Fav has a question for robby

Talk about anything Eliatopia related.
cinos
Fav has a question for robby

Post by cinos » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:44 pm

He wants to know if using macros to heal is cheating (it is, lmao). I told him it is cheating, but he wants the official, patented eliatopia confirmation by robby himself, so I made a thread for him in case he forgot, we all do that.

just saying, inhuman speeds are considered cheating in most competitive spaces, almost all fighting game tournaments ban turbo controllers for a good reason, it's not balanced. Something unachievable by a human player is not fair.

so uh, I dunno, I'll just leave this here so robby or flashlight can give a decent explanation, it would probably discourage players from...well, cheating.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

mike

Re: Fav has a question for robby

Post by mike » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:20 pm

it does look bad but its kinda old healing mechanics 2.0 if you can just juke the consuming interval thingy
go watch breaking bad
eliatopia discord:(if you have one) https://discord.gg/qFcKTtS
my discord:.mike#1112

cinos

Post by cinos » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:54 pm

mike wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:20 pm
it does look bad but its kinda old healing mechanics 2.0 if you can just juke the consuming interval thingy
....okay but that's not what I asked. Is he using macros? Yes, he has confirmed and admitted it, he just doesn't care if it's cheating...when it is.

so, yeah I'm just leaving this here so he can get an official reply.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Fav

Post by Fav » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Waiting for robby
Peaky Blinders #1 :mrgreen:

cinos

Post by cinos » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:47 pm

Rip, he never replies on general :pensive:
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:37 pm

There is a good reason why speedruns are split between human runs and TAS runs, and even then, some speedrun categories ban TAS runs (ex. Super Mario 64, in which case only one emulator is allowed from what I've watched). The thing is in online games, tool-assistance is considered cheating and is therefore banned altogether. Aimbots, wall hacks (which allows you to see other players through walls), macros, and cheat software are all seen as cheating and will at the very least get you a ban from Twitch (as regardless of the in-game moderation, Twitch doesn't take that sh!t lightly). Some entities like Kongregate would go as far as to say auto-clickers are cheating. Basically, if you're playing an online game and you're using external software to gain an advantage, you're cheating.

While wall hacks are programmed into the game (transparency feature, anyone?), macros clearly aren't programmed and are therefore not allowed. It's pretty safe to say that Fav is cheating. If I had the power to, I'd ban Fav for using macros, but I'm not a moderator.

mike

Post by mike » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:59 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:37 pm
macros clearly aren't programmed and are therefore not allowed. It's pretty safe to say that Fav is cheating. If I had the power to, I'd ban Fav for using macros, but I'm not a moderator.
can u become a mod thx
go watch breaking bad
eliatopia discord:(if you have one) https://discord.gg/qFcKTtS
my discord:.mike#1112

troopas

Post by troopas » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:11 pm

mike wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:59 pm
Flashlight237 wrote:
macros clearly aren't programmed and are therefore not allowed. It's pretty safe to say that Fav is cheating. If I had the power to, I'd ban Fav for using macros, but I'm not a moderator.
can u become a mod thx
Would be one of the few deserving of it

cinos

Post by cinos » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:28 pm

ong
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Jinnzakk

Post by Jinnzakk » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:05 am

Flashlight237 wrote:
There is a good reason why speedruns are split between human runs and TAS runs, and even then, some speedrun categories ban TAS runs (ex. Super Mario 64, in which case only one emulator is allowed from what I've watched). The thing is in online games, tool-assistance is considered cheating and is therefore banned altogether. Aimbots, wall hacks (which allows you to see other players through walls), macros, and cheat software are all seen as cheating and will at the very least get you a ban from Twitch (as regardless of the in-game moderation, Twitch doesn't take that sh!t lightly). Some entities like Kongregate would go as far as to say auto-clickers are cheating. Basically, if you're playing an online game and you're using external software to gain an advantage, you're cheating.

While wall hacks are programmed into the game (transparency feature, anyone?), macros clearly aren't programmed and are therefore not allowed. It's pretty safe to say that Fav is cheating. If I had the power to, I'd ban Fav for using macros, but I'm not a moderator.
you desurv to be a mod
"Devil in a form of a wh0re"
Discord: Jinnzakk#1268