Making a total of 4-5 minutes to cross, assuming no cheesing to skip an entire arena by running fast enough).

There could be an area change where players who already reached the story book can unlock a shortcut to skip the 4 monsters arenas and go straight to the boss. (Something like the shortcut between Teplar village and allion city through PvP area).
first of all im kidding lmfao. second of all clearly robby will try and fix but you could put barriers on say cortex wall, but there needs to be a space to exit. so you could still do it. robby knows about it now so he will work on it lol.

JoMan2

Post by JoMan2 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:41 pm

Im pretty sure you fixed it with shrapnel skill where it would launch someone away. Heres a vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWxlpvSHWr4

C0ck

Post by C0ck » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:10 pm

I also have a vid :twisted: but, it's slow-mo https://www.kapwing.com/videos/630269a8378e7f0532dc06b4

Seems to me that the player is jumping on top of the explosion.

JoMan2

Post by JoMan2 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:05 pm

You’re gonna fix or not mrRobby :lol: