Roll every player's data back before the update 0.67 became live.

Talk about anything Eliatopia related.
noire
Roll every player's data back before the update 0.67 became live.

Post by noire » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:53 pm

Players that indulged themselves on the dupe exploit transferred the items bought using duped coins through:

- Dropping the items and have their alternate user pick them up.
- Trade
- Pit

As for the duped coins, they also transferred them to multiple alternate accounts through:

- Trade
- Killing the user with duped coins on PvP area using their alternate account, picking it up right after death.

Game admin, this is just me reminding but after you have fixed the dupe exploit please,
If possible, do a rollback on every player's data right before you uploaded the 0.67 update.
EXP, Coins picked, Items picked, Trade, Items bought from vendor, Emeralds bought from vendor, and anything else that I might have forgot to mention.
This would wipe out the damage caused by duped coins to the Eliatopian economy.
- End

noire

Re: Roll every player's data back before the update 0.67 became live.

Post by noire » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:55 pm

Repost to secure attention.
- End

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:00 pm

Mm, yes, I love me some reposted demands for a rollback in the morning.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:03 pm

Ok just to clarify some things here. I didn't rollback data, as that is usually a LAST DITCH resort. And fortunately I was able to avoid having to do that. However, I did use back up data to track down and remove duped money and items.

Just to summarize. Before the exploit there was around 850,000,000 in the game's economy in ATMs. After the exploit took place, that numbers sky rocketed up to around 8,000,000,000. I tracked most of it down, and it is back down right to around where it was pre-exploit. You can check the game's economy data here to verify: https://eliatopia.com/Economy.php

Additionally, I tracked down as much duped items as I could as well. While I don't have it displayed on the game's economy page yet, I can run a calculation to see the total value of ALL items currently held on all players. To put it short, I've got that number back to around where it was pre-exploit as well.

So in conclusion, I'd estimate that about 97% of the duped coins/items have been removed. If there are any left, it should be pretty miniscule. In the meantime, if you've had anything removed that was tagged as "duped" but really wasn't, just send me an email. I'll repost this on a few threads just to be sure people see it.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:29 pm

Robby wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:03 pm
Ok just to clarify some things here. I didn't rollback data, as that is usually a LAST DITCH resort. And fortunately I was able to avoid having to do that. However, I did use back up data to track down and remove duped money and items.

Just to summarize. Before the exploit there was around 850,000,000 in the game's economy in ATMs. After the exploit took place, that numbers sky rocketed up to around 8,000,000,000. I tracked most of it down, and it is back down right to around where it was pre-exploit. You can check the game's economy data here to verify: https://eliatopia.com/Economy.php

Additionally, I tracked down as much duped items as I could as well. While I don't have it displayed on the game's economy page yet, I can run a calculation to see the total value of ALL items currently held on all players. To put it short, I've got that number back to around where it was pre-exploit as well.

So in conclusion, I'd estimate that about 97% of the duped coins/items have been removed. If there are any left, it should be pretty miniscule. In the meantime, if you've had anything removed that was tagged as "duped" but really wasn't, just send me an email. I'll repost this on a few threads just to be sure people see it.
97%? Wow! That's already more than what people expected.