Rage affecting non warrior attacks

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
cinos
Rage affecting non warrior attacks

Post by cinos » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:10 pm

Okay this is ridiculous. You can use non warrior moves, switch to a warrior weapon with rage on, and they will do massive damage, these include grenades, homing arrows (INCLUDING the baby arrows which legit turn you into tissue paper), and tornadoes.
You know the deal, just make them despawn when switching a weapon, like how it's done with snakes and storm clouds after those were rage boosted unintentionally. It's REALLY ballzy, someone should record how strong this is cause jfc.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Robby
Site Admin

Re: Rage affecting non warrior attacks

Post by Robby » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:10 pm

Just so I'm understanding correctly, you are saying you do these steps?:

1. Equip whip.
2. Summon tornado.
3. Change to a sword.
4. Go into rage.
5. Tornado now does rage damage.

Is that correct?

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:08 pm

Robby wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:10 pm
Just so I'm understanding correctly, you are saying you do these steps?:

1. Equip whip.
2. Summon tornado.
3. Change to a sword.
4. Go into rage.
5. Tornado now does rage damage.

Is that correct?
Yes, tornado will deal damage several times before disappearing.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:30 pm

Ok thanks for the info. Just curious how easy is this to pull off? Unless I'm understanding wrong, this seems to be a pain to pull off in a short time frame. You have to cast the tornado, change the warrior weapon, then cast rage. At most it seems like I'd only get a hit or two out of it and not benefit much from the work. Or am I misunderstanding?

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:33 pm

It's possible to activate rage, switch to whip, summon tornado, switch to sword and tornado will still get a bonus in rage damage.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:44 pm

Ah ok gotcha. So the main issue is rage not going away when switching from a warrior weapon. I thought I'd fixed this a long time ago, but I guess not. Anyway, I should have this fixed today, thanks for the info!

mike

Post by mike » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:18 pm

Robby wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:44 pm
Ah ok gotcha. So the main issue is rage not going away when switching from a warrior weapon. I thought I'd fixed this a long time ago, but I guess not. Anyway, I should have this fixed today, thanks for the info!
its not just bc of rage, warriors can time it right by doing homing arrow and switching to a warrior weapon and the homing arrow deals huge dmg, also works for clouds and alot of other skills
go watch breaking bad
eliatopia discord:(if you have one) https://discord.gg/qFcKTtS
my discord:.mike#1112

cinos

Post by cinos » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:26 pm

mike wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:18 pm
Robby wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:44 pm
its not just bc of rage, warriors can time it right by doing homing arrow and switching to a warrior weapon and the homing arrow deals huge dmg, also works for clouds and alot of other skills
Yeah but he is now just going to turn off rage when switching to completely remove the possibility of this happening again.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:45 pm

ALL skills should be instantly de-activated when the player is no longer holding the weapon type to cast that skill. That is the issue here, you can spawn homing arrows or a tornado then switch weapons and the arrows / tornado remains. Rage remaining is not really the issue because its only visual, it doesn't actually increase your damage if you do not have a warrior weapon equipped, it's the other skills lasting once you've switched weapons that is the issue.

Also for the tornado, you have to hold a whip, press N to activate it, then quickly switch to a different weapon type BEFORE the tornado finishes spawning in. If you try to switch weapons AFTER the tornado already exists, I am pretty sure it will disappear.

Video: https://youtu.be/jILnp8q3kzU
Last edited by CrazyVanilla on Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cinos

Post by cinos » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:12 pm

Still works lmfao :c
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111